Kaise Mujhe Tum Milgayi Th 8 Ch 7 Pg 1 Jan 11

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gargpoo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
congrats suvi di..lets party🥳
Suvika. thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

A BIG BIG  to Aarti for her amazing creativity and Deepa for making my siggy despite the weather over there and crashed furnace of her house. Now.. awaits the readers response. Enjoy!! 

Chapter Seven

Ashutosh got up the next morning, the pale light of dawn filtering through the drapes. His hand automatically reached for his wife only to encounter an empty space. It had been almost 3 in the morning before they had fallen into an exhausted sleep. He frowned as he hastily pulled on his track pant. Where was she? Why didn't she wake him up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBpIDOSp8hg

Dekho qasam se dekho qasam se
Kahate hai tumse haan
Tum bhi jaloge haath maloge
Rutha ke hamse haan

Nidhi's chirpy voice reached him as soon as he neared the steps that would take him to the ground floor. A joyous grin replaced his frown as he followed the voice and entered the kitchen. Nidhi was facing the stove and busily stirring away something as she turned her body this way and that in rhythm to the song that she was singing.

Raat hai divaani Mast hai fizaae
Chaadani suhaani Sard hai havaae
Tum bhi akele ham bhi akele
Kehte hai tumse haan
Ruth ke hamse haan

Kahte hai tumse haan
Ruth ke hamse haan

He leaned against the entrance and crossed his arms as his eyes took in her attire. She was wearing his shirt. He tilted his head to get a closer look. Did she have anything other than the shirt? Her hair was left loose and tangled indicating that she didn't get bother brushing it. This was his wife at her most relaxed. Warmth spread through him. He could actually taste that smile that was now playing on her lips. It was a taste he'd dreamed about at night when he lay in their bed alone, aching with pain and regret.

Kyaa lagaai tumne Ye qasam qasam se
Lo theher gaye hum Kuchh kaho bhi hum se

Lo theher gaye hum Kuchh kaho bhi hum se
Banke na chaliye tanke na chaliye
Kahate hai tumse haan

Ruth ke hamse haan

Nidhi's eyes lit up and her grin widened as she heard his voice taking the song forward. She turned off the gas and whirled around to find her husband leaning against the door, eyebrow raised and arms folded. He straightened and strolled towards her. One arm wrapped itself around her waist to pull her closer and with an impulsive grin he twirled her around in the kitchen in an impromptu dance until she was more giggling than trying to sing.

Kehte hai tumse haan
Ruth ke humse haan

And there in the bright sunlit kitchen, with his Nidhi in his arms, raining down her love at him, determination filled Ashutosh's mind and heart. There was no question of her memory not returning. It was just a matter of time. But he was not going to let that fear rule him. He was not going to sit around doing nothing either. Honestly speaking he wanted her to remember everything. He would take this chance..or rather this grace period and show her his love. Win her and her heart all over again. Make her so strong and sure of him and his love that even when her memories come back, they wouldn't have the power to sway her or their relationship. Yes. He would do that.

Nidhi looked at her husband. Joy and contentment had almost given her wings to fly. One night and she was like this. No wonder he looked like a complete new person! All these days of tension, of holding himself back, of living in constant worry and fear about her..last night had removed everything. His face and eyes were clear and..she frowned. Now why did he have that stubborn look? What was he thinking about? She looped her arms around his neck and leaped to wrap both her legs around his waist like a monkey. He grinned and pecked her lips. She pulled his nose playfully.

"Don't look like that. I know what you are thinking." Her lips gently bit his. "You are planning to skip going to work and monkey around with me."

He bit her back and started climbing up the stairs with his precious bundle. "Who is the monkey here? You or me? And no, I was not thinking of skipping. Have a meeting that I can't miss. So.." He sat on the bed and rubbed his nose with hers. "I will go but come back home soon. We will sit and watch some movies..popcorn, pepsi..the works."

She pouted. "No. I want to go out. I am tired of sitting at home."

He thought for a few seconds. "OK. We will go out for a drive on the highway and have dinner at a dhaba."

She bounced in his lap. "Really? Yuppie!" He laughed and fell back on the bed with her in his arms.

Nidhi stopped licking her fingers and looked at Ashutosh. "Will you stop doing that?"

"What did I do?" He looked around at the brightly lit dhaba that they have come to for their dinner before his glance once again settled on her face. "I am just enjoying the view."

"You are staring at me. Log dekhenge toh kya sochenge?" Her eyes laughed.

"Yehi ki Ashutosh apne biwi ke pyaar mein paagal hogaya."

Her smile turned a little tremulous as her eyes misted. "I wish mom and papa had seen us like this. They would've been so happy na." She shook her head and got up. "I will wash my hands and come."

Nidhi took three steps when a small boy literally barrelled into her and hugged her legs tight. "NIDHI AUNTY!" He turned his head and waved rapidly. "DADDY! DADDY! LOOK! LOOK! NIDHI AUNTY!"

