Arshi OS: Paas Hon Ya Dur, Humsafar Forever!

Preet.Kc thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Hi Friends this is the OS that I have written for Arshi OS contest, I'm posting the full version of the OS, I'm happy that it didn't won because I was able to add the parts that I had to cut in order to stay in the limits of 3000 words, when the original piece of work is of 4415 words, yeah a little too muchπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

Before starting I just want to say few things:

First of all this OS is dedicated to three people:

to Shree my Guruji (SobtiFanShree) because without her this OS would have never had the right tittle, and because she helped me a lot, in every sense, Guruji you are actually a Guru. A live saver 

to my lovely sister Humi (babyhumz) who took the pain to proof read it, to encourage me, you are the best supporter that someone can have, you know that right! πŸ˜‰

Last but not the least to the most creative, lovely and encouraging person that I know on IF, Sabah (..MorningStar..) without whom I would have never written this piece of work, she had "forced" me to participate in the contest, I'm sorry that I was not able to stand on your expectations πŸ˜’

Sabah I know maybe you were expecting me to write a romantic shot, but what to do, this concept was  not leaving my mind, and anyways I want an award you were not able to guess my entry πŸ˜†

Girls, I love you all to the core, I think with this OS I got to know the real meaning of true friends, without you guys this OS is nothing. Thanks for being with me, I LOVE YOU TOO TOO MUCH, BAS!!! πŸ€— β€οΈ

Second this is not a happy OS; it's a tragedy one, so those who don't like tragedies or can't accept the affect to see Arnav and Khushi separated then please don't read it, because it will make you sad, what I don't want.

Happy reading πŸ˜Š 

Flashbacks in Italic

Paas Hon Ya Dur, Humsafar Forever!

"Oh no I'm late" he said hitting the steering wheel in frustration. He needed to reach there and that too soon; he was already late because of that stupid meeting which took more time than required.

He was driving like a maniac, breaking God knows how many traffic rules "what if she..?"  He thought, "No!!!" he muttered and pressed the accelerator.

He stopped the car outside a mandir; jumped out and without bothering to lock it, he run up the stairs.

"Where is she?" he wondered, once he was on the top running a hand through his hair. He started looking here and there, "no! She will never leave before . . .  what if..? No, no . . . it's not possible" he thought and marched inside the mandir, toward Devi Maiya's idol.

"Where is she?" he asked as soon as his eyes landed on a girl sitting near a pillar in the mandir. She lifted her head a little "finally you found the time to come" she replied sarcastically looking at him disappointed.

"Riya you can give me your lecture later, but now tell me where she is? I know she can't leave before I break her fast." He said looking here and there not paying attention at the glares that Riya was throwing at him.

"She is at the back of the mandir, waiting for you" she replied pointing to a path that leads to the back of the mandir. "Like always at the same spot" she added with a glint of sadness into her voice

Arnav nodded and ran down that path toward the backyard of the mandir. There stood a huge tree around which people tied red threads asking for their wishes to be fulfilled.

Looking at the huge tree a smile appeared on his face "here I fell in love with you" he said in a low voice

"Sorry, I was not paying attention" he heard her murmur nervously; her voice was like music for his ears. Till date he has never heard a voice like hers, he did not say anything and started climbing the stairs of the mandir.

"Chote" Anjali called him from behind, he stopped suddenly and while turning toward his sister he bumped into someone. "Can't you watch when walking?" He yelled at the person, but as soon as his eyes landed on the soul in his arms his heart skipped a beat. "Her" it was the first thing that came in his mind. He looked at her and she seemed scared. She immediately stepped back "I'm sorry" she whispered not meeting his gaze and left from there.

"Di you go and pray, I will wait here" he said to his sister. He didn't want to enter the mandir, he didn't believe in destiny, fate or God.  He believed in facts, you will get something only if you do something to deserve it, nothing is for free. He was a self-made man, brought-up in a family were everything revolved around money or power. In his family there was no love, he had grown up hearing that he has to gain everything in his life on his own, nothing is granted. He studied and worked so hard that today he is one of the biggest business men in India, but still he was not happy, something was missing in his life, what, he didn't know...

