Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nividances thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: saravathi

I luvd Rachna in this..n poor Vihaan,...he s nervous seeing Rabir.pls reveal the past soon

Thanks for your comment! I will try to fit in more of Vina's past in the next few chapters...haven't decided exactly how to tell it yet 
Colt.Pixy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: nividances

Thanks for your comment! I will try to fit in more of Vina's past in the next few chapters...haven't decided exactly how to tell it yet 

it s ok. go ahead with your intuition πŸ˜›
nividances thumbnail

Chapter 23

February 10, 2014. 5 pm. Agarwal House.

Rachna and Kabir follow Vihaan downstairs where they find Savitri waiting for them with tea and some snacks.

"Rachna beta, come. Kabir you also sit. I thought that you two would be hungry so I just arranged for some tea. First eat something and then you can go meet Rajiv. He will be so happy to see you Rachna. It will be a great surprise for him."

Rachna and Kabir sit down next to each other with Savitri and Vihaan sitting across from them. They all drink the tea in silence.

---------------------------------

[Rachna's thoughts]

This ring...where did Kabir get this ring? Why did he have it with him?

[Kabir's Thoughts]

Oh god, how am I going to explain this to Rachna? What am I going to tell her? She's definitely going to ask me about why I had this ring? What excuse can I give her?

Rachna and Kabir's thoughts were interrupted by Savitri.

--------------------------

"So Rachna, what are you up to these days? Rajiv told me that you were studying fashion designing at NYU? Are you still there?

"Uhhh no aunty. I'm back in Benaras now. I actually work with Kabir in his office."

Kabir interrupts Rachna. "You mean our office future Mrs. Tripathi."

Rachna glares at Kabir, while Savitri smiles. Vihaan just looks away uncomfortably.

---------------------------

Once they are done with their tea, Savitri leads Rachna and Kabir to Rajiv's room. They all walk in quietly and Rachna catches a glimpse of Rajiv.

He is lying down in bed with his eyes closed. He has lost all his hair, a side effect of the chemotherapy, and is looking very weak and pale. Rachna tears up looking at Rajiv's condition. She slowly walks up to bed, and gently sits down next to him.

She whispers as she lightly touches Rajiv's arm. "Bhaiyya..."

Rajiv opens his eyes and slowly turns his head towards Rachna. His face immediately lights up when he sees her. He slowly sits up in his bed with Rachna's help and hugs her tightly.

"Bhaiyya, all this happened and you didn't tell me? This is why you moved from NY to London?"

Rajiv smiles brightly at Rachna. "I didn't want you to worry Rachna. And yeah, this is why I moved back to London...for treatment."

Rachna hugs Rajiv again. "Nothing will happen to you bhaiyya. I promise, you'll be fine."

Savitri tears up seeing Rachna and Rajiv together so she excuses herself and walks out of the room, leaving only Rachna, Rajiv, and Kabir in the room.

Rajiv notices Kabir standing near the bed. "Rachna, who is this?"

Rachna wipes away her tears. "Uhhh, bhaiyya this is Kabir. Kabir Tripathi, he's uhhh, he's my uhhh fiance."

Rajiv is surprised to hear this. But he is genuinely happy for Rachna and is glad to see that she has moved on. He shakes hands with Kabir.

"Hi Kabir. Nice to meet you. Thank you for bringing Rachna here to meet me."

"It's not a problem Rajiv. I know how much Rachna loves you so how could I keep her away from you when you need her the most."

After chatting with Rajiv for a few hours, Rachna notices that Rajiv is getting tired.

"Bhaiyya, you're getting tired right? You please rest now, me and Kabir will come back later."

Rajiv nods and waves good bye to Rachna and Kabir as they exit the room.

-------------------------

Rachna and Kabir walk into their room and Rachna starts questioning Kabir angrily.

"Kabir!! What was all that? What is this ring? Why do you have an engagement ring? And out these in front of aunty, what was that? I know I asked you to play along, but you..."

Kabir expected this response from Rachna so he patiently listens to her as she vents out her anger. Once she stops talking, he calmly responds to her.

"Are you done? Now should I talk?"

Rachna angrily glares at him, 😑😑waiting for his answers.

