vinee_vinee thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Ruslaan Mumtaz...the guy who shot to fame with new tele show Jee Le Zara. This is for those who want to know who is he?

Ruslaan Mumtaz
Ruslaan Mumtaz at the audio release of 'I Don't Luv You'.jpg
Ruslaan Mumtaz at the audio release of I Don't Luv U
Born2 August 1982 (age 31)
Mumbai, India
NationalityIndian
OccupationActor, Dancer
Years active2007-present
ReligionIslam
RelativesAnjana Mumtaz (Mother)

Ruslaan Mumtaz is an Indian actor who works in the Mumbai based Hindi film industry, colloquially known as Bollywood. He is the son of Maharashtrian actress Anjana Mumtaz. His mother is Marathi speaking Hindu (Anjana Manjrekar) who starred in many Marathi, Hindi films and father Sajid Mumtaz who is Muslim and is an Air India official.

Contents

[hide] 
  • 1 Career
  • 2 Controversies
  • 3 Filmography
  • 4 Television
  • 5 References
  • 6 External links

Career[edit]

He made his acting debut in the romantic drama MP3 - Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar, earned him positive reviews through dancing and firmed with the singer KK. Film critic Taran Adarsh from indiaFM wrote, "Ruslaan does very well. Good-looking, camera-friendly and confident, he has the potential to be the new kid on the block."[1]

Mumtaz was the original choice for the lead role of Jamal Malik in Danny Boyle'sSlumdog Millionaire (2008) but was later dropped from the project as Boyle chooses to be realistic and considered Ruslaan too good looking for the part".[2] Despite missing out on the opportunity to work with Boyle and established actors Anil Kapoor and Irrfan Khan, he hopes to gain success in the forthcoming projects.[3]

Controversies[edit]

Ruslaan Mumtaz was accused of uploading a naughty MMS of his then girlfriend, Sashaa Agha, to YouTube.[4]

Filmography[edit]

YearFilm/TV showRoleNotes
2007MP3 - Mera Pehla Pehla PyaarRohanNominated"Filmfare Award
2009Teree SangKabir Punjabi/ Kuku
2010Jaane Kahan Se Aayi HaiDesh
2012Dangerous IshhqRahul Thakral
2013I Don't Luv UYuvan

Television[edit]

YearFilm/TV showRoleNotes
2013-PresentKehta Hai Dil Jee Le ZaraDhruvEvery Mon-Thu at 9:30 PM on Sony TV

Ruslaan Mumtaz Profile Info

• Bio
  • DOB
  • Quotes
  • Links
NameRuslaan Mumtaz                
Other Names
Date of BirthMonday, August 2, 1982
Age31 years, 3 months, and 12 days
ProfessionActor, Dancer
Height6 feet /  1.83  meters
Weight61 Kgs  / 134.2 Lbs

Ruslaan Mumtaz QuotesRead More

Men in red look really hot. I totally agree with the study. Red is very animal and sexy..

Like Ruslaan Mumtaz Share with Your Friends
Home > Entertainment > Report

You're my everything, Mummy: Ruslaan Mumtaz

Sunday, May 13, 2012, 14:52 IST | Place: Bangalore | Agency: DNA

Growing up with an actor parent can be quite an interesting experience and on this Mother's day, Momma's Boy Ruslaan Mumtaz, fresh off from Dangerous Ishq, opens up about his love for mommy dearest, Anjana Mumtaz

Ruslaan Mumtaz - DNA

I grew up in a hostel in Panchgani, so there wasn't an overpowering influence of my mother's acting career, but when she did come visit me, which was as often as she could, I suddenly realised what a big deal being an actor was. The whole school would be running behind her for her autograph and that made me swell up with pride," opens Ruslaan Mumtaz as we catch up with him on the eve of Mother's Day.

Ruslaan Mumtaz has a lot to be thankful for, near-perfect good looks, a budding career in Bollywood, several fans across the country, including our city of Bangalore and a family that's stayed together and continues to be adorably happy.

"As a child, my first memories of mummy as an actress were these scenes I vividly remember from Khatron Ke Khiladi, where ma was the heroine opposite Dharmendra " those scenes still play in my mind, whenever I think of her as an actress. But she never let it get to me. I was never the quintessential star-kid," Ruslaan reminisces.

