Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

5. Eyes

If one tries hard enough then it becomes easy to read what's being said through the eyes.

She had been doing it all her life, not going by the words uttered but focusing more on the eyes of the speaker. And it had never been pleasant on her. Sometimes she thought the imagined the disdain in them, sometimes she wished she had imagined what she read there. For her it were the eyes which caused her the most uneasiness growing up. The eyes which shut her off before she could even muster the courage to speak.

It had been a while since she had shut off reading these eyes. Today, it was all coming back.

Panchi walked through the corridors of ICC, trying her best to show that nothing even remotely publicly humiliating had happened to her.  There was constant chatter around her, whispered conversations and pointed fingers whenever she passed a group of three or more students. She tried her best to ignore them all. Honestly, she couldn't blame them. The students had gotten a new topic to discuss in her shape. For once, some student had dared stay away from the whole Chillars and Dhakkans war and she had been dunked with dirty water in front of the whole college as an applause to her performance. Tears stung her eyes as the visual of her standing in front on the stage in front of crowd which had gone unceremoniously silent seeing her drenched with muddy water flashed on the screen on her mind; tears which she blinked away rapidly.

Though her ears had shut off the gossip floating around her, she couldn't block the eyes which looked at her. Eyes full of pity and amusement, sympathy and disdain, silent acknowledgement and complete strangeness; there was so much she could read in all the eyes.

"Kal raat uss fresher ne kya kamaal ka perform kiya!"

One strange voice made her stop in her tracks. Someone was saying something, actually saying it.

"Haan yaar...too bad uske uper kachra gir gaya." Another voice responded.

"Who do you think is responsible for it?" First voice asked, dipped in curiosity.

"Probably the Dhakkans. Dekha nahin tha, ussne race mein uss Chillar ka saath diya tha. Ye independent performer tou sab ek natak tha. Zaroor kal bhi wo Chillars ko represent kar rahi thi." A third voice said wisely and she didn't stop to listen how it was responded.

It had taken her all the strength she had to walk up to the stage and defy something. And it taken a mere gossip to ruin it all. She didn't even know what to blame anymore; the established system of this college or the courage which had taken too long for her to gather. Suddenly tired, she stopped and leaned against the pillar near the corridor leading to her class room, glad that students were far too caught up in things that actually mattered to them to notice her.

Ranveer saw her back from a distance, standing alone near the pillar. A rush of relief spread within her, followed by the instinctive worry for her that he had been carrying around for quite some time. A lot of things had happened during the chaos after the show; things which had made him forget to check on her. In his defense, he could be excused of it. With the full head on fight between the Chillars and Dhakkans where he participated fully and didn't miss a chance to land a blow on KD or anyone who stepped in his way and the reappearance of Jaitley sir who witnessed his Jokers at their worst yet again, he could be excused for not checking up on her.

No, in the depths of his heart he knew just how inexcusable his action was. Late or not, he should've called her. Should've followed her. Should've checked up on her. It was one moment where she must have needed her best friend more than anyone else and he hadn't been there. And now, his feet felt heavy. He couldn't take a few steps towards her and talk to her.

"Ranveer...are you okay?" Kiya's touch on his shoulder brought him back to his senses. He still kept looking at Panchi. On cue, she turned around and their eyes met.

He saw her look at the pair of them for a second before turning her face away. It was the thought of him missing this chance and never getting it back which made him move and reach her in a few strides.

"Moti...you okay?" Not the best conversation opener in these cases, he knew. The look on her face affirmed it.

"Tum batao mujhe Ranveer, mujhe kaisa hona chaiye?"

"Look, I meant to call. Per itni raat hogayi thi and main kal raat bohat tension mein tha. Ye fight aur phir Jaitley sir-"

"Honestly Ranveer, mujhe ais waqt koi excuse or explanation nahin chaiye. Jo mere saath hona tha wo kal raat ko tum already kar chuke ho." She shrugged and moved passed him. He grabbed her hand and pulled her back, forcing her to look at him.

