I TAKE UP CHARACTERS WHICH ARE CHALLENGING: SADIYA SIDDIQUI

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
http://colors.in.com/in/news/i-take-up-characters-which-are-challenging-sadiya-siddiqui-1369.html

Sadiya Siddiqui has been one of the most known faces of TV and after playing various character roles she has created a niche for herself in the industry.  Currently she plays the role of Thakuraiyan in Colors' Rangrasiya and by her own confession she finds it challenging and intriguing. 

Commenting on her role Sadiya said, "Once my character unfolds in the later episodes it turns out to be very different, challenging and something I haven't done before."  Sadiya has also played a small but important role in Balika Vadhu as Anandi's school teacher and believes in doing roles which have some meaning. "When I was younger I was part of a Doordrashan show in which I played the character of a child bride. Few years down the line I became part of Balika Vadhu and for me it means life has come full circle. It is such roles that make the journey of an actor."
Sadiya also hopes to do main lead roles but provided the character has something to offer. "As an actor I believe even main leads should have strong characters to portray but unfortunately in today's time TV doesn't follow such norm. Rarely do you find characters which display strength and one who has take a stand. In Doordarshan days it was all about good actors doing great characters."

It's not only TV that Sadiya has worked in but also theatre and films and believes that the television medium has changed over time. "Everything changes with time and I think today TV is plain fantasy. Audiences like to see what they don't get to see in regular life. That's why I even do a lot of theatre to keep in touch with reality." Asked if she prefers theatre over TV and films she replied, "It depends on the role and I always take characters which are challenging to do. I'm an actor and more than the medium the role is important."

Currently, Sadiya's character is enjoying living in the Big Haveli and has no clue about her husband's illegal activities. But Sadiya reveals that very soon everything is going to change. "My character will soon face some torturous moments and undergo tough times. There's a lot to look forward to in the story." 

Edited by Sarun55 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by Arshi.Sugi.IPK

TFS

welcome 😊
she is doing great job,,,,,tfs,,,,,
Can't wait!! i just love her as Thakurainsa!! ❤️
I like this character. Happy to read about "changing times" in the show.
Excited about the coming tracks.