Bulbul's looks.... Boon ya Bane?

flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
So Ekta is going according to the book, and not applying her twists and turns (not yet 😉) suresh loves bulbul, the contractor loves bulbul, the would be (past) inlaws of pragya loved bulbul.. etc etc... all of which turn out to be her boon.

She doesnt have problems like pragya, she is the younger sister who is 'more prettier', and so has all the boys running around after her. But herein, her beauty... it can also attract any tom, dick and harry read contractor.. who can bend and manipulate the rules and emotionally blackmail the family.. all in return for Bulbul's hand in marriage. If the family accepts the proposal, they would be ruining their daughter's life.. if they reject, he would make life... a living hell for them. This is where bulbul's beauty is her bane.

So the point of this post is... how can bulbul turn her asset into an advantage for her family, which earlier was an advantage only for her? 😊 would love to know all of you peep's POVs

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Her beauty, vivaciousness is definitely the bane of her existence. In the book, Marianne attracted Willoughby so fast because she was so pretty and outgoing, same with Colonel Brandon. However, as the story progresses, it will be obvious that her beauty cannot attract the only man she wants, Abhi. So, it will balance itself out. 
In the book also, Willoughby's attraction for Marianne only invites trouble for her and her family. Same with Bulbul here. Her vivaciousness, her beauty are her curse. 
Dhruti_rocks434 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice topic flutter but m amazed why no comments here?
flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Star_girl

Her beauty, vivaciousness is definitely the bane of her existence. In the book, Marianne attracted Willoughby so fast because she was so pretty and outgoing, same with Colonel Brandon. However, as the story progresses, it will be obvious that her beauty cannot attract the only man she wants, Abhi. So, it will balance itself out.

In the book also, Willoughby's attraction for Marianne only invites trouble for her and her family. Same with Bulbul here. Her vivaciousness, her beauty are her curse.

thanks for replying. I admit... i havent read S&S,so dont know what happens in the story. But i am curious as to how Ekta will make the 2 sisters fall for each other's lovers. of course... she has the uncanny ability to kill her own work.. ets see till how long EK can pull this off. Thangod our remote has the channel switch button😉
flutterby thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dhruti_rocks434

actually for this.. i have quite a few reasons😆 i dont know whether to list them here.. thoda controversy create ho sakta hain..
most obvious is... the number of members here.. are few.. so u can expect few views and fewer comments on any post u make.

baaki.. let me reserve for now.. lest i get some ande/tamaatar my way.

but thankyou for commenting, ruchi😃
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Dhruti_rocks434

Because its following exactly whats in the book, Ruchi ðŸ˜†

Anyways, jokes apart, I think its a bane for her through and through. And not just about attracting the wrong types. I mean just how many girls would like being appreciated for their looks alone? It might be flattering in the beginning but there would soon come a time when they themselves would curse their looks and all the troubles it'll bring on.

As for how her looks will help her family, for now I really don't see in what way it could be an asset. Well of course, one thing her mom can be relieved about is that she would probably never have a shortage of prospective alliances, but then again just how many would be sincere about keeping her happy and how many would actually be needing only a trophy wife? So yup her beauty definitely is a bane.

We can only wait till tomorrow to find out how they'll manage to wriggle out of the current mess.
abhiyaneet8 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i think it more a bane to attract wrong kind of guys . currently like corporater 
flutterby thumbnail

Originally posted by: zephyr29

Because its following exactly whats in the book, Ruchi😆

Anyways, jokes apart, I think its a bane for her through and through. And not just about attracting the wrong types. I mean just how many girls would like being appreciated for their looks alone? It might be flattering in the beginning but there would soon come a time when they themselves would curse their looks and all the troubles it'll bring on.

As for how her looks will help her family, for now I really don't see in what way it could be an asset. Well of course, one thing her mom can be relieved about is that she would probably never have a shortage of prospective alliances, but then again just how many would be sincere about keeping her happy and how many would actually be needing only a trophy wife? So yup her beauty definitely is a bane.

We can only wait till tomorrow to find out how they'll manage to wriggle out of the current mess.

zephy?! there are many many many girls who love to be appreciated for looks alone... eg.. *ahem* remember everybody's most phaborite character of the past? *sorry for the unpleasant memory*

well.. this paticular item was living in her own dreamland as well.. *some more unpleasantness* well zephy.. u have certain characters as suresh.. however rare they seem.

yes.. lets see where EK takes this😊 thanks for the long reply.
pluviophile. thumbnail

Originally posted by: sparkle2985

which book guys name plz

Sense and Sensibility 
Edited by ..Tamanna - 10 years ago
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: flutterby

zephy?! there are many many many girls who love to be appreciated for looks alone... eg.. *ahem* remember everybody's most phaborite character of the past? *sorry for the unpleasant memory*

well.. this paticular item was living in her own dreamland as well.. *some more unpleasantness* well zephy.. u have certain characters as suresh.. however rare they seem.

yes.. lets see where EK takes this😊 thanks for the long reply.

It might be flattering initially yes, but for how long? What will happen when said looks start to fade?

And please lets not bring in bad memories, something we are trying to forget. That was definitely an extreme case bloated up for "masala" purposes which just ended up leaving a bitter taste.

Plus in Bulbul's case it'd be more dangerous as she is already someone who is naive and got her head up in the clouds in matters of love, she could very well get manipulated by guys. Which is how even Marianne falls for Willoughby in the book only to get her heart broken pretty badly.
Edited by zephyr29 - 10 years ago