Nidhi's confused eyes looked up to see a guy running towards her followed by another woman. Her eyes widened in recognition. "Armaan!"

Ashutosh slid his arm around her waist tightly as if trying to weld her into himself. "Nidhi..Nidhi relax." But Nidhi didn't look at him.

Armaan came to a halt in front of them but his eyes never strayed from her. His entire face softened as he smiled. "Hi Nidhi."

"Uh..Hi! Ummm..how are you?" She looked at Prithvi again. The child obviously knew her and was looking at her expectantly whereas she didn't even know his name. Great to know that her marriage was not the only thing she has forgotten. How could she explain to this cute kid that she didn't remember him?

Armaan quickly assessed the situation. "Prithvi, Nidhi aunty ko saas lenedo beta. Daddy ke paas aajao." And he tried to pry the kid who has glued himself to Nidhi's capri.

Silently thanking Armaan, Nidhi bent and hugged Prithvi. "Hi Prithvi. How are you beta?"

Prithvi clung to her with a huge grin. "I am good aunty. I learnt all the words you taught me and now I can write them too. Daddy got me that giraffe I told you about and I am not scared of dark any more. Mamma tells me great stories every night." He turned to a short lady with curly hair dressed in jeans and kurta. "MAMMA! Look! Nidhi Aunty!" He was completely oblivious to the tension surrounding all the four adults.

Prithvi's mamma was the first to recover. "Hi Nidhi. I am Anji, Armaan's wife. Hello Mr Mathur!" Ashutosh nodded as fresh onslaught of guilt assailed him. He could barely meet Anji's eyes. If only he had gotten his facts straight all those months ago! Now everything in him was twitching to pull Nidhi away and hide her somewhere. Close her eyes, whisk her away..do something.

Nidhi tried to smile. "Hi. Ummm..I..uh.."

Armaan squeezed her arm gently. "Don't worry. We know."

Nidhi's breath whooshed out and she gave a wry laugh. "Pune's new weirdo!"

"You are not a weirdo!" Both men gritted out at the same time.

Ashutosh felt the cold dampness of Nidhi's palm and he tightened his grip in a gesture of support. "Nidhi, shall we go?"

Nidhi looked at the crest fallen expression of Prithvi. She took a deep breath and shook her head. "No. I am fine."

Anji gestured towards the side of the dhaba. "Handwash is that way. Come, even I need fresh up myself. Prithvi, stay with daddy OK? Aunty and I will be back in a minute." Both women left leaving behind an atmosphere that fairly crackled. Even Prithvi noticed and silently went to sit in one of the chairs.

"In the whole of Pune, you had to come to this one place on this very day!" It was all Ashutosh could do to stay still and not run after Nidhi.

"You should have given out an ad in the papers about your plans. I would've known then."

"I didn't realize I had to take prior permission from you to take my wife out."

"I didn't realize I had to take your permission before coming out with my family."

"Nidhi doesn't know. She still doesn't remember."

"So you are on borrowed time."

"We both are!" Ashutosh fairly snarled. "You think she is going to let you go scot free?"

Anji gave a friendly smile. "Nidhi, don't look so worried. It's ok. I am a doctor myself. I know how these things happen."

"You are a doctor?"

"Ophthalmologist. Armaan told me what happened. I know it's confusing and frustrating to be in this situation but as a doctor, I am telling you. Relax. It's just a matter of time. You will remember everything soon. Don't worry."

Nidhi nodded and tried to divert the topic from herself. "So, Armaan went and married a doctor!" Her grin widened. "Wow! OK. How long have you guys been married?"

"Almost three years now." Nidhi frowned. But Prithvi looked over three to her. As if discerning her thoughts, Anji continued. "I can't have children so we adopted Prithvi after his mother passed away."

Nidhi smiled and nodded. "May be we should go. College days mein Ashutosh and Armaan were always at each other's throats."

"Now they are in the same line of business."

Nidhi's eyes widened in wonder. "Really? Ashutosh didn't tell me that. No wonder Prithvi knows me so well. God! I wish I could remember. Never thought I would see Ashutosh and Armaan become friends."

"Uh..well.."

Nidhi laughed. "Friends too strong a word?" Anji nodded a little awkwardly. A distant thunder rumbled in the sky followed by a flash of lightening. "Lagta hain barish honewali hain. I love rain."

"So do I!"

"Really?" Both of them grinned and gave a high five. "Chalo lets have some fun then." Anji hesitated but Nidhi pulled her along. "Oh come on. Please. I have been totally house bound for so long. And I don't know what I did before that. Please Dr Anji."

Anji grinned. "You never called me Dr Anji before. We were just Anji and Nidhi to each other."

"Oh great! At least we were friends then. Come on now. See, it has started to drizzle already."

"Uncle, aap Nidhi aunty ke husband ho?"

Ashutosh looked into those innocent eyes felt himself melting a little. No wonder Nidhi got attached to this kid. Who wouldn't! He patted the boy's cheek. "Yes beta."

