Choose your guest stars

Arjun_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
One of the more distinct elements of the first season was the number of prominent guest stars featured. Some, like Ankur Vikal (Maman from Slumdog) went on to play major roles. With another season coming up, let's see whom we'd like most as guest stars

Irfan Khan- He's been typecast as a police officer, having got very few roles that are different. Or else, he may be an underworld hand. Not much scope outside of this for him in a show like 24- maybe he'd become an ATU agent.

Rahul Dev- Yet another cop actor. He's also a well-known, well-built model, but not much of an actor. There's scope for him as a more athletic, action-oriented role.

Rizwan Manji- The rather unfriendly second-in-command at Todd's call centre in Outsourced. The only hitch is that he's a Canadian, so holding the Indian accent and speaking enough Hindi will be tough for him. Maybe he will come in as a business leader

Kavi Raz- One of the most accomplished British/American actors of Indian origin. He's not too far from his roots, and having been one of the earliest South Asian actors to get a non-stereotypical (taximan/worker/grocery salesman) role (he played a doctor in St Elsewhere) in an American show, he's definitely worth a shot. He's also decent with Hindi, which is a huge plus. I can imagine him playing the role of a senior doctor/medic in this show. But is he too big for this show? Hang on, Anil Kapoor bought it, so he can hire KR for this.

Devika Parikh, Navi Rawat- Two American actresses of Indian origin from the first season of 24. But will they fit into Indian roles just as easily?

Karan Singh Grover: In a role not like what he's done so far, he can be, at best, a spy posing as an actor.

Devansh Doshi: This funny actor can be cast in a very quick, minimal role as either a bystander or a regular character's relative or friend.

Naseeruddin Shah: An honest journalist in a sleazy news media establishment, trying to fight crime and help the people, even as the media merely do hit jobs with ulterior motives.

Om Puri: A construction business leader, who has some connection with terrorists, but doesn't know about it. Maybe they're hiding in one of his construction sites?

Whom do you want to see? I'm not sure if we can expect characters played by VJs from music channels to live long- Rahul Khanna and Suchitra Pillai were VJs, and acted on 24. Neither of their characters survived.Edited by Arjun_M - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priyatnl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I m not keen on Indian Americans when we have great Indian actors
Durresyed thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Would like see Naveen Andrews as Interrogator. Done brilliant job in Lost. Just hope he can manage Hindi as well.
Arjun_M thumbnail

Originally posted by: amandaclarke

I m not keen on Indian Americans when we have great Indian actors

The Indian Americans from 24 will be a casting coup, and a big one. Keen fans of 24 will spot this.
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Would love to see Irfan Khan next season, but have to agree with amandaclarke above. 
We already have such great actors in India and plus they would grab more eyeballs than Indian-American actors at this point.
Personally I would love to see Naseeruddin Shah in a prominent guest role.

Arjun_M thumbnail
For regular cast members, they can stick to Indian actors, maybe fresh, young actors, but for these occasional/short/two-shot roles, you can pick a surprise choice with either a famous Indian actor or one of those Indian-American actors from the original 24, just to get people watching the show to point out, "Look, we know this one!".
Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Naseeruddin yes I want him.
Not Karan Singh Grover...no machoness please.
iceman7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Agree wid above.. No Karan Singh Grover... He & his ego not required to such a brilliant show.
yessehm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Since the next season is going to br shot in Dubai, I would like to see Mohammed Nazim (Ahem) .
Another good actor to see would be  vijay Raaz. He"s brilliant.

And what about Neil Bhoopalan. I just hope we see him in the next season. Loved him in Season 1

Totally agree that there's lots of talent in India, unless the script demands it, the cast should be from India.