World Television Day - Yes there is such a day. :P lol

The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

On World Television Day; celebs share their thoughts on being a part of the industry

21 Nov 2013 07:53 PM | TC

Today is World Television Day, a very special day for everyone who is connected in some way or the other with this fascinating industry,

This day also reminds us that television plays a very important role in everybody's life. Everything that we experience by way of small screen shapes and influences our lives, because television is meant to educate, inform, entertain, instruct and influence us in several manners.

On this auspicious day, we called a few TV actors and asked them how it is being the part of the TV world and what are the advantages and disadvantages of it.

Anas Rashid: Television has changed my life. There was a time when I used to roam on streets searching for work. I never thought that my show (Diya Aur Baati Hum) will be so popular and will reach the numero uno position. In these many years I have earned a lot of fame and gratitude from people; which has been overwhelming. And of course, television gives one a name, fame and money. Who doesn't want this in today's life? Television has made me a star overnight. The only thing that bothers me is passage of time. You can do play a lead but eventually you will be offered a father's role. Even the rules won't change for someone as big as SRK. So somewhere, I feel television has a short span of life.

Karan Tacker: First of all, I would like to wish everyone associated with the television industry a happy World Television Day. My journey in television has been incredible. The best things about television are its volume of work and its high employment ratio. One becomes a household name with just a press of a button. After joining television, I have travelled around the world and have noticed that Indian shows have recognition internationally. Though there is no major disadvantage as such, one thing that bothers me is the pattern of working wherein we have to put in efforts round the clock. It's like we are the doctors of the entertainment field. Like doctors, we too have to attend the needs of the profession all the time.

Gurmeet Choudhary: Thank you for enlightening me that today happens to be the World Television Day. Being a part of this world for these many years is indeed an achievement for me. I am one of the actors who had no Godfather in this industry and whatever I have achieved is all because of my hard work. Yesterday when I was in Kolkata, a huge crowd gathered and started shouting my name. I feel that I have earned a good name and respect has also embraced me from all quarters. I believe if you have the necessary talent, television is the best place to be. Television has changed leaps and bounds over the years and now even Bollywood actors are coming on television and promoting their films. Finally, when there are so many advantages of television, I can hardly pin point any drawbacks.

Shweta Tiwari: Television plays a very important role in our lives. I think for viewers, we are like a member of their family and not stars and they count on us. Currently television has an immense reach all over the world. For all these years I had not suffered a single problem; instead had a soaring career. The only thing that television has done that it has kept me away from my family. You work around the clock to entertain the audience, but somewhere you miss spending time with your family. But now I am relaxing and having a good time with my loved ones and will certainly make a comeback for entertaining my fans.

Manasi Salvi: Television has been open to all types of talents these many years. There is no doubt that television has changed tremendously; it has become more professional and very competitive. Abhi aisa nahi hai ki kuch kaam nahi hai toh chalo TV kar lete hain. Now, television has become mentally and physically challenging. One needs to be in shape and should have exceptional acting skills. My journey in this industry has been wonderful. In these twenty years that I have been in the industry, I have always got a chance to explore my talent. The ways of conducting business have changed and payment process has become more streamlined and timely now. There was a time when actors used to shoot till late night, but now they can leave on time. I wish everyone a very happy World Television Day.
Edited by The_May_Rose - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sudhareddy thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks for sharing May
kp_yasharan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail