Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-sanika- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: tys1994

It's the City Hunter. ๐Ÿ˜Š Also known as the sweeper. I think Lee Min Ho's drama was based on this, although the story is completely different ๐Ÿ˜›

Ahh...that's why I didn't read it
I cannot tolerate flirts
Either I find them funny or annoying
Both in fiction and in real life
The description of the manga didn't seem promising to me ๐Ÿ˜•
So I gave it a skip

tys1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -sanika-

I had a PS3. But I gifted it to my brother who finished his board exams.I did not have time the last year to play anything .But I am going to buy another PS3 today actually .i was thinking if I should buy a PS4. But with my schedule, I cannot play everyday .So I decided on a PS3 .Going to play Assasin's creed 4 and LA Noir ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.So happy !

As for perceptions about girls, I think it is very cultural. People expect you to behave in a certain way, you try to fit in the mold, you become the perception and the cycle continues. Another very common perception of women is they can't drive well. I can't drive as get sick in cars I have a license. but the smell of cars make me want to puke. I prefer public transport ๐Ÿฅฑ But I am pretty confident that without the sickness issue, I would be a decent driver. None of my friends in India drive, but all my friends abroad have been driving since they are 16. They are very competent drivers. The difference being, in their social circle, people do not make a huge fuss about women drivers as they do in India. If people simply stop differentiating between how girls and boys SHOULD behave, you will see a lot more difference in your social circle.

Enjoy the games and do let me know if they are any good๐Ÿ˜Š. I was gonna buy Assasin's Creed 4 as well but I hadn't played any of the series games before so I decided to buy the Heritage collection. I've heard LA Noire is one of the best PS3 games out there. I'm totally engrossed in Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim, at the moment. Simply one of the best games I've ever played

Yeah, it's definitely cultural perception. I had no idea that there was a myth about women and driving. Never before have I heard of a more absurd myth. I wonder how or when it started but it was most probably way back in the 1900's or something. I can say that this myth is wrong for a historical reason. The reason being, the very first driver to ever go on a long distance travel using an automobile was a woman! (onna,yeoseong). Her name was Bertha Benz, the wife of Karl Benz(the person whose patents gave us the internal combustion engine-ICE). Karl Benz later co founded Benz & Cie which later merged with another company to give us Mercedes-Benz. Bertha Benz not only financed her husband which enabled him to make the ICE, but also drove from Mannheim to Pforzheim(about 100 km) which advertised the product and made history. And she didn't even ask for her husband's permission ๐Ÿ˜†. It's weird how our culture and environment can warp our perception of the world that something even slightly out of the ordinary surprises us.

Sorry to bore you with the history on the matter, but I can get carried away sometimes๐Ÿ˜ณ.Enjoy the New Year !๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿฅณ
tys1994 thumbnail

Ahh...that's why I didn't read it
I cannot tolerate flirts
Either I find them funny or annoying
Both in fiction and in real life
The description of the manga didn't seem promising to me ๐Ÿ˜•
So I gave it a skip 

Ahaha, I find them funny and hopeless for some reason. Yeah I just read the mang for the action initially and then i just got used to this guy.
tys1994 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nawsin

How on earth could I forget that?
I loved that anime ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yes, it was an amazing anime that was occasionally funny and downright hilarious. LOL, the kinds of bread that they made in the anime were kinda unrealistic in real life.๐Ÿ˜† I've tried a few of them but it was impossible to make a green turtle shaped bread, or a thousand layered croisant. Cakes and cookies are much more easier to bake than bread, atleast I think so. I just instantly love any anime that inspires me to try something out in real life
-sanika- thumbnail

Enjoy the games and do let me know if they are any good๐Ÿ˜Š. I was gonna buy Assasin's Creed 4 as well but I hadn't played any of the series games before so I decided to buy the Heritage collection. I've heard LA Noire is one of the best PS3 games out there. I'm totally engrossed in Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim, at the moment. Simply one of the best games I've ever played 

I have played AC before. But my brother sold off the games before I could finish them ๐Ÿ˜ก
Need to buy them again 
I wanted to play Skyrim as I have been told a lot about it. 
Also most of my friends know that I love the genre Fantasy
They highly recommended it to me. 
Which character did you choose to play. If I correct, you have to choose one of four clans right ? 