"Kya kar chuka hoon main?" Perplexed, he sought the answer.

"Do you honestly don't know that?"

"Panchi, tum ye soch bhi kaise sakti ho ke kal raat tumhare saath jo hua usmein mera haath tha! Aisi cheap harkat koi stupid Chillar hi kar sakta hai!" The shock which he felt came across as suppresed anger. She only smiled humorlessly at him.

"Nahin Ranveer, main nahin soch sakti ke tum kabhi mere saath aisa kar sakte ho. Lekin tum ne tou socha na, doubt kiya mujhe. Tumhe tou yehi laga ke main tumein show wali harkat ke liye blame kar rahi hoon...ye khayal tou tumhare dimag mein aaya hi nahin hoga ke shayad main ais baare mein baat kar rahi thi ke kal raat tum ne mujhe akela chod diya."

There was no hurt in her voice, no anger. She said it in a matter of fact tone, with a smile which had no place in this conversation. Stunned, he let go of her hand. She looked away and wiped the corner of her eye, undoubtedly to remove the traces of wetness from there.

"Kya bann gaye ho tum Ranveer? Apne inn new friends ke saath reh kar, tum mujhe bhi inn ki tarah treat kar rahe ho. Jaise main koi selfish, manipulating insaan hoon jo har kisi ko doubt ki nazar se dekhte hain. Ye sochte ho tum mere baare mein? Frankly, kal raat wale incident se mujhe itna dukh nahin hua jitna tumhari ais assumption se hua hai."

He let her speak, let the reality of her words sink in. Because she didn't raise her voice or accuse him of anything. She said it simply and truthfully. Trust Panchi to always know how to say what to say. He didn't answer her and she didn't wait for him. She walked away from there, not sparing him another glance.

There were some bruises on his knuckles from last night, a stinging pain on the side of his face where he had been punched and a body sore from all the beating which he had gotten and given in equal measure when his adrenaline had been pumping strong last night. In that moment, he felt no pain from any of those. If she had stayed and seen his eyes, she would've seen the hurt there. Hurt which he had to blink back before it rolled down his cheek.

_______

I was debating whether to put Avi and Rukmini in this one or not. I decided against it else it would've been too long. So they will come in next chapter.
Also, good news. I kind of have a scene in my head about how RaHi's first kiss is going to be in this FF. But since it's far in the future at the moment, I can't guarantee if I will write it exactly like that or not. Partly cuz it might not fit in the narrative then and partly cuz I might forget it xD
Yeah, I am planning on putting loads of kisses and stuff here.

love,
Mais.
sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: Madhuras_Rule

Maisy thank u sooo much for this FF . No, thank you for liking my efforts! <3  I love the way you write especialy those little detials which were like blanks in the story and you filled them. That's the whole point..me trying to fill in the blanks..

Things are not same as they were before between them he once again taking her for granted ,but she felt that defference, but this time she will show that only Ranveer aka nonu is not her world there is another wrold and she will break the walls around her and show the world the real Panchi Rastogi not nonu's moti Yes! And it's about time! Though now that I think about it, I am really making Panchi the good guy a lot :/ which is not the case! I wanna show them equally! Urgh..hopefully this chapter didn't do that..or maybe it did :/ damnit!

When she was standing in front of hundred of people ready to give her best performance her eyes asusual were not searching for him instead there was a confidence in them which he never saw . when she started singing all the people present there were hypnotised by her melodious voice he realized that he got so busy in his own life that he forgot how good singer his moti was but he realized one more thing that the girl singing on stage was not his moti singing for him but she was Panchi who was singing for herself . I just have to say it because of the words you just used but..Nonu is so adamant on not looking at his Moti in any other light other than the best friend wala. Maybe he just needs to realize that along side Moti, that girl is also Panchi. So, here he doesn't fall for his Moti. He falls for Panchi Rastogi.

Maisy you described these things so beautifully Ranveer's feeling after he saw PANCHI singing were perfectly described. A bit lengthy but they did the work 😆

You completed it maisy all the blanks which were not filled you filled them and luv u for doing that . Thanks a lot!

