hasini009 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Open letter to Abhay Deol: I was your fan and you just broke my heart

New Delhi: No Abhay Deol, no. You cannot be shattering my hopes like this. You, mister, have been the coolest actor I have known. So featuring and producing a sleepy, boring film called 'One By Two' makes your fans and devotees like me cringe in pain and embarrassment. And that shouldn't be the case, ideally. Because while the world swooned over Dhanush's charming smile in 'Raanjhanaa', I was drooling all over your dimples. And then you come up with THIS? Really?

In films and in reality, you have defined how the next gen actors ideally should be. You defined coolness with your act in 'Dev D', you made us, the fans, a party to your heartbreak in that film. The youth had a new hero to worship, who was more relatable and carried stardom light on his shoulder.

I applauded your guts when you recently stood up for the musicians and fought T-Series on the pertinent issue of royalty. You , sir, gave the cause a much needed push. I would say sporting a black eye at an awards function was a bit dramatic, yes, and not many understood the metaphor, but that helped your cause, so in the larger picture, it was a good move. So when Friday came closer, I was hoping to watch your maiden production venture and feel all refreshed early in the morning and thank my job and all that. But what I got to endure in the theater was a two and half hours long story of a slob called Amit Sharma and self pity driven Samara Patel, which sir was the most excruciating experience at the movies since Neil Nitin Mukesh's 'Shortcut Romeo'.

For a fan, 'One By Two' is biggest disappointment of the new year.

I kept hoping, like an ardent fan, throughout the movie that maybe, now the pace would pick up but all I got was couple of Yawns- onscreen and off screen around me. What baffled me the most is that an actor like you, who has always chosen amazing scripts and roles in your career chose a script as 'pakaaoed' as this one to make your debut as a producer. Perhaps the idea of re-launching your girlfriend was high on the priority list.

For a fan, who has sighed and gone in a daze every time you have flashed that dimple of yours, 'One By Two' is biggest disappointment of this year. I struggled out of my bed to watch the first day first show of your film on a cold winter morning, so you owe me a good film soon if not the refund for the ticket of 'One By Two'.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/open-letter-to-abhay-deol-i-was-your-fan-and-you-just-broke-my-heart/449098-8-66.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hasini009 thumbnail
Sorry my fan, but I am Open to Formula Films: Abhay Deol๐Ÿ˜›
DianaPrince thumbnail
in every actors' filmography there should be a kala dhabba 
taki buri nazar na lage
Edited by LadyDabangg - 10 years ago
MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LadyDabangg

in every actors' filmography there should be a kala dhabba 

taki buri nazar na lage

so many kalay dhabay muon kala kara daytaiy hain๐Ÿ˜†
DianaPrince thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lighthearted

so many kalay dhabay muon kala kara daytaiy hain๐Ÿ˜†

yahan abhay deol ki baat ho rahi hai
uday or tushki khopra nahin๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Too many open letters.
Rather tweet him.
kimi484 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
the promos didnt leave any impact
nobody expected it to be a hit or pathbreaking content.
while the world swooned over Dhanush's charming smile in 'Raanjhanaa',

i didnt read anything else than this line
NoThanks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
The trailer was sooo bad.
Such a snoozefest.