Saachi's new definition of happiness.

vinee_vinee thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I have not watched the episode so don't know much what currently is going on except the WU but today the very old and my favourite topic is back on Saachi, I have few questions to ask? 
  1. Saachi wants to keep everyone happy. But is she really making them happy or it's also as per her convenience. I am asking this because Saachi wants to make aaji and naani happy,but their biggest happiness is in Saachi's marriage. Has she got married for them?
  2. Saachi wants to keep Prachi and Aadu happy, but was she right in making aadu a child and not letting him take any decisions. Also was she right in letting Prachi extravagantly spend in her wedding and ill treat her and grannys? She is so concerned to make her happy that not just once she uses harsh words to give that girl some sense. Is making somebody happy be so ghastly that she has turned selfish.
  3. Saachi wants to make a mother happy by sacrificing her love. She also wanted to make a son happy by not separating him from his family. Has she really made them happy? Or she just believed that what she did was sure to make them happy and the repercussion was not her responsibility. 
  4. She wants to make her dead father happy by running that farm, but the way she has sacrificed her life for the farm, her dead parents are really happy?
So Saachi has lived and sacrificed for so many relations to make them all happy but little does she realise that her actions have never been practical. She only lives in her make believe virtual world of principles and feels always that her actions are right...but if I judge from the facts stated above, her actions have invariably brought unhappiness to her own people. 

I don't really know what makes everyone praise Saachi for keeping her promise to DV's mom and give no value whatsoever to her promise to DV. 
My biggest question ...is love so unimportant that keeping up promise of love holds no value in the scale of virtues. Only sacrificing for all random people is sainthood ?
Edited by vinee_vinee - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naneta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
m too hvnt watched the epi yet...but hv to watch it only fr Rus.

In general...I agree with the points u threw light on. Very valid n justified.
.shinchan. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
she is one egoistic woman who only thinks she is great n every decision tken by her is perfect
sabreen_06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
great post..agree with ur points
kat6k thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
me too .. haven't watched the episodes and don;t intend to either. Have lost interest in this relationship .. its terribly one sided.  I just come to the forum to catch up and find that nothing much has changed:-) 
In all my posts, while I was still watching JLZ, i have found Saachi's behavior unacceptable .. her focus on her family and trying to please everyone is nauseating. I agree she had a tough childhood, had to grow up rather fast, has been the decision maker all her life etc etc .. but what I don't like is the weird unbalanced relationship where DV loves and needs Saachi so much and Saachi is like ..she couldn't care less whether he was there in her life or not. 

Anyway.. enough of ranting .. let me stop before I am not even allowed to visit here :-)
vinee_vinee thumbnail

Originally posted by: kat6k

me too .. haven't watched the episodes and don;t intend to either. Have lost interest in this relationship .. its terribly one sided.  I just come to the forum to catch up and find that nothing much has changed:-) 

In all my posts, while I was still watching JLZ, i have found Saachi's behavior unacceptable .. her focus on her family and trying to please everyone is nauseating. I agree she had a tough childhood, had to grow up rather fast, has been the decision maker all her life etc etc .. but what I don't like is the weird unbalanced relationship where DV loves and needs Saachi so much and Saachi is like ..she couldn't care less whether he was there in her life or not. 

Anyway.. enough of ranting .. let me stop before I am not even allowed to visit here :-)

Hey Kat...if I may suggest you...please watch today's episode. It was not at all bad. After this general post, I watched it today after a long time due to spoilers and dear it was very close to old JLZ which we all used to  love. DV was bombastic best and Saachi was showing all yearning for him through her expressions. It was the initial episodes strong DV today with his antics.
I am hopeful you will enjoy the episode.
vinee_vinee thumbnail

Originally posted by: naneta

m too hvnt watched the epi yet...but hv to watch it only fr Rus.

In general...I agree with the points u threw light on. Very valid n justified.

But you were so eager to watch it...why you and aadu have all of a sudden lost interest?

@ Adi...what has happened dear, you have not liked the episode?
Eksie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
@Vinee - I guess I'm one of the few here who is always riding against the tide... I tend to see the good things in everything that is in front of me. At times I'm successful.. at times, am not. 

From your perspective... you may have some valid points. But sorry, I kinda disagree. I don't expect everyone to understand Saachi... yet some of us try to explain her stand, coz somewhere deeps down we do understand. Guess not everyone can understand her... for that, you may either have to be somewhat like her... or maybe know someone who is close to what she is. 

My cousin was a lot like Saachi - she got married very late, simply coz she wanted to partially shoulder her single mother's responsibilities and earn a living, and educate her brother. Give him the best possible education. Today she is happily married... her brother is settled. Her mom is happy. 

Closer home... I'll talk about myself. In my 30's, single, working, and partially supporting my family. Like Aaji & Nani, my mom's biggest happiness lies in seeing me married and settled. But right now.. do I want to... especially if it means she would be alone? The answer is NO! My younger brother had to grow up overnight after my dad's sudden demise... he gave up on his dreams to support us. Do I want to help him continue supporting us... and on the side, push him towards his dream? The answer is YES! At this point of time... biggest question for me - Would I be happy living my dream life knowing my mom & brother are struggling? The answer is NO! 

