Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

style14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks for all the CAPs Jago and all the updates/pics Ashfaque...
ashfaque2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
What went Wrong in Nach Baliye 6 and What went Right in Nach Baliye 6

Let me start by saying: We, the People/the Junta, especially the Youth (generally speaking) of today, are free-thinkers and more of leaders than followers - see what happened with the rise of Arvind Kejriwal and the Aam Aadmi Party! The youth (generally speaking) left behind the thoughts and feelings of their parents' and grandparents' generations and decided to break away respectfully from the status quo and say, No, we are not going to vote for Congress and BJP just because my parents and grandparents did, we are no longer going to be dictated to as to whom we should support and vote for, we are going to do our own research and we will decide and vote for whom we want and think is the best candidate and the best party! Thus, because of the junta and especially the youth, the Aam Aadmi Party, a Political Star so to speak, was Born!! As a mother of 3 children of similar age who are also free-thinkers and from whom I have learned a lot and who awe-inspire me every day, I say to the youth: I salute you - Take a bow!!

I know there is a lot of chatter out there since the winner was announced and believe me it is not necessary for one contestant to feel the need to justify why he decided to come on the show or whom he called to ask and what that other participant said ahead of the start of the show because that is rather naive and pure of heart to believe that the participant in question or any other participant for that matter would say anything other than yes, you should participate!!! Also, just because that participant said yes, you should participate does not mean he had a hand in the winner winning - to be clear that participant only had a hand in the winner deciding to participate in the show, that's all - end of story!

First, let me begin with what went right - in the Grand Finale, the integrity of the voting for the winner was in tact given that it was solely based on the public's choice and their votes and the couple that won, Rithvik and Asha, were in No. 1 position consistently and so it's not rocket science to know who had the greatest chance of winning. Thank you StarPlus for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the voting for the winner of Nach Baliye 6.

In my opinion and that of the majority of the People/the Junta, Rithvik and Asha are as talented as they are popular and they can rest assured and hold their heads high knowing that we the audience and viewers, yes even as far away as North America, have watched them perform week after week and can say without a shadow of a doubt that they are indeed very talented and very popular, both elements which are essential to win a Reality Show because that is how these shows are set up by the mere fact that the audience is allowed to vote and they cannot be faulted for that - they are popular because they earned it and it was earned for all the right reasons and they are truly deserving of that popularity and being declared the Winner. It was certainly a well-deserved win and I repeat, they cannot be faulted for their popularity since that was the format of the show.

Having said that, What went wrong in Nach Baliye 6 and there were many things that went wrong and did not sit right with We, the People/the Junta!!! I will not go into all of them but just the ones that stick out in my mind primarily regarding the 2 couples for whom a rivalry was created on the show.

It started with Nach Baliye 6 initially promoting just one couple, Gurmeet and Debina week after week as if to say this is our chosen couple and you the audience/viewers deal with it. So we the people decided to deal with it right from the start and decided to shuffle the deck that was stacked in favour of one couple against the other 10 couples and find out for ourselves who deserved to be the winner and what an eye opener that was, at least for me.

Throughout Nach Baliye 6 when Judge Sajid Khan right from the very first performance of the Show and the very first performance of Gurmeet and Debina declared them the winner he got our backs up! Why, because he had not seen the performances of the other 10 couples yet, did not know what they had to offer and he was picking a favourite and declaring them the winner - in essence he was disrespecting the other 10 couples - this was an insult to their hard work and preparation and an insult to the intelligence of the audience and viewers! Very proud of the fact that Kiku apparently said aloud (which did not sit well with Debina as she herself mentioned in the Sach Baliye portion of the show) after one such pronouncement by Judge Sajid Khan with words to the effect that if Gurmeet and Debina were already the winners then what were the rest of the couples doing on the show? Take a bow Kiku!!

Then there was the farce of "Sach Baliye" in Nach Baliye - I was literally sick to my stomach watching this and what Judge Sajid Khan did to Rithvik in response to his answer was unbearable to watch and I, as a viewer, felt distressed and tormented - for me, I felt this Sach Baliye was created solely for this judge to ask this question because he was chomping at the bit at the thought that his "ghora" might lose because of the immense popularity of Rithvik and Asha but what this judge forgot is that this couple is also talented - yes both Rithvik and Asha did not start out on the same footing and I believe that Rithvik did not dance to his full potential and capability initially but as Asha bloomed in style and substance under his support, guidance and encouragement and with the tremendous support, guidance and encouragement of their extremely talented choreographers, Vaibhav and Bhawna, this couple was on par with Gurmeet and Debina. This sach baliye seemed to imply that if Rithvik and Asha won it would be solely because of their popularity but we the people/the junta saw their immense talent and were not buying any of what this judge was trying to sell to us repeatedly!

