Arjun OS: His life, without her-updated

princess_pari thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Hey everyone...
first joote ande onion tamatar kuch bhi matt maarna...
i have two updates to give and i am terribly late.
its just that my college has started and i am already buried under books. 
i am trying to take out some time to write the story but i am unable to. any day when i come home early i will be so tired that i just crash my bed.
BDW, i got my result of third semester and i scored 88.67%. happy yet not satisfied.
and now, swamped with labs, assignments and seminars.
pah!!! i guess i ll lose my mind soon.

well, coming to the point, i started writing next update for C4, but came out emotional stuff.
so penning it now. already 25% done.

to begin with a brief intro to plot.
as the title says, its about arjun's life after roshni's death, how he coped with his life without his love.
and no, sameer doesn't blame arjun for roshni's death.
arjun is lost somewhere in his thoughts.
what is in his mind, what his loved ones do and did to bring him back to life, i will try to explain.
i have tried something different with the story.

and when you read the update, you will find none in sequence.
i am narrating by clubbing past and present simultaneously. 
i will differentiate them with colour coding.

story will be up in some time. 
PM's after that.
this is one shot, and i may split it into two if i find it tooo long.
kay see ya all soon...
take care all...

love
pari (who is searching for all the nuts i lost)
Edited by princess_pari - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princess_pari thumbnail

colour code: present in normal font, past in italics, differentiated by different colours

Arjun groaned and lifted himself from the bed.

It was not new to him to wake in the wee hours of morning after sleep late at night. It had become his routine from the time roshni left him.

Or I rather say his life left him.

"Arjun, I can understand what you are feeling right now" commissioner Raghav Dubey said with sympathy plastered on his face.

Arjun stared at him blankly. His eyes were empty, no light in them.

He sat immobile on the white sheets of hospital bed, clad in pale blue gown, his arm, head and abdomen heavily bandaged that had already turned to red due to blood.

"I know Arjun how painful it is to lose your loved"

"But you need to forget roshni and move on"

"Can you forget to breath?" Arjun asked him and silently slipped below the covers.

It seemed as though emotions that deserted him.

Everyone sees sunrise in different ways. Some find it beautiful; some say soothing, some say it is irritation as they need to get up after the sunrise.

But Arjun saw the sunrise as punishment. He had to drag himself through the day without roshni.

He quietly slipped into his jogging suit and made his way out of the house.

"Its not acceptable sir" Raghu for the first time raised his voice against his senior, Commissioner Raghav Dubey.

"Have you seen him? He doesn't speak, he doesn't cry, he is not even sleeping without sedatives."

"But that doesn't mean we have to send to psychiatric care. He is..."

"I don't care for anything else Raghu. I am sending him"

"I am sorry. But as his mentor, I will deny this. I will take his care. And I don't need your permission for this SIR" with that Raghu was out of the cabin, leaving an astonished commissioner behind.

Roshni was dressed in simple white salwar kameez and red dupatta. She was looking angelic. He was so lost in her that he did not hear what she was telling.

"Arjun... Arjun dekho na baba... ye puppy kitna cute hai naa... Arjun... arre... kahan khoye hue ho?"

Arjun shook his head and grinned sheepishly.

He sat next to her and held the puppy in his hand which tried to jump on roshni.

"arre... kahan uchal raha hai. Roshni ko tang nai karna. Samjhe yaa.. samjhau?"

Roshni giggled at the scene in front of her.

"has kyun rahi ho roshni?"

"Arjun... ek tum hi ho jo iss chote se puppy ko bhi samjhe ya samjhau kar sakte ho... tum bhi naa"

Arjun jolted out of his reverie and saw himself shaking uncontrollably. His tore his gaze from the puppy on the road and tried to hold the glass with his trembling hand. It just slipped from his hand and fell on ground with clatter, breaking into pieces.

His legs could not support him any longer and he just fell on his knees and tears left his eyes.

"Sameer ko bulaliya tumne Raghu?" new commissioner of Mumbai, Dustin Coelho asked his best friend Raghu.

"Haan. I had called him days back Coelho. Wo aa raha hai. Shayad uske aane se Arjun ki haalat mein koi sudhaar aaye?!"

"hopefully Raghu. Mujhe Arjun ko aise dekha nahin jaata. He was so lively and energetic. Par ab he is no better than dead"

"sach Coelho. Maine kabhi ye nahin socha tha ki ek din aisa bhi aayega jab mujhe Arjun ko iss halat mein dekhna padega"

He just stared at the ceiling, lying there on the bed. He wanted to cry out loud, ask her to come back to him, but...

It was as if there was a deep valley between him and his mind, his emotions. His heart yearned for her, but his mind was numb. He could not bring himself to move out of that place. He wanted to kill himself. But how could he when his roshni had left him? she did not want him next to her in the other world. He had to live alone.