"Thank you, uncle." He quickly kissed Ashutosh's cheek. "You brought her here so that I could meet her, didn't you? I was missing aunty sooo much." He stretched his arms as wide as he could. "I don't like the new teacher in the school. Not like Nidhi aunty. When will she come to the school again?"

"I don't know beta. First she has to get her strength back na."

"Give her fruits and lots of juice uncle. She will become strong like me. Daddy says I would one day become as strong as him."

Ashutosh raised his eyebrow. "Achcha? But I am stronger than your dad. Always won over your dad in arm wrestling during the college days."

"Daddy?" Prithvi looked disappointed and angry.

"Kuch nahi beta. Uncle ko mazaak karne ki purani aadat hain. And he has become old na so has the facts confused."

"Oh really? Let's have a rematch then and see how old I have become."

Prithvi clapped and jumped down from his chair. "Daddy! You will win I am sure! Mein hoon na aapke saath!"

Both men glared at the each other as they rolled up their sleeves. "Your son is going to be oh so disappointed!"

"Or you will go home with a broken wrist. I am betting the latter."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtFsYO8sGfM

Naa re naa re, naa re naa re
Naan naan re naa re, naa re
Naan re naan re, naan re naan re

Barso re megha megha Barso re megha megha Barso re megha barso

Barso re megha megha Barso re megha megha Barso re megha barso

They were oblivious to the rain until they heard the voices of their women. Re-match was forgotten as they toppled their chairs in haste to get up.

Meetha hai kosa hai barish ka bosa hai
Posa hai kosa hai barish ka bosa hai

Jal jal jal jal jal thal Chal chal chal chal bheta chal

Nana re nana re nana re na na re
Nana re nana re nana re na na re 

"Good God! What has gotten into them all of a sudden! Did Nidhi get drunk?"

"Shut up Armaan! She was fine until your wife went with her."

Prithvi clapped and pulled Ashutosh's and Armaan's hands. "You don't know? Aunty and Mamma both love rain. I love it too. Chalo na daddy. Uncle, aap bhi. Mazaa aayega!"

Gile gile gile gile haaan
Haaa haaa haaan
Haaa haaa haaan
Gile gile maati Gile maati ke
Chal gharonde banyange re

Nidhi ran to Ashutosh and Anji dragged Armaan into the rain. Ashutosh and Armaan stood in the middle getting drenched and fighting their own private demons as their partners danced and twirled and whirled around them with Prithvi happily joining his mom and aunty.

Hari bhai ambari
Ambri ki daali
Milke jhule jhulayenge re haan

Dhan bhaiju Ghanje Haal jothe Sabne
Baaailo ki ghanti baaji
Aur taale lage bharne

Ashutosh, conscious of the gaping audience at the dhaba, tried to subtly steer Nidhi towards the exit only to have her stomp her foot and run back to her dance partner.

Re Taair ke chali mein to paar chali
Re Taair ke chali mein to paar chali
Paaar wale par le ke mein to paar chale

With a resigned sigh and a small smile playing over his lips, he pulled her into his arms and started dancing around the open area. Soon, Armaan and Anji joined which had the whole audience laughing and clapping.

Nana Re Nana Re Nana Re Na Na Re
Nana Re Nana Re Nana Re Na Na Re...

Ashutosh opened the newspaper and cursed. "What the ****!" There in local news section was a bold headline:

"God **** it!" Ashutosh banged his fist on the dining table. His early morning coffee and Nidhi's milk that he had come down to take were forgotten as he crumbled the paper before tearing it into pieces. What if Nidhi had come down instead of him and picked up this newspaper? What would that kind of a shock do to her still fragile emotional state? He squeezed his eyes shut tightly as all the worst case scenarios flashed before him. And if this news had acted as the trigger? All his plans about winning back her trust and making his love strong would never have seen the light of the day. The ringing of his phone jarred him from his thoughts. One look at the caller id had him swearing again.

"What?"

"Did she read?" Armaan's voice was equally tense.

"No. She is still sleeping."

"And?"

"And what?" Ashutosh forced himself not to shout the question.

"Apparently Nidhi made some plans with Anji to go shopping today."

"I will tell her to cancel. I will take care of it."

"How?"

"None of your business. I said I will handle it."

"I don't want to see her hurt."

"You think I do?" Ashutosh disconnected the call and threw the phone aside. 

Edited by Suvika. - 10 years ago
Diksha_1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Congrats for new thread  🥳
rayafan17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail
me on first page
Suvi congrats 
Edited by deepa17 - 10 years ago
rayafan17 thumbnail

rayafan17 thumbnail
Suvi.. Chapter was fantabulous .. You know we discussed on the topic and I wanted the other one.. But this has shaped up truly amazing..
Cannot wait to know what happened between Ashni and how and when Nidhi's memory will trigger 

rayafan17 thumbnail
Chothi edit to say on second page..

How r u ? missed the fun today.. i am off
suku_07 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Me last...congo Suvi ji...

Edited by suku_07 - 10 years ago
pansy123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Congratulations! Thread 8.So when are we getting the update?