And yes how can I forget that last line it was so touching

love u sooo much for writing this masterpiece
Madhura 😃
Madz? You using a new ID kya?? 😕

..WitchGrave.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Loads of kisses stuff here lovely ;)
Go darling you are rocking
Tha last para you explained rvs pain flawless
--Akshu-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Wow u really should have written RaHi story really

I am so glad you are writing this firstly cuz when they are gone this makes me feel they are still there and also reading another version of the story its great

Eyes I loved the first para it was beautifully described

I frankly forgot s2 RaHi story as the parts come up I go like shit this was there lol
But I loved it people talking and she over-hearing them trying her level best to stop those tears

He staring at her and realizing he should have been there it atleast called and check upon her but he himself was caught up,he has done this and he regrets later I should have done this

I loved the part where their eyes meet and it's just the eye-lock between them I love such moments
And the convo I could feel it Panchi saying all of that and he is just listening

The best part for me was when she said tum kaise bann Gaye ho,treating me like main koi manipulative insaan hoon ahhh I loved this And more than anything the thing that it wasn't said by her with hurt in her eyes etc it was a fact she knows where to say in what way and she walked off
Perfect

And the last part nothing else could hurt him ATM then the things what she just said
This is perfect Maisy m proud of you :p

What else to say this is fab thank u is not enough

Let's see how rahi's first kiss will be <3

Can't wait for the next one
Muah :*
Let-It-Go thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This is a Beauty ! I have no words to actually describe how apt everything looks and how easily u have edited ur vision in the actual scenes. U are a class writer !
sourmisery thumbnail
my monitor has gone all kapoot so can't give detail replies till I get it back..will get to individual replies first thing when it's fixed!
..WitchGrave.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: spicySugar..

my monitor has gone all kapoot so can't give detail replies till I get it back..will get to individual replies first thing when it's fixed!

Kapoot 🤣 🤣
sourmisery thumbnail

6. Unexpected

He wasn't stranger to the library. He had spent many memorable moments in the quietest corner of the room back in his school days. Truth be told, he used to look forward to school mostly because of spending time in seclusion in the silent room with one beautiful girl or the other.

Then he had said, "Teri qasam" and saw the brilliant smile on her face. And he thought his days in the library were over.

Except, they were not. Here he was again.

Sighing, he leaned back in his chair and looked around. It wasn't filled with many students. There were some couples stealing moments from life as they sat on the distant tables. Few of the others were sitting alone and seemed to be there only for free wi-fi. He noticed a couple of students sleeping near the AC with books covering their faces. The amusement he felt was justified. The holy sanctuary for people who dreamed to make a difference was being used for any purpose than its intended one.

Having had enough of the solitude, he decided to leave. As he stood up to gather his things which he had scattered in a rush of helpless annoyance, his eyes fell on a girl. Her back was turned to him and head ducked down. Curious to know what her intention of being in the library was, he sneaked behind her. There were three books and one notebook opened in front of her. One of the books was a Hindi to English dictionary. That was enough to make him inch closer to her. He had always hated this subject and to see someone filling the pages of their notebook with words upon words in purely written Hindi basically astounded him.

She kept referring to the dictionary and jotting down points on her notebook, blissfully unaware of his presence behind her. Curious to know just what occupied her so, he leaned down to inspect her notebook closely. Seeing so many Hindi words together dazed him. Enough to forget that what he was doing in that moment was immoral.

"Kisi ne punish kiya hai tumhein?" The words left his mouth before he realized them. The girl gasped in surprise and turned to look at him. The first thing he noticed in her face was her eyes. Big, dark eyes made darker with kohl.

Eyes, full of surprise, shock, and confusion.

Beautiful eyes.

"I mean, itni saari Hindi kisi third degree torture se kam nahin lagti." It was a very lame thing to say but the big, beautiful eyes were drawing him in and he didn't want them to.