Sweat poured down his body as he completed his 5th lap in the park. It was her birthday today, Birthday of his love. She had celebrated her two birthday's with him. one before marriage and one after.

"Arjun mujhe ye gulaab ke phool bohut pasand hai. Par ye tumse kisne kaha?" a perplexed roshni asked Arjun who was grinning.

"roshni, agar mujhe ye pata nahin hoga ki birthday girl ko kya pasand hai, to main kaisa premi bana tum hi bolo?"

"KYA??? Kisne kaha ki aaj mera birthday hai aur ye premi????!" she was really very confused.

"roshni relax. Main ek police officer hun and I got all information aboutr you. Tumhare friends se, tumhare school se... aur... erm... roshni I ...i love you..."

"Arjun?!"

"haan roshni. I love you a lot... will you marry me?"

"Arjun... main..." she took a deep breath.."

"I love you too Arjun... aur shaadi ke liye... I am ready" she finished with a shy smile and crimson hue on her cheeks.

Arjun hugged her tightly and she too snaked her arms around him, resting her head on his chest.

"Arjun, kahan ho? Jaldi ghar aaja. I have already ordered breakfast." Sameer yelled over the phone, angry on his friend.

On the other end, Arjun sighed and kept his phone back in pocket and started towards his home, where there was no roshni.

It was roshni's birthday and as the past 3 years, he would try to avoid everyone. But sameer would be damned if he let his best friend to return to his shell.

"I promise roshni, I will not let him become what he was when he lost you. I promise" sameer stood in front of roshni's garlanded photo and spoke.

Arjun saw a lady in white with red bandhni dupatta. He could not control but reminded of HIS roshni. His uniform clad body was drenched in sweat.

His hand trembled, and his breath became short. Her laughter echoed in his ears. Her smiling face came in front of his eyes.

He sat on the bench and his eyes turned red due to pain. He felt his heart clawed by sharp object and he had a feeling that someone was continuously scratching his bruised, ripped open heart. Tears clouded his eyes but not even a single drop came out. His throat constricted and immediatedly he let out a scream, hoping that it would lessen his pain. He dialed sameer's number with trembling hands and waited till he picked.

"hello... Arjun... tu theek hai naa?"

"sa-sam-sameer... i...i m-miss-her... mujhe...mujhe us-uske p-pp-paas jaana hai.. *sob* pl-plea-please mujhe uske paas bh-bhej-do... please sameer" he cried out on the phone.

"arjun... Arjun tu kahan hai? Main aa raha hun.. tu ne dawai lit hi naa...arjun"

"mu-mujhe roshni ke paas ja-jaana hai"

Sameer's eyes snapped open when he heard the front door creak open. He saw his hand and found no phone in them, no Arjun crying out his anguish. He took a deep breath and prayed the almighty that Arjun should never go back to THAT phase of his life.

"sir..." sameer Rathod came running to the corridor where raghu and Coelho were present.

"sameer... thank god you came this soon"

"sir ye sab...kab?kaise? aur Arjun?"

"he a corpse now sameer. we cannot see him like that. Look there"

Sameer peeped through the door and saw Arjun staring at the wall ahead, caressing the bandage which had the tattered tattoo of roshni's name, his eyes unfocused.

"s-sir...ye..." sameer turned towards Raghu and asked, unable to see Arjun.

It was just two weeks ago he had left a happy and cheerful Arjun with his roshni and now... he had lost roshni who he had come to treat like a sister and also Arjun.

"ab sirf tum usse waapas laa sakte ho sameer. please do something. He has not shed even a tear from past one week. Doctor is worried about his condition. They sedate him to make him sleep."

Sameer just kept looking at Arjun who he was unable to recognize.

"kya hua sameer? itni jaldi aane ko kyun kaha tumne?" Arjun asked wiping his hair after his bath.

"bulata kyun nahin? Bhul gaya ki hum dono ETF officers hai? Office nahin jaani? 8 baj chuke hai arju...jaldi se breakfast kar phir hum niklenge.."

"hmm... chalo... meri chai order kiya tu ne?"

"yep" sameer said while laying out the food he had ordered on the table.

"by the way wo Khurana's ke case ka kya Karen?"

"karna kya hai sam? Tell commissioner sir that we are going to handle it. No need to handover to other department. Maine kal hi Shree ko call records nikaalne ko keh diya hai" Arjun bit into the sandwich.

"arre waah... ye tu ne accha kiya dekh. Arjun mujhe lagta hai ki wo Ritvik ka iss murder se kuch lena dena zaroor hai"

"mujhe bhi lagta hai. Tum chotu ko..."

"maine chotu ko already uske peeche laga diya hai..."