"Chote please sirf ek baar" Anjali pleaded making a puppy face, he shook his head. "This is the first and last time" he said not knowing that in the near future he would come in this temple almost every day. How could he refuse his sister? She is the only person with whom he has a normal relationship, one that normal human beings share. Something that is not related to materialistic items. A special bond connected through their hearts, dil ka rishta; she is not like his other family members, wealth or power are the things that least concern her.

After praying they moved towards the tree where Anjali like always was going to tie a thread asking for her brother's happiness. Arnav was observing with a stern smile while shaking his head at her antics "Di you will never change, will you?" he muttered, he was about to turn and go to his car to wait for his sister there like always; when his gaze caught something, he turned his head to see it more clearly and there she was, sitting on the small wall and crying her heart out, he didn't know why, he didn't know how but his feet started to move toward her on their own accord, while his heart was wincing in pain, why? He didn't know! Well the answer was very simple, her tears urged him to go to her and wipe them.

Arnav looked at her, she didn't felt his presence, her head was lowered, she was wearing a simply white churidar, and a white dupatta was covering her head. He could see that she was really simple and down to earth girl.

"hi" he said after a few seconds of hesitance, she lifted her head and his brown eyes met with her hazel ones, and the time froze, there was just him and her and no one else, there was no need to say anything, because her expressive eyes were saying everything, she was in a problem, he was not aware of what it could be, but what he knew was that he was going to solve it, even thought she was a stranger to him, but still he was not able to see tears in those beautiful eyes that were full of life. Khushi felt her heart flutter, she didn't know why, maybe it was the effect of his deep, brown and reassuring eyes, and she doesn't know when a little smile appeared on her face just looking at the man in front of her.

"Any problem?" he asked gently, offering her his handkerchief, she took it hesitantly and blew her nose in it, making Arnav arch his eyebrows and looking at her with an "unbelievable" and disgusted expression.

"Thanks" she said after finishing and handing back the handkerchief to him

"Keep it" he said with a forced smile trying to be gentle and not lashing out at her for what she just did to his precious handkerchief.

"Why were you crying?" he asked after few seconds, once she calmed down

"Because I don't want to marry that stupid guy!" she blurted out, without bothering that she was talking to a stranger

"Then don't marry him!" Arnav replied back instantly, as if that was the most logical thing to do.

"But I can't refuse!!" she said in a low voice looking at the floor with a sad expression

"Why not?" he asked, wanting to know the reason why she was going to marry someone that she doesn't love

"Because my father gave my hand to his family when I was born, we are committed to each other since childhood" she explained sadly, almost on the verge of crying again

"What nonsense!!!" Arnav exclaimed making her look at him in shock and anger.

"It's not nonsense" she replied raising her voice a little

"Well it is, you don't want to marry him, right?" he asked looking at her to which she nodded

"Because maybe you want to marry someone else whom you love. So forcing you in a relation with someone else without your approval is stupidity, and it's also against the law, so my advice is don't waste your time crying on it but fight for your rights" he encouraged her, awakening in her hope, that maybe things can still be changed, maybe there were chances that her father will listen to her and cancel her marriage with that guy "I'm sure, papa will listen me, after all he loves me immensely" she thought, without knowing that it was not going to happens any soon.

"Thanks, now I know what I have to do" she said jumping down the little wall and adjusting her churidar

"Anytime" he replied with a small smile and moved from there, without knowing that the next day they were going to meet again and falling in love with each other.

Khushi's father listened her, he said he will stop her marriage, but what she doesn't know was that her father was going to introduce that guy in her life to make her fall for him, so he could fulfill his wish, and at the same time keep his promise, he can't let go from his hands that proposal, it comes from one of  the most powerful family in Delhi,  only he knows how much he is going to benefit with that alliance and losing it was not in his plans.

Ding Dong!!