The girl turned her head away and quickly started pulling the books towards her before shutting them close and shoving them in her bag. He kept standing there, uncomfortably close to her but he didn't realize it. The dirty looks she kept shooting at him after every three seconds weren't enough for him to get the clue. Her lips started to move in silent curses, no doubt, and his lips curled up in a smile. Something which he saw her notice and she got up to leave without further delay. Before he could apologize about his intrusion upon her privacy, she had stormed away.

Ranveer looked at the table and saw that she had left her notebook there. Picking it up, he opened its first page. Like the pages inside, it too had words written in Hindi. Except it was just one word repeated over and over again.

Rukmini.

"Ruk-mi-ni." He read her name, the way he read everything in Hindi. By breaking it to pieces. It wasn't a very rare name but quite unusual from where he came from. Nodding in approval, he looked up and froze.

The girl was back and shooting him looks, dirtier than before. He felt like a thief who had been caught stealing. He looked at her and then at her notebook which he was holding and immediately extended that hand towards her.

"Nice handwriting?"

He didn't imagine her look which said something about her murderous intention of smashing his head with the dictionary in her bag so he braced himself for any kind of oncoming onslaught. But the girl only snatched her notebook from his hand and left without a single backward glance at him.

Ranveer Shergill had met quite a lot of girls in his life before but never before had he experienced such an interesting first encounter.

"Rukmini." The girl with big, beautiful eyes and a face which mirrored all she felt.

_-_

"Chocolate?"

It was the voice than the offer which made her look up in surprise. Out of all the people in the college, she never expected Avi to stand at her table, offering her a chocolate. Her first instinct was to look around and see if she was not being set up for some prank by his team. But the canteen was mostly empty, as it was usual for it to be at this time of the day when most of the classes were on. Her eyes travelled back to the chocolate being offered to her and then to the one offering it to her. Avi smiled at her and urged her to take the chocolate by extending it closer to her. The surprise of the situation had her reaching out for it.

"Bachchi hai kya wo jo chocolate khaye gi? Canteen mein pait pooja karne aate hain aur wo aise chocolate se nahin hoti."

Another familiar and equally surprising voice came from behind her. Looking back, she saw Omi glaring at Avi while holding a plate in his hand. This was bad. Very bad. These two started fights if they stood on two different ends of one corridor. And now they were merely feet away from each other while she was stuck in between them. She had to run away. Now.

"Chillar, tu yahan kya kar raha hai?"

"Tere se milne nahin aaya hoon. Panchi se baat karni hai."

If there was escape plan devising in her mind, it immediately flew away at this revelation. Omi was grinning at her, not the malicious grin she had seen on his face on the first day of the college but rather a more genuine one. Suddenly, the plate in his hand started to make more sense.

"Panchi!" He crossed the distance between them in two big strides and stood on the other side of her. "Ye lo, Mumbai ka world best kaju wale samosa khao!" He put the plate in front of her. She looked at the snack and then up at Omi who was smirking at Avi.

"God, Chillar. Tu loser ka loser hi rahega. Samosa, really?"

"Haan tou tu konsa winner hai! Chintu ke dabbe se chocolate chura ke khud ko bada Tees Maar Khan samajh raha hai?"

"Oi! Mind your language. Shukar karo ke Panchi yahan hai. Warna.."

"Arey warna kya ukhaad loge tum?! Pehle hi ais bechari ki performance kharab karke tu apni auqat dikha chukka hai. Ab samajhta hai ye chunnu sa chocolate sab sudhaar de ga?"

"Excuse me? Performance maine nahin, tum ne kharab ki. You pathetic jealous dumbo."

"Ae! Dabba kisko bola be!"

Even if she wanted to, she couldn't say anything. The two rivals were so busy firing insults at each other that they completely forgot why they were there in the first place. She just sat in surprise and looked at them, her head moving between them as if she was following a tennis rally as they brought up old incidents and new insults to somehow hurt the other.

"Shut up!" When their bickering became too childish and they became dangerously close to each other, she cried out and stood up. They blinked in surprise, as if she had materialized from thin air rather than being there all this time.

