Sonia Singh to play Amrapali in Buddha....!!!

Posted: 10 years ago

Sonia Singh to play Vaijanthimala (Amrapali) on TV!

Sonia Singh to play Vaijanthimala (Amrapali) on TV!
Sonia Singh
It's time for some change for TV actress Sonia Singh. Wondering why we are saying so? Well, audiences have always seen Sonia in negative roles and she has now bagged a creative role on TV.

A little birdie whispered in our ears that TV actress Sonia Singh, who was last seen in Colors' Parichay and Sahara One's Jhilmil Sitaaron Ka Angan Hoga as a vamp, has now bagged Zee TV's Buddha-Rajao Ka Raja and the actress will portray the character of Amrapali- the renowned dancer on the show.

READ: Buddha faced issues in Nepal for hurting sentiments

"Sonia Singh has already started shooting for the show and her entry will be telecast soon in the upcoming episodes," adds our source.

When contacted, Sonia confirmed, "It's a pleasure to play something different after a long gap. I am looking forward for the role which was earlier played by Vaijanthimala in the movie 'Amrapali'."
Amrapali?  But didn't that happen after Siddhartha got enlightenment & became Buddha?  How far away is that?
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Amrapali?  But didn't that happen after Siddhartha got enlightenment & became Buddha?  How far away is that?

Amrapali will come before Siddharth's leaving decision

She will also come in future during Buddha's turning

but amrapali looks older here and as a vamp , amrapali was most beautiful girl of her time and she was younger to sidharth and and looked as young forever , not so happy with selection of amrapali
Sonia Singh has worked with sameer in YMGGK also.

TFS looking forward to the upcoming epis...
Originally posted by Ms.S.K.

Sonia Singh has worked with sameer in YMGGK also.

Oh like that

One another connection to this show to YMGGK 😃
Originally posted by RoseFairy

but amrapali looks older here and as a vamp , amrapali was most beautiful girl of her time and she was younger to sidharth and and looked as young forever , not so happy with selection of amrapali

I quite agree.  And I still think they're showing Amrapali too early.  Incidentally, who's playing her now, since Sonia Singh is out?
Originally posted by .Vrish.

I quite agree.  And I still think they're showing Amrapali too early.  Incidentally, who's playing her now, since Sonia Singh is out?

no idea but amrapali for now is a baby the time period they are showing because buddha met her in his middle age