Kapil Sharma to cut comedy show for movie career Now 1 Day show only

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Kapil Sharma to cut down his comedy show for movie career

Kapil Sharma to cut down his comedy show for movie career
Kapil Sharma
Kapil Sharma, the host and producer of popular TV show "Comedy Nights with Kapil", is set to embark on a movie career and he says the show would have to revert to its one-episode-per-week format due to time constraint.

Kapil will make his film debut with Yash Raj Films' (YRF) "Bank-Chor", which will go on floors in April.

READ: My role in 'Bank-Chor' unlike stereotypical: Kapil Sharma

"By now, somehow managing my schedules has become a habit for me. I am talking to you early in the morning after having worked on my show for 36 hours. Doing two episodes every week means I've to provide at least 70 minutes of content every week.

"It's not easy to think up funny gags every 10 seconds. We can't afford to let our audience get bored for even a few moments," said Kapil.

Given the time constraints, he says he has to cut down his television show by half.

READ: Kapil Sharma in a Yash Raj Film

"I've no choice but to do this. The channel Colors doesn't want me to do the show only once a week. But for the sake of the film, I've no choice but to cut down my television show by half," said the comedian, who has waited a very long time to do a movie.

"I didn't want to just carry over my 'Comedy Nights' image into my movie career. When I heard the script of 'Bank Chor', I was completely taken up. It allows me room not only for comic scenes, but there is also an element of seriousness in the story," he said.

Directed by Bumpy, the film unfolds the story of three people who pick a wrong day to rob a bank. What happens when the trio is caught in a crossfire of cops, industrialists and corrupt politicians, forms the rest of the story.

"It's basically the story of the guys. So, the male casting is being done first. I am happy that I'd be making my film debut with Yashraj Films. I grew up watching their films. I never dreamt I'd be part of a Yashraj film one day," he said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ayaan786 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

sad that the show is just once a week now but i can completly understand kapil

he choosed quality over quantity and thats the right think to do

im also very excited to see him on the big screen im sure he will kill it like always

-SHAIVI- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i am happy that show will still be on air although only for one day but i can completely understand Kapil after all he has a carrier to look for and opportunities do not knock your door twice. 
tareyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
i m happy for him...coz as he said thinking of gagas for evert 10 secs is really a tough task n who would get go such lucrative offers n dat too by YRF... n more over this show wont go on forever as all gud things end this one also has to end ( hope dat day is too far 😛) bt still m glad dat he took up the offer...
NarutoFan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
All The Best to Kapil😊..but feeling sad at the same time😭