The sound of the bell brought him back from his reveries. He moved toward the other side of the tree and smiled at the sight in front of him. "I was sure you will do this" he said smiling whole healthily at the person before him.  There was a girl, who was on her knees, her head covered with a dupatta and she was praying with her face toward the tree, she didn't looked at him nor did she say anything she continued praying, "You will never change right?" he said with an amused expression and sat on the small wall that served as the perimeter of the temple.

There was pride, respect and love in his eyes for the girl in front of him. She was a unique piece, there is no one like her on earth, only she can love someone to this extend "only if we were..."

"I'm done" she said breaking his chain of thoughts, he scanned at her from the bottom upwards. She was wearing a simple deep red anarkali, with only little floral embroidery on the neckline and on the bottom border. The dupatta was black with little flowers embroidered here and there. She was simply looking drop dead gorgeous and stunning. Red was his favorite color. His girl in his favorite color, what more could he wish for? It was like the cherry on top of the cake.

He climbed down from the wall and moved toward her, she smiled at him, bent down and took a round thing with a net on one side of it, a channi, she handed it to him and then lit up a diya and put it inside the channi. She looked at the moon through it and then brought it in front of his face.

She looked at his face through it, smiled at him and then bent to touch his feet. He stopped her holding her from her shoulders, he helped her to stand straight and looking into her eyes he said. "How many times have I told you there's no need to do these things?" she looked at him annoyed. "I know you will not stop doing it, so starting an argument is pointless" he took the glass from her thaali and made her drink some water, after that he fed her a piece of jalebi.

"You are late you know that right?" she said placing the thaali on the small wall and putting her hands on her hips.

"Sorry" he apologized in a sweet tone "I was stuck in a meeting" he added to calm her down, he knows that she gets worried easily.

"You know that I fast for you every year, can't you just keep this one day free for me? You know nah that I can't stay here for such a long time, you know how difficult it was for me to stay here?" she said in a broken voice with eyes getting moist. He pulled her to him and hugged her tightly, while his heart was once again wincing in pain at the mention of their situation. They were husband and wife, but just for their hearts, lovers who are not meant to be together. Not because their love is not true, but just because their love is so pure that they can not hurt anyone just for the sake of being with the other one.

He rubbed her back, trying to smooth her pain, along with the pain of his own heart "Khushi" he whispered unwillingly. He felt her head moving right and left against his chest, "I know you don't want it, so don't I, but it's already late." He said controlling his emotions, he knows that she needs to go before someone creates an issue, before someone tries to raise a finger on their relationship and most importantly before bad-mouth her, breaking her heart into pieces.

"I love you" she whispered after feeling that his body stiffened a little when he was saying those words. She is perfectly aware of why he is doing so . . ., to protect her, just for her sake and for their love; if it was not for their love he would have done a lot and if it was not for that kasam they would not be standing here, like this, together yet miles apart.

"Khushi" she heard his voice, she turned toward him with a huge smile playing on her lips, today it was a special day. They were dating each other secretly for the last five months now and finally she had decided that she will tell to her family that she wants to marry him. No matter what they may say, she had decided she would not marry her father's friend's son, even if they are committed from childhood, she loves Arnav too much, and he is her life.

"I'm ready" she said as soon as he reached her, he looked at her with a confused face "for what?" he asked lifting his brows "I'm ready to marry you!" she stated shocking him, he looked at her astonished "really? Is she serious?" he thought blinking few times to digest the news, "Arnav I just said I want to marry you, aren't you happy? Weren't you the one who was saying we should get married, now that I'm saying I want it, you're looking at me like you've seen an alien . . . Look Mr. Raizada, I'm not going to  . . ." She was cut off by Arnav's mouth against hers, she was taken back. She didn't know how to react, it was their first kiss, she was scared. She wanted to push him but the feeling died with the same pace as it arose; once his words reached her ears "I love you" he murmured against her lips. He had never declared his love to her till now. She knew he loves her a lot but he being a man of few words never confessed it, other than with his gestures. Two months ago he had just expressed his feeling that he wished two marry her and she has replied that she can not as first she needs to talk with her parents and for that she needs time.

