BREAKING GROUND: Sonal Sehgal

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

'I don't think anybody would spend crores just to sleep with you'

...says actor Sonal Sehgal, who believes that it all depends on how you conduct yourself in the TV industry

DEEPALI DHINGRA

There are some actors on television who the audiences refuse to forget, even if they haven't been seen on the small screen for a while. And Sonal Sehgal is certainly an actor that the audience remembers, even though she hasn't been part of any serial for almost three months now. The actor who started her acting career with Saara Aakash as Sanjana and was last seen in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin where she did a cameo, has since got married and settled down. But the question is, does she want to return to television again?
   "Yes, of course I do and I will," says the pretty actor. She informs that she hasn't been totally out of touch with acting either. "Even though I haven't been part of any serial in these past few months, I have done around nine commercials in three months," she says. But then what's keeping her away from being part of some daily show on television? "All the roles that I've played on television, whether it was that of the terrorist Sanjana in Saara Aakash or that of the spoilt brat Shelly in Hotel Kingston, I was extremely lucky to get such diverse roles. Now I'm just waiting to get lucky again," she says.
   Sonal is not too keen to be part of some saas-bahu drama on the small screen. "The problem these days with television is that most of the popular serials are the saas-bahu soaps. I would like to do shows where I enjoy playing my character," she says.
   Her Bollywood dreams are also yet to be realised. Her debut film U Bomsi N Me sank without a trace, but Sonal has no regrets about doing it. "It was a great character for me to play," she says. So would she like doing an out and out heroine role? "Well, if a Yash Chopra was to offer me a role, I would be a hypocrite to say that I would say no to it," she says with a smile. And what about her husband Naresh? Is he fine with her career? The mere mention of his name brings a smile to her face. "Naresh is a complete sweetheart," she says of her musician husband. "He has full faith in me. He has seen me acting and he trusts me," she says. Sonal believes that it also depends largely on the way a person conducts himself in this industry. "You might come across some people who would want to take advantage of you, but that doesn't mean that everybody can be labelled bad," she says. She adds, "Not everything that is said about this industry is true. I don't think people would spend crores on you just so that they can sleep with you."
   Sonal is now looking forward to becoming a part of television again. "I would love to play a well-rounded character. Then it doesn't really matter what genre it is, I would do it," she adds.

BREAKING GROUND: Sonal Sehgal
Edited by mitts - 17 years ago
gr8 she'll be back soon 😃
Ya this is the most recent one it was printed this friday 😃
ha
it srecent one as its saying that shes not on screen 4 a while
and so she'll be back soon 😃
Ya I hope she is back with HK2 😳
same here
but hk2 , dont think its possible
but lets hope 4 the best 😃
Ya but y I m getting these intutions that it will be back though its not possible 😭