TOI :I was mentally tortured Ulka

RamonaG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 10 years ago
Ulka Gupta, who was recently replaced inKhelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi " for her alleged unprofessionalism " has accused the makers of "mentally torturing" her. The 17-year-old actress was seen as 13-year-old Ami in the telly show. 

Ulka says soon after the fourth episode hit the tube, the creative team started accusing her of poor performance. They even auditioned a few actresses to play Ami. 

Says she, "How can the production house accuse me of unprofessionalism? I have shot 20 hours a day for almost three months. They made me report on the set at odd hours and would keep me waiting endlessly, as they shot with others. I am not comparing myself with Gautami (Gadgil Kapoor), but is it wrong to seek time off for studies? I even took aleaving certificate from my college and became a private student. My board exams are approaching and I need to study. All we requested was to reduce my shooting hours. When they didn't respond, I approached CINTAA (Cine & TV Artistes Association) to look into the matter, and, because of the latter's intervention, they verbally agreed to reduce my shooting hours. The stress took a toll on my health " my hemoglobin count dropped and I developed dark circles under my eyes. I was mentally tortured." 

Ulka's father Gagan claims that the actress hasn't been paid. "No workshops were conducted and they started accusing Ulka of not doing justice to the role. Her clothes were not up to mark and they deliberately made her look a few shades lighter with makeup. We haven't been paid a single penny till now; they didn't even inform us of the replacement," says he. 

However, producer Nittin Keni says, "We adhered to Gagan's request as he constantly threatened us with quitting the show, citing health issues and studies. We didn't want the child's studies and health to suffer. The day before we were to commence the shoot, he demanded a hike, but we refused. It was better to get a replacement under such circumstances."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
God only knows who is right in this situation but I am very happy with the new girl. She is a good actress.
pageant101 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...RamonaG...

Ulka Gupta, who was recently replaced inKhelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi " for her alleged unprofessionalism " has accused the makers of "mentally torturing" her. The 17-year-old actress was seen as 13-year-old Ami in the telly show. 

Ulka says soon after the fourth episode hit the tube, the creative team started accusing her of poor performance. They even auditioned a few actresses to play Ami. 

Says she, "How can the production house accuse me of unprofessionalism? I have shot 20 hours a day for almost three months. They made me report on the set at odd hours and would keep me waiting endlessly, as they shot with others. I am not comparing myself with Gautami (Gadgil Kapoor), but is it wrong to seek time off for studies? I even took aleaving certificate from my college and became a private student. My board exams are approaching and I need to study. All we requested was to reduce my shooting hours. When they didn't respond, I approached CINTAA (Cine & TV Artistes Association) to look into the matter, and, because of the latter's intervention, they verbally agreed to reduce my shooting hours. The stress took a toll on my health " my hemoglobin count dropped and I developed dark circles under my eyes. I was mentally tortured." 

Ulka's father Gagan claims that the actress hasn't been paid. "No workshops were conducted and they started accusing Ulka of not doing justice to the role. Her clothes were not up to mark and they deliberately made her look a few shades lighter with makeup. We haven't been paid a single penny till now; they didn't even inform us of the replacement," says he. 

However, producer Nittin Keni says, "We adhered to Gagan's request as he constantly threatened us with quitting the show, citing health issues and studies. We didn't want the child's studies and health to suffer. The day before we were to commence the shoot, he demanded a hike, but we refused. It was better to get a replacement under such circumstances."

WHAT!!! came to this forum just to find out what happened to the girl who was initially playing the role of Ami? Since haven't watched ever this show..from the wedding started watching the show because of the track. Then right after marriage this Ami girl was replaced.
My take is the girl who was playing the role of Ami...was way...way OVER confident...to the point it was becoming annoying as viewers to watch her in couple of tracks...or she just didn't seemed 13-14 years old.  Now come to know she indeed is 17 years old..no wonder...the mood swings😆

If she was so much mentally and labor wise.. tortured then was there a reason for her NOT TO LEAVE the show..contract or no contract..and focus on her studies..which should be important to any 17 years old? BTW ...
This 17 yrs..is still a minor..and her parental guidance..was to a minimum zero?..she is over worked..dark circles..fatigue..and hemoglobin..lowering...they are letting her work..in a SHOW...sacrificing her schooling and studies😲..Regardless...who the culprits are and who was the victim..this needs to be taken seriously...what's happening in India..on the name of entertainment...?

On another positive note..the NEW GIRL..is very sweet..and very talented..no clue if she is 17 also...but hopefully she will keep up her good health and studies..

Priya-Anand thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ulka my all time favorite actress ,still she and Sameer one of my fav on screen pair
but somewhere ppl said  she became very proud  after JKR success,having attitude problem

anyway i dont know what's the true,just say all the best to her
Edited by Priya-Anand - 10 years ago
A HUGE FAN thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
She has way too confidence in herself. 
Vishalrx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
really sad. Such a good child artist
-CloudNine- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
she confusing me so much ,
she is talented and  flawless actress no about it  but  nowadays she overconfident ,living some illusion world 😕
anyway all the best to her