"I LOVE YOU KUSHI KUMARI GUPTA" he said looking directly into her eyes, stressing on each letter, as if he wanted to imprint it in the air. She looked at him with moist eyes "I love you too" she said hugging him tightly, letting go of all her fears and insecurities.

"Where are you going?" he questioned as she broke the hug and started moving toward her car.

"I'm going home to tell Maa that I don't want marry that Kunal, as I have already found my prince charming" she said with a proud smile.

"Don't you want to spend some time with me?" He asked with puppy face.

"I need to tell to my family everything soon, after that, I'm all yours, I too can't wait to be Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada" she replied blushing slightly. She was on the top of the world. She didn't want to waste another minute; she was sure about what she wants. She wants to spend the rest of her life with him and no one else. They hugged each other and left from there toward their respective homes, with hope and happiness in their hearts and dreams into their eyes. Without knowing that this was going to be the most beautiful and the saddest day of their lives. Without knowing that the day they confessed their loves was going to be the day from which their separation will begin. They didn't even come close before they had to depart from each other.  

Khushi reached her home with a dreamy smile playing on her lips and her heart jumping in happiness, today she was the most happiest person in the world, she felt like walking two feet off the ground, like flying in the air, finally her dreams were going to be true, she would marry the one she loves, the one that meant the world for her. She happily went to her father's study, once before the door she knocked nervously

"Come in" an authoritative voice replied from the other end

"Papa" she said stepping in

"Yes beta" her father asked smiling at her

"papa you remember that, I told you that I will marry someone whom I like and I respect" she said moving toward him with her heart bouncing in her chest in happiness and in fear, all at the same time, fear of her papa's reaction and happiness for finally finding her love.

"Yes, I remember beta" her father replied with a smirk playing on his lips

"So Kunal won your heart, good job my boy" he thought, mistaking that his plan worked perfectly according to his will.

"Well papa I had found that someone and I think you too will like him" she said while her cheeks were turning pinkish

"And who he is?" he asked already savoring the taste of victory

"Arnav" Khushi replied instantly, making the ground shake under her father's feet "Arnav Singh Raizada" she added after a few seconds, making her father's blood boil, he looked at her with red furious eyes

"Raizada!" he whispered "you want to marry a Raizada? How could you Khushi?" he asked getting up from his chair and coming toward her in rage "how could you even think about marrying a Raizada?" he said holding her from her shoulders and shaking her a little "Raizadas are Guptas' biggest rivals, here I'm planning for their defeat and you are planning to marry one of them, how could you even think about it KHUSHI!!!" he yelled on her and pushed her on the side, making her almost lose her balance, what come next was so much fast and sudden that she doesn't remember what exactly happened, she just knew that her mother come to the study running after hearing her father's screams and then the round of tantrums that followed, taunts that her father threw at her mother and at her, words that she didn't want to hear, words that stabbed her heart like daggers and at the end her mother putting her hand on her head saying "Khushi, if you wish to see me alive then you will not marry that guy!!" those words pierced her heart, she doesn't know how to react, where to run and hide herself from this cruel world, those simple words took away from her, her happiness, her everything, her world shattered in to pieces in the twinkling of an eye.

Khushi left the room like a dead body, she didn't even have the energy to cry, she just sat in her room with lost gaze and her mind playing again and again their confession and then her mother's words.

For a few days she didn't go to the mandir, she stayed in her room, not able to face him, not able to tell him that she had once again lost the battle. There was no emotion left in her, she was just alive but her soul was shattered.

After Arnav's continuous messages, she went to the mandir to tell him that it was over, without knowing that their story was just going to start, a love story that people will remember and cherish for forever, a love story where staying together with each other physically is not the most important thing, as it is to be with the other one in their heart, mind and soul.

When she told Arnav what happened with her, she heard him utter imprecation after imprecation and then telling how he could have managed them all, his family and her family, what he needed, she needed and most importantly they needed, was just her approval, and marry her, she was going to say that simple word "yes" when her mother's words echoed in her head "Khushi, if you wish to see me alive then you will not marry that guy!!!" and she stopped.