"Avi, main nuts wale chocolate nahin khati. I'm allergic." She looked at Avi and pushed his chocolate back at him. Omi gave a shout of triumphed laughter and she turned to look at him.

"Kaju bhi nut hi hota hai." She said matter-of-factly and pushed the plate to Omi whose smile flattered.

"And, now I have to go." She announced and looked at them. They seemed disappointed at the response their peace offerings, which sounded no less than war cries, had gotten. When they looked at her and she raised her eyebrows did they get the message that she wanted space to leave. Both of them immediately back stepped and made way for her to leave. Panchi saw them glare at each other and she realized the intention behind it. Another challenge. Whose side would she choose to leave from?

Tired, she took a deep breath and shook her head. Had it be another place, she wouldn't have thought of what she was going to do. Had it been someone else, she wouldn't even have dreamt of what she was about to do. Had it been another time of her life, she would've found a more rational way to get out of the situation.

But since it was neither of any of that, she got up the chair and without a single glance back or around her, stepped on the table and jumped down on the other side. She was aware of the glances she would've gotten from anyone who saw her do that but she pushed it all back and briskly walked out of the canteen.

It was when she was all alone and secured in the crowd of the students coming out of their classes did her action fully sunk in. Panchi Rastogi had just opted to climb a table and jump down from it to walk away from a situation. It was something she never did. A surprised laugh came erupting out.

Instinctively, she looked around, thinking that the only person with whom she wanted to share this feat with would be near him. But he wasn't and the laugh died down as quickly as it had come. She didn't even know where to find him.

And Ranveer thought of her as he sat in the music room, a guitar in his hand but he wasn't playing it, wanting to tell her about the eyes which drew him in. Like he always did before.

Only, now he didn't think he ever could do that again.

Edited by spicySugar.. - 10 years ago
Mystique.Kishi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Mais, since for me this is the actual story of Rahi in season 2, I am going to ignore the fact that some people out there showed something else. I am going to comment like a viewer and a reader.
You know what makes a good writer??? The ability to paint a whole life size canvas with a scenario and in such vivid detail, that the reader can almost imagine it happening in front of her eyes. What makes a maestro is when they do it using such few words. You are the latter.
Firstly Panchi and her muddy water fiasco. You know when I was in standard six, I went up to the stage for a singing competition with a friend of mine. And while we were singing the mike started making that annoying high pitched noise that gets on one's nerves. And each time we tried to sing , it would make the noise again. The auditorium burst out in giggles and finally a teacher asked us to stop and take our seats. I very well remember the feeling after that day. For a week, I hated to roam the corridors of my school. But till date, I never could put it in words this brilliantly.

Eyes full of pity and amusement, sympathy and disdain, silent acknowledgement and complete strangeness; there was so much she could read in all the eyes.

How people, even friends have more often than not completely disregarded her presence. How she was always the one who never made a difference in the crowd . You captured it so beautifully in the first few lines.
Try as I might, I cannot bring myself to sympathize with your man. Atleast here. Ranveer still can't see. He is still making up excuses for himself . He knows deep down that he is wrong but refuses to admit it to himself. And the day he will start acknowledging his faults will be the day I will go easy on him. I will love him when he finally learns to put Panchi before himself and stop taking her from granted. The drifting apart is done. There is no mending it now.

And I absolutely loved Panchi and her silent reproach to Ranveer here. I loved it in the show and  I loved it here as well. One does not fume in anger when he or she is tired. She is tired now. Tired of him being an ass and then passing it off as nothing. Tired of coming last and finally, tired of him expecting her to take him back despite it all. And her response was so apt. It spoke volumes.I love the smile. I would love to imagine it as a wry smile , a smile that says "Why are you here now, Ranveer?' And call me a sadist but I loved the fact that he was hurt. He should be. It is about time he tastes his own medicine. It is about time it settles in that thick skull of his, that it is not her who is dependent on him , who needs him. It is him who needs her.Make him grovel,Mais. Please make him grovel.I know you love him but pleeesss, just a bit.