And when week after week, Judge Sajid Khan kept on repeating his mantra in favour of his "ghora" Gurmeet/Debina, always comparing Rithvik and Asha's performances to theirs and going to the extent of telling them that they were good but that Gurmeet and Debina were better and way ahead of them as dancers we thought Really? We the audience/viewers/junta for the most part felt Rithvik is a better dancer than Gurmeet and, Debina being a trained dancer was initially better than Asha but as the weeks went by, Asha grew stronger, had a lot more finesse, flow, ease of footwork with beautiful lines and she no longer appeared as an untrained dancer - so almost 1/4 of the way into the show starting and right to the end of it all, taking each couple as a whole entity, they were on par with each other right to the very end.

But that was not enough for Judge Sajid Khan - he did not stop there - every opportunity he got he cast aspersions, belittled, ridiculed and found some fault with the hard work and talent of Rithvik Dhanjani - giving marks and standing ovation only for Asha - we thought - hello, really? Does this judge even know what it means to dance as a couple - it's not rocket science to know that when a couple dance together both have to do their respective parts for the dance to be successful as a whole - the couple is only as strong as the weaker link but when an intricate dance is executed in such an exquisite way with such success in one take, it means that both links were very strong and deserving of credit and one who truly knows anything about dance and how a perfect act is executed will not say: I am only giving marks or a standing ovation for one dance partner and not the other (this really boggles my mind)!!! It would be an entirely different story to say this if the act did not go well with one partner not doing his or her part, made errors and the other partner carried the performance right through to the final step of the dance - but this did not happen in any way, shape or form!!! How can a judge not even realize how good of a dancer the male partner has to be in order for his female partner to be able to dance in a certain way and perform flawlessly. Did giving marks only for Asha also mean that Rithvik deserved a zero for his performance!!! This is what it sounded like to us. Give me a break!

Then there was the direct vote appeal to the public with words to the effect that if any other couple other than Gurmeet and Debina won for him, Judge Sajid Khan, they would only be the winners. At that point, my thinking was then why do you not just declare Gurmeet and Debina the winner, hand them the trophy, the prize money and the car and be done with it - what is the purpose of Nach Baliye 6 if you will not accept any other couple as the winner - that declaration just defeated the purpose of the show and was an insult to StarPlus and its own format for the show.

As an aside, Judge Sajid Khan's visible dislike and insulting comments regarding Raqesh and Ridhi's performances were unbearable too - he kept saying he was confused and could not understand what they were doing - Confused? Whose fault is that - the other judges did not appear confused at all - since he was the only judge who was so confused, he should have sorted out that confusion for himself by himself and judged them on the dance itself and not punish their performances for his confusion and lack of understanding!

Then came the semi-final round where in my opinion there should have been a clean slate with all 4 couples starting on the same footing with no favouritism of any kind but that was not to be - we the audience/viewers/junta were shocked that a video was being shown of the struggles of only Gurmeet - nothing wrong with that at all but it should have been shown in one of the previous weeks and not in the semi-final round - this was an epic fail and for many of us, me included, who sat their dumbfounded by what we were witnessing, felt absolutely no empathy or sympathy at all - for me that was a shock because things like this touch the core of my being deeply and I often reach for tissues.

In addition to that, in this the semi-final performance of Gurmeet and Debina there was a voice-over (over the music) of Judges Shilpa and Terence heaping praise on this couple while they were still performing - that took the cake! How on earth did this happen and how was something like this even allowed to happen???

Then came the final kicker in the semi-final round - even in this the last performance of Rithvik and Asha, Judge Sajid Khan could not find it in his heart to judge their performance solely on its own merit but decided to start his comments by mentioning his "ghora" Gurmeet/Debina and bringing them into the mix once again and talking about a rivalry between the 2 couples - I think he forgot he initiated this rivalry - he said words to the effect 'both of you are superb meaning both couples Gurmeet/Debina and Rithvik/Asha...but today for Asha he was giving a standing ovation' - I thought to myself not again!! Rithvik and Asha have worked hard (as have all the other couples) and couldn't he at least this once just judge them on their own performance with no comparisons. Correct me if I am wrong but I think even Parineeti Chopra and Siddharth Malhotra appeared to be on pins listening to what Judge Sajid Khan was saying in his comments as compared to their expressions and body language when Judges Shilpa and Terence were giving their comments.