"Rachna, this is my mom's ring. It's her wedding ring and it's the only thing I have of hers. I always keep it with me as a symbol of her love and blessings. I was coming out of the bathroom when I heard Vihaan ask you about an engagement ring and you were getting nervous to answer him back. So I suddenly remembered that I had my mom's ring and I thought I would act like you forgot it in the bathroom so Vihaan wouldn't bother you. After all, you only had insisted that I act like your fiance so why are you having problems with it now?"

Rachna looks down embarrassed.😳😳 "Oh, I'm sorry Kabir. I guess I should be thanking you for playing along and instead I'm accusing you and yelling at you. I guess I was just surprised when you gave me the ring and I didn't know what to think so I just...I just assumed something stupid about you. But I'm sorry for hurting you Kabir...I know that you're only doing all this because I asked you to. I'm sorry."

Kabir puts his arms around Rachna to make her feel better. "It's okay Rachna. Anyways, are you ok? I know you got really upset after seeing Rajiv in that condition."

Rachna feels like crying but she holds herself together. "Hmmm, I'm, I'm okay...I just...it's really tough for me to see bhaiyya like this."

"I know it's tough Rachna. But everything will be ok, trust me."

Rachna whispers. "I don't know why, but when you say that everything will be okay, I believe you. I really do trust you Kabir...I really do trust you."

-------------------------

10 pm. Agarwal House, Guest Room.

Rachna and Kabir have eaten dinner and are back inside the room, getting ready to go to sleep. Kabir tells Rachna to sleep on the bed while he takes his pillow with the blanket and lies down on the couch. Rachna does not argue with him as she herself is very tired. Rachna falls asleep immediately, but Kabir remains awake, innocently and lovingly staring at Rachna as she peacefully sleeps.

[Kabir's Thoughts]

Thank god I came up with that story to tell Rachna, otherwise how else would I have explained it to her. I mean I didn't outright lie to her but just fudged the truth a little. The ring is mom's...it's just that the ring is not a symbol of just mom anymore, it's also a symbol of my love for Rachna. It's a reminder of the promise that I made to dadi: that I would give the ring to her future daughter-in-law. Well...I gave her the ring dadi, now I just have to find a way to tell her that I love her...

Imagine the song playing in the background as Kabir thinks about Rachna (Kabir's thoughts are in blue):

Saajna... Saajna...

Ek tujhko hi bas dekh kar

Bhooli mujhko hi meri nazar

Tujhko shayad nahi hai khabar

Tujhko jeete hain hum kis kadar

I just wonder when I will be able to tell you how much I love you. Don't you see the love I have for you in my eyes Rachna? Can you really not see how much I love you? Ever since I have moved back to Benaras, I can't even live one day without seeing you, without talking to you. Every moment with you is just magical...your one smile can brighten up my day, your one laugh can make everything seem okay. Ever since you have come into my life again, I've learned to live, I've learned to laugh, I've learned to love...

Jude jo tere khawab se

Toh toote hum neend se

Yeh kaisa tera ishq hai

Saajna...

Tu haathon mein toh hai mere

Hai kyun nahi laqeeron mein

Yeh kaisa tera ishq hai

Saajna...

You're so close to me Rachna but still so far away. When will you realize that I love you so much?

While thinking about all these things, Kabir also falls into a deep sleep.

Precap: Rachna secretly watches Kabir while he is sleeping.

How was this chapter? Sorry if it's a little boring. Let me know your thoughts of what you would like to see more of. 😊

Edited by nividances - 9 years ago
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Nivi It Was lovely.
Update Soon.
sizzlingtrisha thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Great update hope their engagement game come true 😳 it is lovely loving kabir so much in this update soon 😊
saravathi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice one...Hope Rachna will fall for Kabir soon
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: SilverBell

Nivi It Was lovely.
Update Soon.

Thanks so much for commenting! Glad you liked the update πŸ˜Š
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: sizzlingtrisha

Great update hope their engagement game come true 😳 it is lovely loving kabir so much in this update soon 😊

Thanks Trisha! Glad you liked it! πŸ˜Š
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: saravathi

nice one...Hope Rachna will fall for Kabir soon

Thanks dear! Stay tuned for the next few chapters and you'll be pleasantly surprised πŸ˜Š
nividances thumbnail

Thanks Zene! Glad you liked it! πŸ˜Š