Artcle:How jealous is industry (Delnnazz)

maneet.n.shanak thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
How jealous is our TV industry?

Boil, ferment and yeast ! So what triggers jealousy amongst our telly actors? Gnawing insecurity, better pay packages, someone snatching away the much coveted lead role in a serial or are there a complex mix of factors which give rise to this green-eyes monster.
Well, looks like jealousy amongst our TV actors is a very common phenomenon. Prashant Golecha speaks to a few of our stars to figure out, how jealous they are and what are the possible reasons for it.

Smita Bansal

I always get along with my co-stars. Take the case of Twinkle Beauty Parlour, I had no problem with Narayani or Maninee. Jealousy does exist amongst actors but I try not to fall prey to the feeling. Also, I am sure the person who is jealous of me, won't come and tell me. I am not overtly ambitious. Rather, I am quite content with my life on the personal as well as the professional front. Above all, I am too busy with myself. The main cause of jealousy may be better scenes and roles in a particular show. Every actor has his or her own price, along with terms and conditions for taking up a project; so there is no point in bothering about what others are getting or doing.

Rajesh Kumar

Feeling jealous or envious is a part and parcel of life. I am sure it happens in all fields. As far as the TV industry goes there are various reasons to it. As an actor it does matter as to what kind of a character you are playing. Personally I feel, 'I am bigger than you attitude' hampers the performance as well as the atmosphere on the sets. Seniors often have the attitude that since we are senior we are better and tend to direct newcomers. This is not bad if the suggestions are taken in the right spirit but that doesn't happen.
I find in the comedy genre there is too much competition, since there is no concept of a hero in comedy shows. So, no matter how strong a role is one is referred to as a comedian. This obviously causes insecurity and breeds jealousy.

Sandeep Rajora

It is human to compare oneself with others but more so in case of actors. I don't believe in comparison and have my own yardstick of success. Some of the factors that breed jealousy are the kind of role, money, and PR equation with others including directors and producers. I think one has to compare oneself to the right person and not always look at someone who's doing very well.
I am not jealous of anyone and even if others are it doesn't matter to me. I do my work to the best of my ability and don't care about what others do. There are always two sides to a coin and I prefer looking at the positive side of life.

Delnnazz Paul

I haven't experienced jealousy personally. I am a different kind of a person. I get along with everyone and I don't have a competitive streak. I believe you will get eventually what you deserve. The only time I saw jealousy was during Naach Baliye and that was very human. Before and after Naach Baliye there was no jealousy everything was fine. I assume there are a lot of actresses who would like to be in my shoes since I did Kal Ho Na Ho. I think I am really blessed as I get positive vibes from everyone.

Moonmoon

Healthy competition always harbours jealousy. The actors should work towards the betterment of a project. The 'jealous streak' does exist in individuals and one can't do away with it. But one has to make sure that one doesn't harm anyone. Professionally, I don't get jealous of anyone but personally I do get affected when the person I am attached to gives extra attention to someone else. Factors causing jealousy could be a better role, money or looks but sometimes people are jealous for no rhyme or reason.