My Friend's Fiance (Part3 Pg 7)

Manish_Shetty thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
By- Manish B Shetty

Marriage is the tie that connects two souls, It is that bond which gives meaning to a sacred relationship, It gives a name and identity to a relationship between a girl and a boy. 
Do we all believe in it? Is our belief in this sacred institution of marriage fading with time?
Here, I the so called Family-Guy of this forum come back with my very first Short Story - My Friend's Fiance. 

I had actually started this SS long back...when things were different...but however, due to various reasons could not update it... but i thought let me give it a try after all. Here is what it is all about :) 

A Guy, who does not believe in love or the relationship called Marriage. For him it is just a waste of money and time. For him relationships have got no value in them, all that he values is money and status.
A Girl, still childish and confused about life. Very kind and good at heart. She is very modern in her approach and believes in living her life to the fullest. She is confused about if Love exists, because she has until now not experienced anything of that kind.
But, what will happen when their families decide to get them wedded? 
One who does not believe in it while the other one does not want to be in it?
There enters anther girl. She is the friend of the bride, she is here to act as a match maker. She is here to make the two believe in love and marriage. But what will happen when she herself falls in love with her Friend's Fiance? What if the guy starts believing in love and starts falling in love but not for his bride but for the match maker? Will the Match Maker tun out to be a Jodi Breaker? 
Come lets experience the flavor of Love Love heart, Marriage,  Heart Break and Friendship  all in one Short Story - My Friend's Fiance"

I Manish B Shetty present to you all 'My Friend's Fiance'

Edited by Manish_Shetty - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Manish_Shetty thumbnail
Index
Chapter 1 (Scroll Down)
Edited by Manish_Shetty - 10 years ago
Manish_Shetty thumbnail
Chapter 1: Introduction

Marriages in India are always given so much hype that it has so happened that the first thing we associate with when it comes to Indian culture is the wedding ceremony. Abroad marriage is yet another legal formality, but here in this country Marriages are divine...they are made in heaven. No matter where ever you are, however you are or whosever you are...you cannot escape this bond called marriage if you are Indian. Hahaha...yes its true...then why do you think this term Big Fat Indian wedding got its origin.
Let me make myself clear "No Indian has ever and will ever escape Marriage"...So was the case with two lost souls Yuvraj Singh and Amanpreet Seghal in Short Yuvi and Annie...who lived thousands of miles away from the country of celebration - India as complete strangers. Strangers but not for long, hahaha...you guys watch for yourself what happened here...
London: 
"What? W-A-R-A-T? What on earth is that now?" asked the 20 year old confused Annie to her daadi in the living room of her house in London. "Haiyya rabba, what do I do with this girl? Le, she does not even know the meaning of Warat. Who will even marry her now?"
"Dadi dadi...please not again to the same old boring topic of marriage." She said standing on the sofa in her living room with a puppy face. This certainly did not go well with daadi, she immediately signalled, "Get down...Get down right now. Girls of these days have no shame and don't even know how to behave with elders. Is this what your mother has taught you in the last fifteen years while I was in India?" She asked.
Annie could clearly sense another typical Indian saas-bahu nok-jhok in her house when she found her mother trying to listen to every bit of what her mother in law had to say from the open kitchen. These women seemed as though they were waiting to pick a fight with the other. Annie suddenly got down from the sofa. 
Her mother was almost ready with her counter argument, when Annie spoke, "Okay fine. I agree to anything you say Daadi. Happy?" she asked. Uff...She was at least able to stop another Hindi serial scene from commencing. She was relieved but then her dadi spoke again, "Chalo good. First go wear something Indian, something that can cover you from top to bottom. Look at you, it looks like you are wearing some torn old clothes" she said eyeing Annie's jeans that had slits all over it. 
"But?" Annie protested. "What but? Don't tell me your good for nothing mother has not bought you a single Indian dress in so many years." Replied dadi.
This time Annie was of no help. "Ya right. I am good for nothing. I work all day long all alone in the kitchen and I am good for nothing. I at least had Kamala (servant) who used to help me out. But no...Your Ladli beti Paramjeet's servant had to return to India and she took away Kamala also along. And you call me good for nothing? Good for nothing is your daughter Paramjeet." Replied Annie's mom.
"Oh lord, when will these women grow up?" Annie said while the two women continued with their never ending argument in the background.  Annie walked to her room to wear something Indian and to also Google what warat meant. 
On the other hand...
London University, Basketball court. Alumni (Old Students') Basketball match.
The Alumni Basketball match of this year was something the University eagerly waited for a year, because this time they had their old student and basketball champ Yuvraj Singh to play again another basketball champ Vicky Malhotra. The court was full; everyone possible was present there, right from the present students to the old students. In fact even the Professors of the University did not want to miss it. Lisa once the hot shot cheer leader of the university and currently a top notch model was ready with her team of cheer leaders. It was not really an excitement for anyone to guess who she was supporting in the match. It was obvious she would support Yuvraj's team because he was one of her crushes in college. 
Both teams were set for the ultimate battle to begin and with the whistle of the referee the match began with Yuvraj taking the ball first. It was a nail biting match and the audience were kept wondering who the winner would be until the last moment when Yuvraj threw a basket and won it. Both Yuvraj and Vicky played the match as though they were born enemies of each other; however it was a known fact that Vicky and Yuvraj were the best of friends anyone could ever find.
In the Singh Bungalow: (Dining Table)
Abhilash Singh, Yuvraj's father, was a well known business man, his name was very popular in the London Corporate Circle, and however he was not very liked by his only son Yuvraj. Mrs. Mithali Singh, Yuvraj's step mother, was once a top notch model, but after getting married to Abhilash, she quit modelling and now had turned into a socialite. She too was very well known figure in the kitty parties. She had all the style, attitude and poise required to be called the perfect socialite woman. However, one thing she lacked was a bit of love that she never gave to Yuvraj.  The Singh family though appeared to be a perfect family to any outsider was filled with hatred. To be frank there really was nothing called a family, because family was one with Love. On the other hand, Singh Bungalow was more of a office where three people met every day on a very formal note. The actual understanding of relationship for them was a obligation one had to fulfil towards the other. 
Abhilash: Hey, Mithali. Where is Yuvraj?
Mithali: Hmm... He must be with his friends. Don't worry much about him Mr. Singh. He is grown up now. He can take care of himself. (She said with an assuring smile)
Abhilash: Yes. You are right. That is exactly what I feel. I think it is high time for him to now, start taking responsibilities and get settled in life.
Mithali: May be you are right. I think we should talk to him about getting married. It seems to be a right time. 
Abhilash: Yes. We should talk to him about it. Let us talk over it at dinner today. 
He said, leaving from there. So did Mithali after she was done with her breakfast. She had to attend fashion show and she surely did not want to miss it. 
Locker Room, London University:
Vicky: Shucks Man...If I would just win this match. 
Yuvraj: Hahahaha... Not that easy mate. You are competing against Yuvraj after all. (He said teasingly)
Actually, this side of Yuvraj was rarely seen by the world outside. In fact not even in his house. It was only Vicky who Yuvraj would open up with and once before did to his mother who left him all alone in the cruel world when he was only 8 years old. Since then the only relationship he understood was that of a friend which Vicky was. No one could ever take the place in Yuvraj's life. 
How would Yuvraj react when his parents would ask him to get married? For that wait for the next update. 