How could she wish for her mother's death? Doesn't matter that what she did is painful but she is still her mother, the one who took the pains to bring her in this word, and Khushi being the dutiful and obedient daughter that she was bowed her head before her mother's wish. Saying goodbye to her first love, a love that was denied even before it could bloom...

She couldn't found the courage to say that simple word and he  couldn't find the courage to leave her for forever, just the thought to live without her was killing him from inside, so from that moment it started their unique love story, a love story that will never end, a love story where the two of them will walk side by side but will be not together, a story of just pure love and faith, a love story beyond all limits.

"Khushi it's getting late" Riya yelled; they pulled apart from their hug and looked at each other with the same pain in their eyes.

"I'm s. . ." the words died in her throat as Arnav put a hand on her mouth "don't you dare say it. I have not and I will not step back, I love you and I will always do. It does not matter to me if we can not stay together 24x7 or that we can't marry each other. What matters to me is that you love me and I love you, bas!" Arnav said with fire in his eyes, he had told her many times that he will not leave her. She had requested him at the start to move on but he refused stating that she was the only one who taught him to love and live finding happiness in small things and he was not going to say goodbye to his life and start living in darkness again. For past two years they had been meeting each other in the mandir where they first met and then fell in love. Since it was the only one place where Khushi could come whenever she wanted without being stopped from her family.

"Go! We will meet tomorrow" he said kissing her forehead lightly. She nodded and taking her pooja ki thaali moved from there, praying for the night to end and tomorrow to come soon. As they will get more time to spend with each other because their families will be away from the city.  

Arnav reached his house late at night: it would be just a building if it was not for his sister, the only person who cares about him and his feeling. The only one who supported him in his every decision, good or bad!

"Chote" he heard her voice as soon as he opened the door of his room. "How did she know that I was back?" he wondered looking at her coming toward him.

"Chote, where were you? Look at the time!" she said with a concerned face, "with Khushi right?" she said looking at his face more carefully; his eyes would always have a different spark when he comes home after meeting her. A smile playing on his lips and a  dreaming expression on his face, "kash" she thought with a lump in her throat, "kab tak chote?" she asked, already knowing the answer, she doesn't remember how many times she had asked the same question, but she does remember the answer, it was always same.

"Till my last breath Di" he replied back confidently, determination written on his face and hope in his eyes. He meant every word, what if they did not stay into a same house or in the same room? He will stay beside her till the end of his life "Di I already told you, Saath hona utna maayne nahi rakhta, jitna ke saath nibhana..." he said smiling loving at her.

"And we are doing it, woh apne hisse ka saath nibha rahi hai aur main apne ka." He entered in his room followed by an overwhelmed Anjali, she has her hands tied, she doesn't know how to help them and she can't see them like this, seeking for each other, meeting secretly, like they have done a crime. She felt helpless, useless, unable to give her brother his happiness. She didn't know when tears started rolling down her cheeks "I wish I could help you two" she said sitting on the edge of the bed, finally breaking down.

Arnav run to her, he side hugged her after sitting next to her "shh . . ! We are fine Di, it's not your fault, why are you blaming yourself?" he said stroking her arm, "Di you should be happy that at least we can see each other, there are lovers around the world, who are denied even that right. Still they don't stop loving or hoping that one day all will be fine" he said looking at her and cupping her face he continued "Di I don't need a piece of paper or a mangalsutra around Khushi's neck to say that she is mine, because my heart knows she is mine, only mine, her heart belongs to me. Not all relations end up getting a name, few are meant to be unique, special, leaving a mark on this world . . .  Adhoori he sahi lekin Prem Kahani toh hai." He said lifting his brows and smirking at her, Anjali shook her head with tears in her eyes and caressing his cheek replied "I will pray that one day it gets completed, I will pray that your love survives at this test and you finally get her beside you forever."

