Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

apparaohoare thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
This is nothing but yellow journalism.

In order to prove someone great, why do we have to make someone the villain.

Till the 1970's the films were different and the image of a hero was different too. Rafi saab dominated the industry till then. After that came the era of RD, KK, and Big B. The entire definition of Hindi Films changed after that and Rafi saab could not match himself with that trend. So, why should RD and KK be blamed for that.

*Jaya* thumbnail

Originally posted by: apparaohoare

Till the 1970's the films were different and the image of a hero was different too. Rafi saab dominated the industry till then. After that came the era of RD, KK, and Big B. The entire definition of Hindi Films changed after that and Rafi saab could not match himself with that trend. So, why should RD and KK be blamed for that.

You just echoed my thoughts from my last post  Each of them were great in their own right.. One does not need to be pulled down to push the other up

The article is actually an indirect insult to Rafi Saab's calibre too 😑

rocker1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jayc1234

You just echoed my thoughts from my last post  Each of them were great in their own right.. One does not need to be pulled down to push the other up

The article is actually an indirect insult to Rafi Saab's calibre too 😑

I don't see that RD and KK are being made villains. The author is just presenting a view that what if... What if SD hadn't fallen sick? What if RD gave more credit to Rafi? What if...?

I've never thought about this before, but I think Rafi would've been great in Roop tera mastana too. What if he'd sung that song?

Sur_Sangam thumbnail

Originally posted by: shadyhtown

I don't see that RD and KK are being made villains. The author is just presenting a view that what if... What if SD hadn't fallen sick? What if RD gave more credit to Rafi? What if...?

I've never thought about this before, but I think Rafi would've been great in Roop tera mastana too. What if he'd sung that song?

The articles gave an interesting prespective about if's..I think it was blessing in disguise whatever happened. We already had a legend in Rafi, but got another one in Kishore Kumar.
apparaohoare thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sur_Sangam

The articles gave an interesting prespective about if's..I think it was blessing in disguise whatever happened. We already had a legend in Rafi, but got another one in Kishore Kumar.

Completely Agree. πŸ‘

greatmaratha thumbnail

Originally posted by: jayc1234

Yes - we certainly should have had lot more of Rafi in Retro Cafe! Wonder if the Dev Team is thinking of having some more Rafi specials in the near future! πŸ€”

Rafi Saab's Retro was to be of a longer duration as well, but then we got other requests and this got pushed back.  Will definitely do a fresh series on Rafi Saab, once Mukesh Saabs is over.

greatmaratha thumbnail

Originally posted by: apparaohoare

Agree completely.

Different times call for different artistes.  If you ask a die hard KK fan😳  they will argue that Kishore da never got his due in the 50s or 60s because of the dominance of Rafi Saab. 

Both were great in their own rights and both ruled the roost in their hey days.

Maybe there is some truth in the saying that "you cannot have more than one sword in a sheath"  When Rafi saab ruled over the hindi film music world, others including greats like Manna da and Kishore Saab got less recognition.
greatmaratha thumbnail

Originally posted by: shadyhtown

πŸ€”

Thought a lot,

Tried to even imagine it..............

May be, may be not...........................

I will still prefer Kishore Da in that song.😳
ppa88 thumbnail
For most of us, Rafi and KK were two sides of the samecoin. The coin is incomplete without one of them.
Rafi was arguably the best both as a singer and more so as a human being. He might not have got his due but he continues to rule our hearts and will do so forever.

apparaohoare thumbnail

Originally posted by: s.priya

Agree completely.

Different times call for different artistes.  If you ask a die hard KK fan😳  they will argue that Kishore da never got his due in the 50s or 60s because of the dominance of Rafi Saab. 

Both were great in their own rights and both ruled the roost in their hey days.

Maybe there is some truth in the saying that "you cannot have more than one sword in a sheath"  When Rafi saab ruled over the hindi film music world, others including greats like Manna da and Kishore Saab got less recognition.

Very Well Written Priya. πŸ‘