Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Lol did all the feet and lap made any sense here ;)
In my grannys house there is this beautiful picture of kriashna hugging draupadi with her hair all messy and her face bathed in tears ... From the vana parva when krishna goes to visit them ... Interestingly, in some translation draupadi on seeing krishna starts hitting him before throwing herself to hug him, she complains that he didnt come fast enough to help her during vastraharan ... He only came after she gave up all her hope and was about to faintEdited by medha00 - 10 years ago
Medha.S thumbnail
I will be honest that i am not a big fan of gangulis english translation, all factual and correct to the point, but his translation is to masculine and censored/modified at wrong placesfor my taste, there are many other english translation that i enjoy to read but english truly takes away the essence of MB.the feminity and sensuality in scenes is completely sidelined to make way for the rigid manliness to match the taste of religious fanatics and a male dominated society.
Adr_Rush thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely post gurji 👍🏼 Thanks for all these superb info 👍🏼
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: medha00

I will be honest that i am not a big fan of gangulis english translation, all factual and correct to the point, but his translation is to masculine and censored/modified at wrong placesfor my taste, there are many other english translation that i enjoy to read but english truly takes away the essence of MB.the feminity and sensuality in scenes is completely sidelined to make way for the rigid manliness to match the taste of religious fanatics and a male dominated society.

There's nothing wrong, IMO, to make slight changes while re- narrating a story - so long the essence remains the same.

That  was beautiful story, Medha- regardless whether Arjuna hugged Satyabhama or not- though I am inclined to believe that it would not have been possible. Nevertheless... the purport of the story remains intact.

KrishnaSourav thumbnail
thanks for this post
beautiful relation of Krishna -Arjun n Satyavama
loved to read it 
merrydock thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
AWESOM, be it any yug. women all over just cant help fallowing in love with these two.
every story, every aspect every tale of Krishna Arjuna fascinates the world every time.

they are the most talked about characters of the Mahabharat. 
Medha.S thumbnail

Originally posted by: varaali

There's nothing wrong, IMO, to make slight changes while re- narrating a story - so long the essence remains the same.

That  was beautiful story, Medha- regardless whether Arjuna hugged Satyabhama or not- though I am inclined to believe that it would not have been possible. Nevertheless... the purport of the story remains intact.

Medha.S thumbnail

Originally posted by: merrydock

AWESOM, be it any yug. women all over just cant help fallowing in love with these two.

every story, every aspect every tale of Krishna Arjuna fascinates the world every time.

they are the most talked about characters of the Mahabharat. 

You took the words out of my mouth.
OmkaraKiParvati thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
awesum post medha. thanx for the info.
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice post, medha, taahole tumi bangali. (transletion, so you are a bengali.