3 Parts of Paro's Apology - Going Overboard?

Oyster thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
The deceased Prof. Randy Pausch of Carnegie Mellon University stated in one of his last and immensely famous lectures that a sincere apology has three parts:
1. I m sorry.
2. I know it was my fault.
3. How can I make it right?

He added further that most people forget the third and most important part. It is the most significant bit cuz it actually determines the sincerity of your apology. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While watching Paro's extraordinary concern and care for Rudra today, I wondered if she was going overboard. But then I remembered these wise words and told myself naa... She's doing it right!

She immediately fulfilled the first two requirements like most of us as soon as she realised that she was at fault - maari ghalti thi, maarey ko maaf kardo Rudra. Now she is hellbent on fulfilling the third requirement. This point of view was further reinforced by the words of the pandit at the temple today who elaborated on the nature and fruits of sincere apology. This girl is gonna give whatever it takes from her to make things right! If you don't understand it this way, you might misinterpret Paro's insistence and persistence.

So yeah it is not an instance of zero self-respect but rather an attempt to make a sincere and complete apology! 

What I would like the creatives to do is to make sure that this remains Paro's journey of repentance. I don't want her to develop any feelings for Rudra until she proves her innocence and achieves forgiveness and leaves Ranawat house. It would be okay for Rudra to have some feelings for her once he learns that she did not set his father's room on fire.

Just a thought I wanted to share before I fall asleep. Good night!
Edited by Oyster - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hope thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
So true. We mostly forget the third part. Very well said. 
Paro even said it today. I was worng. I did thing that I regret now. I will make it right. I will make it up to Rudra. I think she spoke along those lines. Anyways.. Paro baisa, you go girl. 
rashika thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Never thought of the third point. Well said.

Jaz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I genuily think rudra has feeling for her, but he has so many things to deal with rite now that it's da last thing his thinking about. However I'm confused about paro does she like rudra does she not, is she falling for him or not it's hard to read cause of all da concern she's showing and putting her hands on his! I'm jus confused lolEdited by Jaz1990 - 10 years ago
showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I think she has already started making amends when she gave her statements against Tejawat in a press conference and sought a public apology for being misled. Once she knew the truth she is well on her way trying to make things right without wallowing in self-pity or crumbling down crying for being betrayed by Thakur who was a father figure or knowing about her sham wedding and brutal murder of her parents. 
showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Jaz1990

I genuily think rudra has feeling for her, but he has so many things to deal with rite now that it's da last thing his thinking about. However I'm confused about paro does she like rudra does she not, is she falling for him or not it's hard to read cause of all da concern she's showing and putting her hands on his! I'm jus confused lol

I think apart from care and concern she is attracted to Rudra at least at a sub conscious level, and now even more so after knowing all that he did for her. Paro was restraining her feelings and not venturing to think too much about it till last week due to her commitment to her first marriage and loyalty to Tejawat mixed with prejudice against BSD. Paro might think of her feelings clearly once she too gets a sounding board like Laila was for Rudra, who made him face his actions and thoughts.

Just like Rudra is suppressing his feelings now, similarly Paro did that till last week.
Oyster thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
I wouldn't say Paro had feelings for Rudra at least not until she thought he was the reason behind her becoming a widow. I don't remember any time when she was carried away during the pre-wedding rituals. Rudra on the other hand had those swaying moments even though he would never allow himself to think in that direction. Now yeah... Paro too could find herself falling for Rudra... It would be really difficult to say anything in her case so I would take Jaz's position of being confused in Paro's case...
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Oyster

I wouldn't say Paro had feelings for Rudra at least not until she thought he was the reason behind her becoming a widow. I don't remember any time when she was carried away during the pre-wedding rituals. Rudra on the other hand had those swaying moments even though he would never allow himself to think in that direction. Now yeah... Paro too could find herself falling for Rudra... It would be really difficult to say anything in her case so I would take Jaz's position of being confused in Paro's case...

the thing is Paro would have done that same thing to Dilsher n made him fall asleep on her lap if he was at Rudra's place n was having a break down! that is why its i don't at all think is love.

Paro is some1 as she said who hasn't even hurt an ant. n now she feels he has hurt him a lot n done a lot of wrong unknowingly. So she is trying to fix it.. like she is guilty n till he forgives her she thinks she is wrong! n she keeps on trying to make amends.

I so don't want her to fall for him at this moment. he should 1st learn she never was wrong as in never was wrong to protect others as she was actually innocent. that has to get fixed 1st.

then i hope his feelings which he already has should come to the surface. i don't want her to be the 1 to take the 1st step of the love story. cz simply said Rudra felt the 1st attraction when Paro was repelled in a way earlier.
n it would be nicer to watch somehow the man falling 1st...

@main post - nice one Sonya ðŸ˜³

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Agree with your post ... you said it very well. 
Especially this part
What I would like the creatives to do is to make sure that this remains Paro's journey of repentance. I don't want her to develop any feelings for Rudra until she proves her innocence and achieves forgiveness and leaves Ranawat house. It would be okay for Rudra to have some feelings for her once he learns that she did not set his father's room on fire.

I don't mind if she develops some feelings subconsciously ... she was repressing her feelings about the possibility of Rudra being correct because of her fierce loyalty to Tejawat ... for now she can repress her feelings as to WHY it is so important for her that he believe her ... her first focus should be on proving her innocence in the fire mystery. Her feelings for him can surface later once she has proved her innocence and he has realised she did not set the fire. He is already upset about her being Mala's foster daughter, so he has another reason not to go near her. 
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
Loved ur Pov.
Aptly explained.