"She is always beside me, from the moment I open my eyes in the morning till I close them at the end of the day" he said admiring Khushi's picture which was on the bed side table. So what if they are not together and can't see each other whenever they want. So what if they can't chat freely like any other couple or hug each other. The important thing is that they are with each other. They live in each other's heart, she is his first thought in the morning like he is her last thought before going to sleep. To be happy you don't need to be with someone, just feeling his presence and his love around you is enough.

Author's note

I know few of you are thinking why there was not a rebellion from their side, well I wrote this story and not just this one, but every time I wrote something I try to stay close to the reality as much as I can, and the same goes for this story.

Actually this story is based on a true story, I just changed the end and the narration, but the base it's something that I got from the life of one of my friend's friend. She is a Indian Girl, she was deeply in love with a Guy, who too is an Indian, actually both were equally in love with each other, but their marriage was not possible, just because the guy's brother was her brothers rival, just for their rivalry, for the sake of that so called honor (no offence to anyone), she said goodbye to her love, both parted away, after few years she married someone else, again for her family's happiness, but still she was not able to forgot her first love and I think not only her but all are not able to forgot their first love, because it's special and it's the first time that your heart learn what actually LOVE IS... (mints sorry for taking the lines of your story).

I know it's sad but it is the bitter truth, I don't know how many girls had sacrificed their love for their families happiness or honor, but I respect them, because living taking in mind just our own happiness it's easy, but living taking in mind other's happiness it's not from all.

But as I don't believe in marry someone if you don't love him/her, I changed the events, Arnav and Khushi will never marry someone else, they will love each other for eternity and one day they will be together, maybe not on earth but in heaven for sure...

And waise be I belong to a state, Punjab, which is famous for its epic love stories and few of them remained incomplete, and their charm is not changed even a bit even after all these years.  

So is Arnav and Khushi's story, without Arnav there is no Khushi and without Khushi there is no Arnav, their names will come always together, always connected with each other, they are and they will be always meant to be together, no matter in which way.

Thanks for reading πŸ€—

Preet

Edited by Preet.Kc - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

babyhumz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
res for my hubby 
Edited by babyhumz - 10 years ago
Downhill thumbnail
simply fabulous
loved it'
HinaMalik91 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Res
Unres-

Wow it was so beautiful and emotional!!

I read it in the contest too and loved the whole idea of it throughout reading this piece!

Really well written!😊

Loved it!

Amazing piece of writing!!!
Edited by Hina69 - 10 years ago
Mrs_Darcy_Shree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
will unres soon on page one, thanks wifey for res-ing my spot
Edited by SobtiFanShree - 10 years ago
kavyanjali08 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Itz awsommm girl u made me cry...gosh i'm still crying thnk god nobody is home or else sab weird lukz dete lyk 'phir pagal hogi' wala...man itz beautiful...well da point u shwd was vry true n real...i seriously wndr y do ppl do lyk dis...kya apni jhooti aur dkhawe ki shaan itni imprtnt hoti hai...more den ur luv 1c...honour killing n seprting ppl 4 honour is vry common we all say we r mordrn n do des things happn but dey do evn in city n high-profile society dey do...seriously we need 2 get outta dis notion i wndr whn wud ppl move beyond der fake shw-off honour...but it was vry touchy-touchy i'm glad u didn't made dem marry with som1 else coz dat wud hav bn punishmnt 4 dem kabhi khush nahi rahte but real lyf dey r forced compromise relationships which always remain burden n dey nevr give a 100% 2 it...nxt tym if u ryt somthing lyk dis do send a tissue box 4 me preet..
crazyfanofdsdv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
loved the update
such a cute love story
nice to see that there are selfless love stories like this
Alai123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
A unique OS
THanks for the pmπŸ˜‰
ara_000 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
wow sweetheart dis is indeed an amazing piece of writing..!

its not neccessary dat all love stories should get a happy ending..!

Love alwaz remains in our hearts nd d person whom we love r in our hearts forever..!

Love is all abt to feel nd wen we can feel it we can cherish it forever nd ever..!

Beautiful piece of writing

loved it ❀️
-MKM- thumbnail
Loved it..Amazing..
thanks for the pm..