Judge Sajid Khan saying in his comments to Rithvik and Asha after their Grand Finale performance that he loved them as much as he loved the other 3 and that if any one of the 4 couples won he would be happy rang hollow to my ears and for me it was a false statement because what he did after Rithvik and Asha were announced the winners spoke volumes - his actions spoke far louder than his words - the camera panned on him - he was removed from the winners and standing with Gurmeet and Debina (probably consoling/comforting them and soothing his hurt ego for backing the wrong "ghora") and from his demeanor and body language, he did not seem "happy" at all - he did the bare minimum of what he was required to do as a judge - nothing more and nothing less. I don't think he realizes that his face is very expressive and even when he did give a standing ovation or praise Rithvik and Asha during some of their performances his expression was not one of pride and joy but very forced - as if he had his back to the wall and had to do it but not because he wanted to do it - he just seemed very uncomfortable and ill at ease when it came to this couple, especially Rithvik and yet he gave Rithvik some of the most fabulous and well-deserved comments too. I think he got so entrenched in his stance in favour of Gurmeet and Debina and really dug himself in so deep reaching the bottom that he found it difficult to extricate himself and come out of that pit!

I am now going to say something that I have not mentioned yet in any of my comments or write-ups on Nach Baliye 6 so far - In my opinion, not knowing the man and based solely on my observation in this show, Judge Sajid Khan deep down inside has a good heart, is a good person and has a lot of sympathy and empathy for the less fortunate among us but he also has a mean and stubborn streak in him so that when he decides on something even if he is proven wrong he cannot accept it - he cannot accept being proven wrong or accepting defeat - he remains adamant and inflexible so we got to see this negative side overshadow his positive side repeatedly during the entire show and even at the Grand Finale.

To be fair to Gurmeet and Debina many of there performances were very good but Judge Sajid Khan's over-the-top support hurt them more than it helped them - their only fault was in that they basked in the warmth and comfort of his praises week after week, even when he kept putting Rithvik and Asha down (especially about their popularity) and building Gurmeet and Debina up, they blew him kisses and showed him expressions of thanks instead of staying out of the mix especially since both Gurmeet and Debina know first-hand that it was this same kind of popularity that enabled Gurmeet to win Jhalak 5 when other dancers, and Rithvik is one of them, were better than him whereas in Nach Baliye 6 both couples were on par with each other and this did not sit well with the audience/viewers/junta who watched both shows (by this I am not just talking about the fans but the TV viewers/junta for some of whom this is probably their best pastime and mode of entertainment) and who want to see a fair and authentic show with no partiality and favouritism towards only one couple from start to finish. I am not suggesting that if this overt partiality was not there towards Gurmeet and Debina, they would have won because that is clearly not the case - based on reliable information out there on the ground they just did not have the votes - the consistent difference of votes between Rithvik/Asha and Gurmeet/Debina was not even close during the entire show .

What is most rewarding is that the farce and travesty of Jhalak 5 did not succeed or was not allowed to succeed in Nach Baliye 6!

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER but it is only powerful if we do something with that knowledge - this time around we did not sit around helpless twiddling our thumbs with the knowledge of what was transpiring by saying "that's the way it is, there is nothing we can do when the winner appears to have already been chosen" - it was important to hold the judge/channel's feet to the fire so to speak - FOREWARNED was FOREARMED!

Most important of all, We, the People/the Junta worldwide did not want the channel or a judge to dictate to us whom we should vote for - let this be a lesson - the times they are a changing - there is a Wave, a Ripple, a Leher, if you will, sweeping across this beautiful country called India for the better not only in politics to get rid of bribery and corruption but it is going to have a far-reaching effect in every sector, yes even in the entertainment business - let's change the status quo - if not for ourselves, at least for our children - we owe it to them, the youth of today! Jai Hind!

Sometimes I wish I was not as intuitive as I am and able to read body language the way that I do (even from a distance) because then it would be easy to pull wool over my eyes but then I say no, I am glad I am the way I am and grateful to God for this gift and for also giving me the gift of writing straight from the heart, championing whatever is true, right and just with no malice intended. Edited by ashfaque2012 - 10 years ago
ashfaque2012 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ashfaque2012

ASHVIK Perform at NB Final

Part-1

Credit Azra

ashfaque2012 thumbnail

Part-2

Credit Azra

ashfaque2012 thumbnail

Part-3

Credit Azra

ashfaque2012 thumbnail

ASHVIK Final NB Perform with Group Act

Credit Azra

Part-4

ashfaque2012 thumbnail

ASHVIK Final NB Perform with Group Act

Credit Azra

Part-5 & Final😛

peachesnplums thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: peachesnplums

Ishaaa

I loved this part. Can they stop being so adorable omg pic.twitter.com/uIk182MUq1

Ishaaa

Our Rockstaaar pic.twitter.com/DE5EfEW6Yt

Ishaaa

awww he's like a little baby wiping his hands on ashu's clothes... they're already like an old married couple pic.twitter.com/s3TrRnoBHO

Ishaaa

Cake troubles for @AshaNegi7 ? Lol. pic.twitter.com/js9Ukdt12y

Asha Negi Fan Club @AshaNegi_Fans 41m

#AshVik open fans' gifts #Tellybytes #NachBaliyeWin RT @priyanka_ashvik gift seg pt1 http://youtu.be/Im99FD13rmg  pic.twitter.com/xamsm0I6Tv

--