Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Star_girl

Go kill yourself Bhagat.

Weren't you the one making Rape jokes on Twitter? After the significant amount of twitter-bashing, you have suddenly opened your eyes yourself? Worried that you will lose those few fans of yours? You have always been a misogynistic, and stop pretending otherwise to "look cool". Self-obsessed, pretentious loser. Your books still suck. 

Go by the message not the messenger
Anne.Frank thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
My inner queen tells me to pataofy Aryan Khan..☺️
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: YusBee

The film also shows us the need for India to integrate with the Western world. When are we going to do that? We are so lost in our caste and religion politics, so close-minded about anything foreign, so caught up in the duties society imposes on us, so pressurized to get marks and land a job that we don't live as free and full as humans can. When did you hear of Indian students taking gap years after college to explore the world? How will we react if a girl says she wants to try out a few relationships before she settles down? In the name of preserving morals, we want to tie our women up. What has that led to? Where are there more rapes? Here in don't-date, don't-drink, don't-wear-modern-clothes India; not in Europe, where dating is a personal choice, alcohol is available at every corner-store and people are free to wear swimsuits on beaches.

@bold: Never

In India, students take gap after college years only to prepare for the next entrance examination.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

My inner queen says Ah f**k it.

I would like this post a lot more if Chetan Bhagat was a good author and actually created good female characters. I really appreciate his efforts in feminism, I really do. I think he has encouraged many youth to change their attitude towards women. But he never resonates personally with me as a feminist. Perhaps because his books still have poorly developed female characters who have bad sex with mediocre men. Seriously though, feminism is not merely about the freedom to work and have pre-marital sex. Women still need personalities you know? How about your female characters, develop some character.

Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SmritiKatha

Go by the message not the messenger

Not when the personality of the messenger is deeply linked with the message. The message is not some isolated thing. It happens to be associated with the man who delivers it. The message may be awesome and everything, but he is not doing this out of the so-called feministic impulse. So no, thank you.