If I look at the situation from my perspective... I don't find Saachi wrong. Kuch cheezon mein practicality nahin dekhte... especially when it comes to family and interpersonal relationships within your family. 

What astonishes me is... Saachi's selflessness is perceived as her selfishness. Oh well... guess it all boils down to each one's perspective. If someone like Saachi is selfish... so be it. I am selfish.. I do not think of my mom's happiness... all I want is that I be with her. 

vinee_vinee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Eksie

@Vinee - I guess I'm one of the few here who is always riding against the tide... I tend to see the good things in everything that is in front of me. At times I'm successful.. at times, am not. 

From your perspective... you may have some valid points. But sorry, I kinda disagree. I don't expect everyone to understand Saachi... yet some of us try to explain her stand, coz somewhere deeps down we do understand. Guess not everyone can understand her... for that, you may either have to be somewhat like her... or maybe know someone who is close to what she is. 

My cousin was a lot like Saachi - she got married very late, simply coz she wanted to partially shoulder her single mother's responsibilities and earn a living, and educate her brother. Give him the best possible education. Today she is happily married... her brother is settled. Her mom is happy. 

Closer home... I'll talk about myself. In my 30's, single, working, and partially supporting my family. Like Aaji & Nani, my mom's biggest happiness lies in seeing me married and settled. But right now.. do I want to... especially if it means she would be alone? The answer is NO! My younger brother had to grow up overnight after my dad's sudden demise... he gave up on his dreams to support us. Do I want to help him continue supporting us... and on the side, push him towards his dream? The answer is YES! At this point of time... biggest question for me - Would I be happy living my dream life knowing my mom & brother are struggling? The answer is NO! 

If I look at the situation from my perspective... I don't find Saachi wrong. Kuch cheezon mein practicality nahin dekhte... especially when it comes to family and interpersonal relationships within your family. 

What astonishes me is... Saachi's selflessness is perceived as her selfishness. Oh well... guess it all boils down to each one's perspective. If someone like Saachi is selfish... so be it. I am selfish.. I do not think of my mom's happiness... all I want is that I be with her. 

I really salute your honesty with which you have  clarified how to understand Saachi by quoting your own example. I agree with you that it's not easy for everyone to understand her as what it means to live and die for the needy family is something not everyone has experienced. Life is the biggest tutor and I agree to this practical lesson you gave.
Actually speaking, Saachi's goodness falls short of perfection only because of her coldness towards DV which takes away all praises. I had actually not written this post to bash Saachi as so much has been already discussed about her.
My point was exactly what you  perceived that why is Saachi like this and as you said that for a caring person like her who has seen her family breaking after her parents death, she took the responsibility to give them life. Now how can she take back that life which she has given them all of a sudden in the name of her happiness.
This is what I of understand also but everytime and for everyone...NO...
She has her reasons of accommodating DV's mothers pleadings but here DV ranks nowhere is a concern. She is a family person and this is the best about her but still she somewhere has to balance this new but equally important relationship also. Everyone needs to set priorities and her stand of promise to mom at the cost of DV's happiness and life is not practical.

But I am glad to be made to understand Saachi your way as I could relate with her somewhere through your example.

Eksie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: vinee_vinee

I really salute your honesty with which you have  clarified how to understand Saachi by quoting your own example. I agree with you that it's not easy for everyone to understand her as what it means to live and die for the needy family is something not everyone has experienced. Life is the biggest tutor and I agree to this practical lesson you gave.
Actually speaking, Saachi's goodness falls short of perfection only because of her coldness towards DV which takes away all praises. I had actually not written this post to bash Saachi as so much has been already discussed about her.
My point was exactly what you  perceived that why is Saachi like this and as you said that for a caring person like her who has seen her family breaking after her parents death, she took the responsibility to give them life. Now how can she take back that life which she has given them all of a sudden in the name of her happiness.
This is what I of understand also but everytime and for everyone...NO...
She has her reasons of accommodating DV's mothers pleadings but here DV ranks nowhere is a concern. She is a family person and this is the best about her but still she somewhere has to balance this new but equally important relationship also. Everyone needs to set priorities and her stand of promise to mom at the cost of DV's happiness and life is not practical.

But I am glad to be made to understand Saachi your way as I could relate with her somewhere through your example.

Thanks Vinee... am glad somewhere I was able to strike that chord. Rightly said... life is the biggest tutor.. while some learn their lessons early, for some, it takes time. 

@Bold - Put all of these points together... and you will find your answer, I guess. Like you said.. life is the biggest tutor - one needs to learn things along the way. THAT my dear... is the whole point of the show, according to me. Saachi... who has lived a certain way all her life... now, with a new relationship, she needs to UNLEARN everything and LEARN to live a new life. And DV is going to teach her just that... DV is going to teach her to JEE LE ZARA!! ðŸ˜³