Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: poppy2009

Hims,

Frankly, I don't even think they are pitching Dhoom well...but then, to their advantage, D3 will do very well even without promotions!

But YRF is pretty lousy and strange when it comes to promoting films...I feel that their focus is on making maximum profit, by minimising the promotional activities...actors don't benefit from that, but YRF ends up making a lot of money!

I am amazed that SDR did so well...I didn't even know when it released! I think they just promoted it for one week and then released it...bhagwaan bharose!๐Ÿ˜†

They are releasing the teaser pretty early...maybe cashing in on Piggy and Veeru's new found, recent successes!

Films like Dhoom don't need massive promotional campaigns since they are already so hyped up, but YRF is doing stuff with the dolls, games, etc. ๐Ÿ˜†

Actually Poppy, SDR was promoted quite well, by YRF standards that is... Its promos, teasers were launched 2-3 months early. The cast went on many shows and gave tons of interviews. It was promoted at least 10 times more than Ishaqzaade and way more than Aurangzeb...the latter toh was totally abandoned by YRF (there's rumors that Adi wasn't happy with the film).  ...see YRF is not at all as good as UTV, SRK, Aamir, and Dharma at promoting their films...who literally take over the media when their films are up for release and have all sorts of innovative ideas. YRF hardly has new ideas or anything, but even launching stuff this early for them is a miracle and qualifies as good promotions. ๐Ÿ˜†

Probably they are trying to cash in on Ranveer/Priyanka success right now. But they will probably promote this better. So far so good. 
Edited by chocolover89 - 10 years ago
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Cant WAITT..Film is looking really hot!
TricksyKunal thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
manjery thumbnail

๐Ÿคชโ˜บ๏ธoh my ranveeerrr!!!! he is looknig so good n their jodi to kamaal che !!๐Ÿ˜†
chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Isn't it too early for the teaser? ๐Ÿ˜• & what happened to YRF's movie with Sonam? Thought that one would release before Gunday.

Originally posted by: MoStLyHaRmLeSs

P.S. Are there no Arjun fans here?Like seriously none? ๐Ÿ˜†

*raises her hand*

Ranveer SinghVerified account@RanveerOfficial

"Humare Tevar Alag Hain" ... G U N D A Y

Is he promoting Arjun Sonakshi's Tevar as well? ๐Ÿ˜† 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: eeyoretel

Isn't it too early for the teaser? ๐Ÿ˜• & what happened to YRF's movie with Sonam? Thought that one would release before Gunday.

I dont think its too early

SKSE Waale already released the trailer 

plus Ranveer and PC are in the news ryt now

and bewakoofian comes a month later and is a much smaller film

And are you seriously an Arjun Fan? I thought you were a fan of no one  ๐Ÿ˜›

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: eeyoretel

That comes in March. YRF might ignore that one.

The one that comes before Gunday is Hasee toh Phasee. KJo is sleeping for his love Siddy boy's film. ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by chocolover89 - 10 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
YRF is moving in to capitalize on the momentun gained from RL.