Yeah, it's definitely cultural perception. I had no idea that there was a myth about women and driving. Never before have I heard of a more absurd myth. I wonder how or when it started but it was most probably way back in the 1900's or something. I can say that this myth is wrong for a historical reason. The reason being, the very first driver to ever go on a long distance travel using an automobile was a woman! (onna,yeoseong). Her name was Bertha Benz, the wife of Karl Benz(the person whose patents gave us the internal combustion engine-ICE). Karl Benz later co founded Benz & Cie which later merged with another company to give us Mercedes-Benz. Bertha Benz not only financed her husband which enabled him to make the ICE, but also drove from Mannheim to Pforzheim(about 100 km) which advertised the product and made history. And she didn't even ask for her husband's permission ๐Ÿ˜†. It's weird how our culture and environment can warp our perception of the world that something even slightly out of the ordinary surprises us.

Sorry to bore you with the history on the matter, but I can get carried away sometimes๐Ÿ˜ณ.Enjoy the New Year !๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

That is a cool bit of history. I am glad to know it :) 
I am not gender specific. 
It is simply that some people are cooler than the rest 

Talking about cars, have you heard of Tesla S ? I read a review online where one person drew the car from Texas to Canada without any glitches. I am soo excited about enviromentally friendly cars! 
tys1994 thumbnail

That is a cool bit of history. I am glad to know it :)
I am not gender specific.
It is simply that some people are cooler than the rest

Talking about cars, have you heard of Tesla S ? I read a review online where one person drew the car from Texas to Canada without any glitches. I am soo excited about enviromentally friendly cars!

Have I heard of Tesla S? I've driven Tesla S. Well atleast in Asphalt 8 on my mobile๐Ÿ˜†. I first heard of this car ages ago because I've been following the company by virtue of it's name. It's really cool if Electric cars take over in the future but then we'd need loads of electricity to power them as well. Hydroelectricity just won't suffice. Maybe Hydrogen Fuel Cells would work. Anyways, environment friendly cars are the next big business venture for those who see with more visionary eyes.
VidesiLaila thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
ah...I love dragon ball z , pokemon , death note and beyblad but my favourite would be Detective Conan . I believe it does fall in the shounen category ? ๐Ÿ˜Š
-sanika- thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Lovegood.

ah...I love dragon ball z , pokemon , death note and beyblad but my favourite would be Detective Conan . I believe it does fall in the shounen category ? ๐Ÿ˜Š

yup
they are ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
-sanika- thumbnail

Have I heard of Tesla S? I've driven Tesla S. Well atleast in Asphalt 8 on my mobile๐Ÿ˜†. I first heard of this car ages ago because I've been following the company by virtue of it's name. It's really cool if Electric cars take over in the future but then we'd need loads of electricity to power them as well. Hydroelectricity just won't suffice. Maybe Hydrogen Fuel Cells would work. Anyways, environment friendly cars are the next big business venture for those who see with more visionary eyes.

I totally agree !
I read of some recent experiments, where scientists had successfully converted algae to for fossil fuel like crude material. On the plus side, if we run out of fossil fuels, we can make our own. But the side effect of this will be people using this energy source indiscriminately causing an exponential rise in pollution.  Hopefully they can process it to make it more eco friendly. !

I read an article where they said that a village in germany runs purely on Solar energy. The excess energy produced is sold to the govt. creating an extra source of income for the people. This is such am awesome idea! It can solve so many problems in India, but I dunno if it will ever occur here .

tys1994 thumbnail

I totally agree !
I read of some recent experiments, where scientists had successfully converted algae to for fossil fuel like crude material. On the plus side, if we run out of fossil fuels, we can make our own. But the side effect of this will be people using this energy source indiscriminately causing an exponential rise in pollution. Hopefully they can process it to make it more eco friendly. !

I read an article where they said that a village in germany runs purely on Solar energy. The excess energy produced is sold to the govt. creating an extra source of income for the people. This is such am awesome idea! It can solve so many problems in India, but I dunno if it will ever occur here .

Right, the energy extracted from the algae is a marvellous idea. I think we'll need a lot more revolutionary technologies to sustain our energy requirements in the near future. But I think when something makes profit, people with money will supply it in excess and those resources will also be depleted. Solar energy seems to be our best bet if only we could capture it more efficiently.

I hadn't heard about the village in Germany but it definitely is a great idea for India. There are a lot of villages in India with ample sunlight and open spaces for Solar power plants like Solar towers,etc. Whether it will occur or not depends on regional politics and the efficiency of the technology. If big businessman are convinced that the profit outweighs the liabilities then it could occur. But then again nothing can be said firmly about stuff like this.

Energy tech is the only topic that I feel passionate about.๐Ÿ˜ณ It was good speaking to someone on this subject ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผespecially when everyone around be seems to ignore it completely. Happy New Year๐Ÿ˜Š