Deepika & her gross manly body (& other gross BW actresses)

monamma thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
So yeah, basically deepika has the body of a man right? No curves. Straight up and down. Manly. Body of a wooden plank. Perhaps a stick?

Oh and Pari...FAT. Chubby. Thick. Curvy, maybe (to be nice)?

Sona too? Oh no it's okay she's losing weight. But she may or may not still be in the "fat" category. 

Katrina has man-thighs. Too muscular.

Sonam has no-a*s-at-all syndrome.

Vidya is a hippopotamus.

Kareena has fat arms.  

Anushka is a walking skeleton. Manly. Scary, even.

So who wins at the end? We, who sit behind a computer screen picking people apart?
I think it's mean how just because someone's a celebrity, some people think it's cool to pick them apart. Ugly eyes, nose, face, ears, and what not. 

The thing that bothers me most is body-shaming. 
"Slim" girls will talk about what a fat cow some of the actresses are and will put them down to put themselves up.
"Curvy" girls will talk about "body acceptance", and will put down "slim" girls for having no "curves" and how they are much more blessed with their voluptuous booties.

So basically, who wins at the end? Is it really that hard to accept all body types, without putting another type down? 🥱 And most of the time it's the females who have their bodies scanned for imperfections, and put down for being too slim/too fat/too short/ too tall. I think it's just a scary sign of how misogynistic the world is. 👎🏼
Edited by monamma - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Some people like to pass comments like this. Sadly we can't do anything about it, and honestly there comments don't make difference. There comments won't change the truth.
The two actress in BW who have best figure are deepika and priyanka 
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
👍🏼 👍🏼
Too bad this great post will fall to deaf ears
monamma thumbnail

Originally posted by: Saraa.

Some people like to pass comments like this. Sadly we can't do anything about it, and honestly there comments don't make difference. There comments won't change the truth.

The two actress in BW who have best figure are deepika and priyanka 

I think they have amazing bodies too!

It's nice to give appreciation and positive comments to their bodies and what not,
But nitpicking on every imperfections of the celebrities is kinda low (imho)
I think since they're actors, they should be judged on their acting talents; Not on how they look. They're not even models (though I wouldn't want to nitpick on how a model looks either)

If we are born a certain way, we should stay that way, instead of trying to strive towards a societal-set ideal.
I read an interview about how anushka sharma would read nasty comments about her on pink villa
The celebs have feelings too.
Now the poor girl resorted to surgery when she was so cute too begin with. 

Idk maybe i went off to strong with this post but it's something i feel strongly about lol
maybe I'm crazy 

😆
monamma thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tani91

👍🏼 👍🏼
Too bad this great post will fall to deaf ears

Thank you 
I'm glad you like it

I love your picture 
Deepika and her smile , ufff. 😆
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: monamma

It's nice to give appreciation and positive comments to their bodies and what not,
I think since they're actors, they should be judged on their acting talents; Not on how they look. They're not even models (though I wouldn't want to nitpick on how a model looks either)

If we are born a certain way, we should stay that way, instead of trying to strive towards a societal-set ideal.
I read an interview about how anushka sharma would read nasty comments about her on pink villa

Idk maybe i went off to strong with this post but it's something i feel strongly about lol
maybe I'm crazy 

😆

I agree with you. I hate when people make comments about other people appearances. I don't think a person should be judge by their looks. People who do that have nothing better to do in their life, 

Lalalalost thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: monamma

maybe I'm crazy

😆

Great post... 👏
Can you please share the interview of Anushka where she talks about the mean comments? I really wanna read it
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I agree people get judged harshly whether  too thin /thin or too curvy that's just how society has become and women are the worse enemies, as they do more nit picky then guys even!!

And some comments I have seen on celebs are harsh, yes they are in the lime light and have to maintain certain appearances but some remarks  are just plain rude!! No wonder some  take unnecessary measures or even develop eating disorders!! 
Edited by wat_up - 10 years ago
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Completely agreed. I bet most people who pass these sort of comments at every single one of them are probably butt ugly themselves. It's one thing to criticize but another to be hateful towards every celeb.
monamma thumbnail

Originally posted by: BindaasReena

Great post... 👏
Can you please share the interview of Anushka where she talks about the mean comments? I really wanna read it

Hey :) Thank you!
And, here's an excerpt and the link is below that:

What's been the worst thing written about you?

People said I'm ugly. It used to bother me a lot. There's this site pinkvilla.com. They put up pictures and the haters write really nasty stuff. Earlier I used to get upset but now I deal with it. When you are happy about yourself then you don't care. 

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3845968

^^it's just too sad