"chalo den... office ke liye nikle to phir?"

scroll down

princess_pari thumbnail

"this is 6th transfer order we are summoning for Arjun Raghu. I don't understand what is wrong with this boy" Coelho banged his fist on the table.

"Coelho shaant ho jao... give him some time"

"time?? He is ruining his career Raghu. Gussa dekha hai tumne kabhi uska? Wo apne haatho ek din sab barbaad kar lega"

"Coelho, please. Main jaanta hun par roshni ke saath jo hua uss haadse se ab tak wo poori tarah baahar nahin aaya hai."

"kab tak Raghu? Kab tak wo aise jiyega? Ab tak  poore dedh saal beet chukka hai uss haadse se. one and a half year aur tum keh rahe ho ki..."

"hum uss daur se  nahin guzre hai jis se arjun guzra hai. Give him some time"

"Arjun..." sameer sat next to arjun and kept a hand on his shoulder. Arjun did not even move a muscle. Sameer sighed and made Arjun look at him.

"Arjun main hun, sameer. tera sam... mujhse bhi baat nahin karega tu?"

Arjun lifted his eyes and saw sameer. what sameer saw shook him to core.

There was nothing in his eyes. They were blank. It was as if his mind had stopped and put a thick curtain between his eyes and mind.

"Arjun... please kuch to bol..."

Arjun remained silent. He wanted to speak, cry but he could not.

Sameer hugged him and Arjun let him. he did not reciprocate the hug.

"tu mujhe ek baar bhi nahin bata sakta tha ki ye sab kuch hua hai. Kyun arju? Jaante ho ki main kaisa feel kar raha tha jab mujhe Raghu sir ne kaha ki Roshni..."

Arjun fisted his palms and shut his eyes close.

"tu itna zakhmi hai Arjun..."

"I deserve it" Arjun said in very low voice.

"what?" sameer could not believe that Arjun said he deserved the pain.

"I must live alone"

Raghu and Coelho stood at the door and listed to Arjun and sameer. no one except Arjun knew what had transpired before roshni left the world taking along another soul.

"ye tu kya bol raha hai?"

Arjun remained silent. Sameer saw in arjun's eyes and felt some emotion flicker for a second before it went blank again.

"Arjun... tu akela nahin hai. Main hun, Raghu sir, Coelho sir sab hai tere saath."

He was replied by just his silence. Sameer helplessly turned towards his seniors who were looking at them with the same eyes.

Sameer took a deep breath and started speaking.

"main kal roshni ko bohut miss karunga Arjun.. bohut. Kal raksha bandhan hai naa? Dekh iss saal wo mujhe raakhi baandhne nahin aayegi. Meri kalai sooni rahegi iss baar" Arjun hugged sameer tightly.

"usne mujhse kaha tha ki wo bohut jald mujhe mama banayegi... tere bacche ko mere haath mein khelne degi, par..."

Arjun squeezed his eyes shut unable to face the dreams that he and roshni dreamt together, which would now never be fulfilled.

"ab mujhe chacha kaun bulayega? Bhai kaun kehke pukaarega Arjun?"

He stroked arjun's hair gently, with tears in his eyes.

"jaante ho arjun roshni ko hamesha tumhari chinta rehti thi. She wanted your happiness. Wo tumhe aise dekh ke khush nahin hogi Arjun...kabhi nahin"

Arjun pushed sameer off him and screamed on top of his voice.

"TUMHE BHAI BULAANE WAALI MERI WAJAH SE MAR GAYI SAMEER. SHE LEFT ME. WO AAJ MERI WAJAH SE ISS DUNIA MEIN NAHIN HAI. HAMARE SAARE SAPNE TUT GAYE USS DIN JAB USS RAKSHAS NE MERE SAAMNE MERI ROSHNI KO CHAAKU SE MAARA THA AND I WAS LYING ON THE GROUND TIED AND HELPLESS. I could not save her. sab meri wajah se. ye...ye...*sob* dekhraha-hai tu? Yahan maine uska tattoo banwaya tha. Usne usse berehmi se kaat diya. Roshni ke aankhon ke saamne. Main lachaar pada tha wahan. She cried sameer AUR MAIN. ARJUN RAWTE ZAMEEN PE PADA USS AADMI SE APNE PYAAR KI BHEEK MAANG RAHA THA. I AM A FAILURE. FAILURE DO YOU GET ME!!!!!!!!!!"

He was out of control and doctors had to sedate him to calm his nerves.

He clung to sameer and cried his heart. Something broke inside his heart, again, in such a way that it could never be put back.

"I am...a...failue...please...roshni...mujhe apne...saath..." and the medicines did their magic by putting him to sleep.

"Shree... ye hallucinating drug ke baare mein jo bhi information milsakta hai nikalo. Now. aur haan. Ritvik ke baare mein kuch pata chala?"