Supernatural_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Welcome Back Manish 

Just read the first part it was awesome love the concept, the first part was great loved the way Annie daadi fights with Annie mom typical household story in every house.. Daadi and Moms dont get along... Yuvraj entry and his friend convo was nice... Manish cant imagine Annie and Yuvi together they are Bro Sis in my FF...looking forward to Suvi entry

Cont Soon
Manish_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anam Ali

Welcome Back Manish 

Just read the first part it was awesome love the concept, the first part was great loved the way Annie daadi fights with Annie mom typical household story in every house.. Daadi and Moms dont get along... Yuvraj entry and his friend convo was nice... Manish cant imagine Annie and Yuvi together they are Bro Sis in my FF...looking forward to Suvi entry

Cont Soon

hahaha.. Thanks a ton Anam...!! This comment means a lot.. btw Yes.. Annie and Yuvi combo feel weird.. ๐Ÿ˜†dont worry Suvi is entering soon...!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
By the way How have you been?? 
iiManAsiii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
bhai sory frgt to unres. Bth chapy are amazimg. Luking frwrd to next part. Bhai is back wid a bng. Bhai, baaki ff bi update karo na. Welcome back forum writer.Edited by McSteamy - 10 years ago
Supernatural_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Manish_Shetty

hahaha.. Thanks a ton Anam...!! This comment means a lot.. btw Yes.. Annie and Yuvi combo feel weird.. ๐Ÿ˜†dont worry Suvi is entering soon...!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
By the way How have you been?? 

welcome๐Ÿ˜ƒ
very weird bro sis they are nearly in all the stories I have read
yeah looking forward to Suvi entry hopefully u will update soon
I'm ok๐Ÿ˜Š hw r u? hws ur studies going?
Manish_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anam Ali

welcome๐Ÿ˜ƒ
very weird bro sis they are nearly in all the stories I have read
yeah looking forward to Suvi entry hopefully u will update soon
I'm ok๐Ÿ˜Š hw r u? hws ur studies going?

yes i will update as soon as possible.. and yup I am fine... studies are fne too.. just yesterday got dont with my exams... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
ela_sandhirian thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi...welcum back๐Ÿค—
likd ur cncept a lot...d update ws really a nice one๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
looking forward fr d next part...cntinue soon
mizzle22 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Interesting..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Šand Its a really different concept too..
Waiting to see how the story unfolds..
glad Annie has a big role in this story..she is my fav character from SG..๐Ÿ˜Š now looking forward to the entry of Suvreen..
Do update soon..๐Ÿ˜ƒ