Week One - Hits and Misses - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago
Nice analysis! I agree with most of your points except the violence one. I am actually liking all the action. πŸ˜†

savvy05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I smile every time I see an interesting username on IF and yours definitely  falls in that categoryπŸ˜ƒ

Very balanced week in summary πŸ‘πŸΌ and I was nodding my head in agreement with most of your points. Ashish I read, is from that State and has blended in very well with the role, it is going to take time for Sanaya to merge in the same way. The disparity is more when her dialogues span more than a line or two. On the other hand she has modulated her voice to speak at a lower decibel level and that is different when compared to her previous hit avatar.

I would like to add kudos to the supporting cast  ably spear headed by the Thakur and Thakurain. It is very important that the supporting cast is weaved in well into the story so that it never bogs down totally relying on the existence of the lead pair in every frame.  I have not watched any shows of NF but  it is impossible to ignore the surrounding chatter regarding the PH.  I think Vistaa summed up best in her post on the opening episode, so far so good the show has  "..
my interest and attention is theirs to lose." Edited by savvy05 - 10 years ago
SoreThumb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SS88

Wonderful post!I agree on almost all points except one or two. I dont mind the violence. It makes it seem more realistic. Because the story deals with the army and a village whose anndaats deals in arms. Besides almost all the good movies I have seen on Rajasthan have some violence. As for Sanaya, her accent needs a little improvement but otherwise she is quite relatable to me at least. The only Rajasthani girls I know are from Jaipur and they speak normal Hindi. As for Parvati , I think they have a surprise planned for us. Right now Paro is a girl who wad brought up with love which has helped her deal with her grief to some extent. Although she still has nightmares and a fear of fire She's mature and a little reserved with people but is playful with her close friend. And she dreams of being happily married. Sounds like any average girl of 18/20 growing up in small town India. What they do further with her character remains to be seen. But I think we shouldnt expect a fiery tigress anytime soon. That will take time. She's too shy and innocent for that.

I dont expect her to be fiesty right now.
it wouldnt gel with the character
just that I hope there is a transformation slowly over the time and Parvati does stand on her own rather than only being a part of the couple
As of now Rudra seems to be the better developed character and I hope Parvati is developed too eventually 😊

@Violence: I know it is realistic and I personally dont mind seeing such movies either. but there is something abt the heavy impetus and seeing it daily πŸ˜• .
I dont hate it but wouldnt mind it being toned down a bit, especially the exaggerations

Edited by NalayakShaitaan - 10 years ago
SoreThumb thumbnail

Originally posted by: kashi11

Nice review. Agree withyour points.

Ashish is a good find and fits the role well. Once they move away from outdoor shooting the violence will come down I expect.

Sanaya needs to work on her accent; she has admitted that she had problems with the language sohopefully she will work on it.

As for the costume, my understanding is that inrural Rajasthan/border, costumes are specific to castes,so much so that if you can see a group of women walking it should be possible to identify which castes they belong to. Since the story specifically said Birpur has mostly people of one caste,I felt they could have dressed all young women similarly - the shorter lehenga or narrow dupattacould have been used for all.

Hope you continue with your reviews.

the shorter lehenga as a poster pointed out is the norm in Rajashthan, so thats allright I guess
as for the difference in dressing, I agree
Maybe they wanted Paro to be different as she is the lead but it would have been better if they dressed everyone the same and Paro would have stood out for the character she is and not coz of different clothes 😊
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I agree with a few point here but not only Sanaya even Tarun aka Thakur Tejawat seems to be having problem with the accent as well both of them needs to improve. Sanaya as Paro is doing a wonderful job her acting is great. She never disappoint in terms of body language & Expressions.

Ashish is doing great as Rudra I like the violence & action to be honest so that one I have to disagree on it.

Rudra & Paro chemistry is looking good so far and so is the show. Story is very griping, The location & setting is Beautiful.

The Cinematography is one of the most amazing thing about the show.
SoreThumb thumbnail

Originally posted by: Newbiesoapfan

Excellent analysis!!!!!

Early days yet for San... Lets wait and see!!!!

thank you
and yes early days yet
Hope she is able to overcome this challenege too
SoreThumb thumbnail

Originally posted by: MissCoco

Nice analysis! I agree with most of your points except the violence one. I am actually liking all the action.πŸ˜†

thank you

well till there are people liking it, its job (?) well done πŸ˜†

edit: I wouldnt mind it being toned down at all and if not that atleast they could make it slicker Edited by NalayakShaitaan - 10 years ago
peachpie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
A very balanced review of the show. Present is really good but future of the show is unpredictable so lets hope for the best!

Originally posted by: NalayakShaitaan

thank you

well till there are people liking it, its job (?) well done πŸ˜†

edit: I wouldnt mind it being toned down at all and if not that atleast they could make it slicker

You're welcome. πŸ˜Š
I think it will be toned down when they move from outdoor to indoor shoots. Then I will probably miss the desert and oasis. 
SoreThumb thumbnail

Originally posted by: savvy05

<font color="#006600" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">I smile every time I see an interesting username on IF and yours definitely falls in that categoryπŸ˜ƒ

Very balanced week in summary πŸ‘πŸΌ and I was nodding my head in agreement with most of your points. Ashish I read, is from that State and has blended in very well with the role, it is going to take time for Sanaya to merge in the same way. The disparity is more when her dialogues span more than a line or two. On the other hand she has modulated her voice to speak at a lower decibel level and that is different when compared to her previous hit avatar.

I would like to add kudos to the supporting cast ably spear headed by the Thakur and Thakurain. It is very important that the supporting cast is weaved in well into the story so that it never bogs down totally relying on the existence of the lead pair in every frame. I have not watched any shows of NF but it is impossible to ignore the surrounding chatter regarding the PH. I think Vistaa summed up best in her post on the opening episode, so far so good the show has "..</font><font color="#006699" size="2" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"> my interest and attention is theirs to lose."</font>

I didnt know Ashish was from Rajasthan. No wonder he fits in so well.
Hope Sanaya works on that front and fits in soon especially given thats she has more dialogues than Ashish.
@Voice: true. Its different than previous shows

The supporting cast is good and like you said, hope they are utilised well. That is where most shows on this genre flounder by focussing only on the lead pair which is never good in the long run

@blue: very well said by Vistaa

As for the interetsing username, well the credit goes to my IF buddies for calling me names πŸ˜†