Chit Chat with Ayesha Kapoor aka Shital !!!

subhakmhl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

A chit chat :) http://www.tellyscoop.com/2013/12/i-am-so-thankful-to-all-my-fans-who.html?m=1 ...

Expand
  • Retweet
  • Favorite

'I am so thankful to all my fans who have given me so much love' Shital Shah

in Arjun Har yug Mein Aayega ek, Chit Chat - on 8:29 AM - 1 comment

She is a well known as The Lady Dabaang of  small screen. Her character of a super cop Ayesha Kapoor on Star plus Arjun Har yug Mein Aayega ek was appreciated by the mass. this week we got in touch with the one and only Shital Shah, who is also a multi talented person, to answer her fan's questions

Question: which was the most difficult scene in Arjun ?

Answer:  When I joined ARJUN, it was a very different grammar for me... as I am a spontaneous actress and depend a lot on my feelings and less on my lines when I act. But ARJUN was a very information oriented show, and initially I found it difficult to just deliver information with zero emotions attached. I found it too mechanical as there was no background or emotion attached to my character. That was tough. However, gradually I made my own back story for Ayesha Kapoor and figured out where she originated from and I added a few nuances which helped me to later portray her better.

Question: What is now planned after Arjun ? Have you been offered anything new ? What kind of role would you now like to play ?

Answer: Post ARJUN, I have nothing planned as far as TV is concerned. I am planning to take a month off - completely. I want to be with my family, I want to paint, and I want to rejuvenate. ARJUN has been a physically tough show. As far as TV goes, if I get offered something very interesting, I will certainly take it up next year. Also, I have 3 films that are nearing completion and I would look forward to their releases early next year. So keeping fingers crossed.

Question: What is your favorite episode and What was the best case?

Answer: Episode 38, where I entered ARJUN is by far my most favorite. I got to play interesting shades in that episode as a narcotics dealer, as an under cover cop AND some nice action sequences to my credit. I thought the graph would develop further, but unfortunately it went down. There was no continuation to Ayesha Kapoor's character. Then on it was disappointing barring few episodes like the Time bomb episode and the few occasions where I could play a sharp under cover.

Question: We loved Shital as Ayesha . You were an inspiration for girls . We wanted to know if you are similar to Ayesha in real life ? If not how is Shital in real life ?

Answer: Yes. There is a lot of Shital in Ayesha. Like Ayesha. I am fearless, honest and a hard core professional when it comes to my work. I take my work seriously. However, I am a multitasker and have more fun in life than what Ayesha was portrayed as. Had I been a cop in real life, I would have been very much like Ayesha, perhaps more overpowering when it came to work

Question: We know you are a dancer and a painter tell us more about your activities ?

Answer:  Well, I started to dance as soon as I started to walk, as my mother is a classical dancer and my guru. So it came very naturally to me. Painting, I and my sister have inherited from my grand ma who was a fabulous painter. So I guess I am blessed. At the same time, I have studied my MBA and handle the HR and Marketing at our organization ICECD (International Centre for Entrepreneurship & Career Development) (www.icecd.org) which I work on simultaneously while I am on my acting assignments. The intellectual stimulus is extremely important to me and I love my work. I also act on stage with Mr. Paresh Rawal - and I do a comedy play [email protected] which gives me a chance to interact with my live audiences. So life is good with so much variety

Question: What is your message to all your fans who loved you as Ayesha ?

Answer: I am so thankful to all my fans who have given me so much love as Ayesha... I would hope to connect with them yet again with a role which can push me beyond  my ability. Being connected to my fans has been a great experience. Their feedback and response means a lot to me

Question: Was it easy for you to do action scenes ? Did you have to learn Martial art for them?

Answer: Action sequences were fun for me. Though I was not pre-trained in action, it was easy for me to pick up as I am a dancer and that makes me very agile. I did take on the ground training while on set. And then I had great fight masters on team who helped me do my scenes with professional finesse.

Question:  Tell us about some of the memorable on and off screen moment on the set of Arjun ?

Answer: On screen I thoroughly enjoyed doing all my action sequences as well as my under cover sequences, as those gave me a chance to portray completely different characters. Be it Nadia, or be it a fisherwoman. I loved doing it all. Off screen, we as a team did have few fun time during Siddharth's social event, during Shaleen's birthday etc.  Most of our free time we spent on the sets waiting to be called for our shots. Fortunately we all got along with each other and had some cute fun times.

Question: What kind of roles would you like to do later ?

Answer:  I would love to do roles that have  varied layers. Like what Waheeda Rehman did in GUIDE or what Vidya Balan did in KAHAANI, or what Julia Robers did in Erin Borckovich. I do hope I get opportunities to do something on those lines.

Question: Who are your favorite actors and actresses ?

Answer:  I love Aamir Khan, Julia Robers, Rani Mukharjee, Madhuri Dixit, Amitabh Bachhan.

Question: An inspirational character for you ? and why ?

Answer:  There are many. Indira Gandhi, for her strength to fight against the odds, Amitabh Bachhan for the level of talent and kind of artist he is, my mother for being such a strong,grounded and honest individual. She is the strongest influence on me

Question: How would you describe all you co actors on the set ( in one word): Shaleen, Behzaad, Siddharth, Ketan, Rittu and Mrunal

Answer:    Shaleen  -  focused                                                             

Behzaad  -  fearless 

Siddharth  -  sweetheart

Ketan  -  HEman    

Ritu  -  earnest     

Mrunal  -  hungry (wink) 

Question: Whom were you close to on the set ?

Answer:     We started on a very professional note... which lasted for over 6 months!! We infact rarely laughed and joked amongst ourselves which was very weird for me as I am a talkative and fun person. But gradually things changed. We did somewhere warm up to each other... I got along with Ritu and we continue to be in touch.

Question: Behzaad and you made an awesome on-screen couple and viewers could only fell for Ayesha and Sameer. How was it to work with Sameer ?

Answer:    Behzaad was a delight to work with. A good and experienced actor, and was open to improvisations. He never took a single shot for granted, and I liked that. He was never insecure and that is a good quality of an actor - it show's an actor's faith in himself/herself. Our approach to work was quite similar, and I hoped for our track to develop, which unfortunately dint. I missed him after he left. Damn it. (sign)

Telly Scoop would like to thank actress Shital Shah for her support on this Chit Chat segment. and wish her success in all her future activities. and we hope to see Shital Shah back in action on small screen soon. 

(picture credit: Shital Shah )

Shital's Message to all her fans,

I am grateful for all the love showered on me.

Hope to come back to you all with more soon.. Cheers!

Sorry if shared already...

Edited by subhakmhl - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mimi2609 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
That was a lovely interview of herπŸ˜ƒ