Who is Vijay Sethupathi?

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Yes who is he exactly? I mean ofcourse he's an actor but why he's so famous all of a sudden? I see people here and like news articles and all the stuff the guy's getting so much name.. what is his claim to fame? Is he a good actor?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
He's actually been around for quite a while now, but didn't get much recognition earlier. But in 2012 he had movies like Pizza and Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kanom release which was a major turning point for him as both films were critically acclaimed and commercially successful as well. 

He's getting really popular now due to the different and off-beat movies he chooses to be part of and the type of stories those movies tell. Plus, he's a really good actor. No matter what the role, he easily seems to get into the skin of his characters. 
-Nakshatra- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Vijay has been in the Industry for a long time. He did a lot of supporting roles earlier. Got his first recognition from the movie Pizza. Followed by Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanum which was a huge success among the masses, still does a lot of commercial and offbeat films. Has no qualms doing an Pannayarum Padminiyum at this point in his career. He seems so Natural onscreen, effortless performer. He seems to pick the best movies in the last few years. Has an Impeccable Script sense! He is next best to Dhanush!

boredsoul thumbnail
and most of all he looks just like one of us on the screen . i think that is a major contribution for his success too
-Nakshatra- thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=08Ar821Av-Q[/YOUTUBE]
I can't remember someone doing a role like this so early in their career.
mellisai thumbnail
agree with all the comments above... what I like about vijay sethupathi is that he doesn't hog screen time like most big actors. he played the hero role in thenmerkku paruvakaatru (debut as hero) & pizza (with negative shades)... but in his other movies he shared screen time with actors who had equal important roles. ðŸ˜Š
other reasons for his success (not mentioned by others)... off screen personality, nkpk dialogues (ennachu, paahhh!), idhabaa dialgoues (kumudha happy).😃

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
woww everybody seems to like him.. he's quite something eh.. I need to start watching his movies.. That trailer looks interesting..
-Nakshatra- thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~*Thamizhan*~

agree with all the comments above... what I like about vijay sethupathi is that he doesn't hog screen time like most big actors. he played the hero role in thenmerkku paruvakaatru (debut as hero) & pizza (with negative shades)... but in his other movies he shared screen time with actors who had equal important roles. ðŸ˜Š

other reasons for his success (not mentioned by others)... off screen personality, nkpk dialogues (ennachu, paahhh!), idhabaa dialgoues (kumudha happy).😃

@Bold: No starry tantrums and everyone loves him for his simplicity. Whatever the issue is with Siva I hope it doesn't last.
-Nakshatra- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -MakhanMalaai-

woww everybody seems to like him.. he's quite something eh.. I need to start watching his movies.. That trailer looks interesting..

@MakhanMalaai: Pizza would be a great choice.

Edited by -Nakshatra- - 10 years ago
supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
^ Also NKPK ðŸ˜† I watched that one just randomly and enjoyed every bit of it !