Is it Flitwick who was a part -goblin?

Originally posted by: Lumos

Its DAMN simple guys... i tried not to make it too tough else the charm would have been lost...
i feel i've give too many clues..nevertheless...here-- 😊

I entered Hogwarts for a productive cause,
having to screen through a dozen laws.
I'm the only of my kind to ever step into school,
we are governed by not one but many a rule.
I served my purpose more than you can imagine,
but we were killed in a maddening action.
We dwelled in the most complex den,
we are not someone to visit now n then. 
Joe made us history forever in stages,
her honest confession in none of the pages. 
We ran into extinction years after first battle,
that fateful day of clutter and rattle.
I'm neither a potion nor a spell,
nor am i something to taste or smell!
I'm neither a wizard nor a squib,
shoot the answer and don't you crib!

Flitwick was a professor at Hogwarts, hence the "productive cause"...
He screened the students & took care of other security measures in book 6( or was that just in the 6th movie?.. confused)...
He was the only part-goblin/goblin to step into Hogwarts (I think)..
Since he was a teacher at Hogwarts, obviously he had to follow many rules..moreover, pure goblins at gringotts had to follow dozens of rules..
His purpose was to teach at Hogwarts but he obviously went ahead and served more by fighting in the battle at Hogwarts..
His kind/ goblins were killed in fury by voldy after gringots failed to protect his horcrux..
Pure goblins probably dwelled in a "complex den" or may b its a reference to gringots itself since it indeed was a complex den..
Goblins dint visit anyone every now n then..
JKR didnot reveal much about goblin history in the novel series but gradually revealed more information through her online sites..
After the first battle( which could b one of the many historical battle), goblins maybe became almost extinct ( not sure though.. dont remember)..
Goblins are neither potion or spell..😆

Edited by Akash005 - 10 years ago
Priya_nv thumbnail

Originally posted by: bookworm-ALS--

I do not affect most living things.

I am one of the oldest in my category.
I aided both Potter and Crouch.
I first appeared in Goblet of Fire, and among other things, helped Potter get away from the Dark Lord to safety.
Fred and George Weasley would have been in a lot less trouble if I had not been used; then again, I saved them from getting whipped!
What am I?

(Pretty obscure , but it should be enough)

Accio ??
Priya_nv thumbnail
@lumos - wow..👏👏 have to sit and rack my brains to find an answer... will do and post my guess later... have to attend a seminar now...

@akash - Flitwick seems to fit the most but goblins are not extinct as far as I know...and they all don't live in places like gringotts..even if they do, gringotts is often visited my wizards, rite?? 
Edited by Priya_nv - 10 years ago
Priya_nv thumbnail
Lumos, after reading your hint I started thinking out of the box and came up with sony...😆 
@ priya
Yes.. Flitwick doesn't seem to fit the bill ..

Also grouping flitwick with pure goblins as in from "I" to "we" seems unjustified.. bcoz flitwick is part goblin but has a distant goblin ancestry..flitwick was born in a wizarding family and is mainly known as wizard , not a goblin.. moreover, he is not the only kind to step into Hogwarts.. I may b wrong bcoz I read the books long time ago, buti think flitwick's brother's grandson too entered Hogwarts as a student..and by definition, he too is part goblin.. so flitwick is definitely wrong..however, it was the best guess I could come up with...eagerly waiting for the answer..
Edited by Akash005 - 10 years ago
Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@priya i expected better from you yaar! you might lose your answering machine title if you don't answer this simple one correctly ;) Lolz Lolz. so try!!

@nope akash. wrong answer. since you already know why its wrong i don't think you want me to explain :). Try harder man!!!Edited by Lumos - 10 years ago
Lumos thumbnail
@bro I'll just explain tiny bit. sadly flitwick disqualifies in the second line itself so point in going further. he entered hogwarts as a student. what dozen laws did he have to screen through? :P
@ lumos
Give us a hint at least .. is it an object or a being ?

Originally posted by: Lumos

@bro I'll just explain tiny bit. sadly flitwick disqualifies in the second line itself so point in going further. he entered hogwarts as a student. what dozen laws did he have to screen through? :P

I thought may be it could also mean him screening a dozen laws and not necessarily the other way around....as for how, its in my previous post..😆
Lumos thumbnail

Originally posted by: Akash005

@ lumos

Give us a hint at least .. is it an object or a being ?

hint: it could be anything. think from all perspectives :).

another last hint: pls also concentrate on Joes "confession". it says confession and not just revealing plain facts on pottermore. read those lines properly. what was it that Joe had to plan it in few stages? kya ho sakta hai ayesa?!

now enough. i feel I've already spelled the answer!