"Team, lets take a break. Sab khana khake aadhe ghante mein waapas aajao. Move" sameer ordered as he brought two cups of cutting chai with him.

"Arjun, chai"

"mujhe nahin peeni sameer."

"Arjun rawte don't make me hold your nose and empty the content in your throat. Just drink. Car mein sandwiches hai. You HAVE to eat it samjhe"

"sam..." Arjun got up annoyed. He wanted to be left alone, but...

"nahin Arjun. tujhe tere blood pressure ki meds leni hai. No compromise in that. Come on drink this first phir khana khane chalte hai"

Roshni was crying in pain shooing through her arms. Faceless person stood in front of them laughing at their plight. Arjun tried to free himself from the ropes tied around him but failed. Blood trickled down his temple and slit lips. He pulled at the ropes and groaned. They did not budge. The faceless monster said something and laughed. Words did not register. That person moved towards roshni in calculated steps. Something shined blinding arjun's vision. Knife. Arjun's eyes widened in terror. No he said in a whisper. He could clearly see terror in roshni's eyes.'no' he said again, trying to open the rope knot.

The knife was thrust into roshni's abdomen. Her face contorted in pain, her eyes calling him. He felt useless. A failure. He saw roshni's life seeping out of her with every breath and he heard an evil laugh.

"ROSHNIII!!!!!!!" Arjun shot up the hospital bed and looked around. he was drenched in sweat. He felt bile rising in his throat. He removed the wires connected to him and made his way towards the door stumbling with his weak body.

"She needs me. My roshni needs me. She cannot leave me... I know...she cant leave me. I love her. She loves me" me mumbled and opened the door. Hearing the door open samer stood and saw Arjun. he ran to him and held him only to be pushed. He could hear Arjun mumbling something but could not make out anything. He called the doctors who injected him to bring his BP low.

"Hello. Sameer Rathod? Dr. Madhur here."

"haan. Reports aagaye hai."

"nahin zyada kuch nahin but unka BP high hai. He need to control his temper."

"aur unke insomnia ka treatment should go on for some more time. He has improved a lot. Bas, unka BP shoot nahin honi chahiye"

"yeah sure ACP Rathod. Have a good day"

Madhur sighed as he kept the receiver.

Arjun rawte was a challenge for him. he had his own set of insecurities, pain in his heart. But the force which kept him alive was great. Madhur admired Arjun rawte, as he was a great man. He wanted to cure him. And he would do everything in his hand.

"Why do you keep doing this Arjun? 6th transfer?! Are you serious? Why?" sameer asked over phone when Arjun was packing his little bag for his next workplace.

"I can't live in a place for long sam..."

"But why arju?"

"She...she wont let me"

"Who?"

"Roshni..."

"Roshni?"

"Yes. i...i...can't breath...her memories haunt me... please don't ask me anything more"

"You are running away"

"I am. If I don't, I will die and I cant see you in pain, her memories don't let me live Sam. please do understand. Work pressure heavy load keeps my mind occupied, my mind do not get images of her last moments. Please... let me live this way..."

"Don't Arjun"

"Please sam...please... if I stay, I ll die"

"ARJUN"

Sun was also exhausted after giving light to everyone. He too was going to rest in the lap of night. But ACP Arjun Rawte had no where to go. Yes. He had his friend, his brother, sameer. But how could he become a burden on him? No... He had done a lot to him. He had soothed his ailing heart, sat by him during his nightmares, became his strength, brought the super cop in him back in action, made him stick to one place and one department, ETF. But at the end of the day, he was left alone with his lonely heart.

He lifted his head and saw a twinkling star. He closed his eyes and whispered

"happy birthday roshni..."

finally done.

i know its not good.

i can understand if you wanna avoid my work since i dont read many in the forum.

no worries.

accha laga then pleasse like and comment...

aapki

pari😳

aroojarain thumbnail
*unres*

me first... :-D
now coming to os...
very well written...
it was so awesome and emotional...
loved it..
I liked da way you potray feelings of Sam nd arjun nd da way u were explaining past with present..
I liked how Sam , com Coelho nd raghu Sie became his supporter and helped him..
nicely written..Edited by aroojarain - 10 years ago
zainabhassan1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome dear beautifully written love it
laila1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
It was the most painful OS I have read on ARNI.
Superb OS
can't express in words👏
Edited by laila1994 - 10 years ago
Anika_PreRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Best ARNI os till date.
Superb and excellent portrayal of emotions of Sameer and Arjun...
Loved how Raghu sir,Comm.Coelho and Sameer bhai stood beside Arjun to support him,unconditonally.
Thanks for the pm. :)
--Iqra-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved it! Great beginning!
unishaz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
superb os dear.. loved it.. thanks for pm..
chand91 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 4 Thumbnail
soo awsm & emotinal os