We prod further and ask Ruslaan to describe how his childhood was. "I was spoilt, I agree. Thoroughly spoilt, and I always fought with my mom. Imagine how horrible I was. I was a non-veg lover and refused to eat anything the cook prepared. My mother had to cook different dishes for my lunch and dinner, as I would refuse to eat the same thing and then leave for work. She would wake up by 5am every morning and cook, look after the house and then leave for her shoots. She drove herself there everyday and here I am, half her age, being driven around Mumbai by a driver! She's a goddess and I can never thank her enough for all that she's done. Can you imagine how amazing a woman she is, to have never even once complained about all these extra duties weighed down upon her?" Ruslaan says. "But I am now wiser, thank god and so I have tried to make up for all my shaitaani as I was growing up," he adds.

So has mummy been the best influence yet, we ask and pat comes the reply, "without comparison! If I had a child like me, I am sure I am going to be super strict with him and force him to eat what's served (laughs)... you know, as kids, we're hardly ever aware of what our parents go through for all of us, and we never give them credit. I'd like to balance that account and do as much for my mom as she's done for me. Not because this is some trade-off... but more because she deserves it and so much more."
With just a few minutes left, we quickly ask Ruslaan of what his message to his mommy dearest would be this Mother's Day and he indulges us.

"Two years ago, I forgot to wish my mummy on Mother's Day and everyone else in the world seemed to have remembered. My mom was super-pissed with me and ever since I have had a fear of missing the occasion. Two days ago also I was suddenly startled when someone misled me to believe that I had missed it again, thankfully I hadn't! Since then, I've been asking ma as to what she'd like to do and she never really tells me what she wants. I'm too frightened to buy her anything as I'm sure she'll tell me either I have been cheated or that she could have bought it for cheaper and so I am just going to take her out for a day at the mall. Make her choose her own stuff, buy it for her and do something else to spend the day together with her. I'm sure that will make her happy, mom's are after all, the easiest to please," Ruslaan concludes.

Ruslaan Mumtaaz made his debut in Bollywood with MP3 (Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar). Ruslaan earned many positive reviews and appreciation for this film. We spoke to the chocolate-faced, camera-friendly, confident star who is 'addicted to workouts!' about his exercise regime. Read on to find out what keeps this young actor lean and strong...

What exercise regime do you follow for a muscular and lean body?

As a body type I tend to lose weight very easily and if I do not, I do heavy weights as I tend to look thin. For a lean body I eat right because in my experience I've learnt that what you eat is more important than how much you workout. I do 4 days of weight training and 1 day of cardio. I try and maintain my 6 pack abs and don't worry much about gaining a muscular body. For me having a fit stomach is more important than having bulging biceps.

What kind of a diet do you follow? Any favourite health foods? Any foods you absolutely and completely avoid (and why)?

I follow a protein-rich diet. In recent times I've stopped my dependency on artificial protein shakes and increased my natural intake of protein in the form of eggs, fish and chicken. I love fried and junk food, which I have completely stopped now.

Who, in your opinion, is the fittest Indian celebrity?

According to me the fittest Indian celebrity is Salman Khan because given his busy schedules and social life he still takes out time for his fitness. It is very difficult to maintain such a fit body for a span of 20yrs. At his age to have a body like that is commendable. He defies age and has always been an inspiration and continues to be one. Amongst the newer actors its Ranbir Kapoor, because of his lean and tall frame. His body makes him look relaxed and agile, which is very important for an actor.

Did you have to overcome any hurdles on the road to fitness? Do share.

I've always been into fitness and sports, so always had a good body but I've always been a big foodie too. With age the metabolic rate reduces and in recent times I've had to curb my taste buds and make sacrifices with my food. I do feel bad about not eating as much as I want to, but when I see the sacrifices people make to be in the position I am in, I find my sacrifice very tiny.

Edited by vinee_vinee - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aasmaan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
no hight weight stat ... just kidding
tinatartari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thnks...bt he z muslim I neva knew..
nd the rest I knw mostly, want 2 know more abt him...tfs
vinee_vinee thumbnail

Originally posted by: tinatartari

Yeah half Hindu and Half Muslim
vinee_vinee thumbnail

Originally posted by: IFVJ

no hight weight stat ... just kidding

I took this kidding of yours quiet seriously and lol posted his vital stats...only basic ones there. But it was a surprise that he is 6 ft but it is mentioned on two distinct websites as i dont find him so tall
aasmaan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vinee_vinee

I took this kidding of yours quiet seriously and lol posted his vital stats...only basic ones there. But it was a surprise that he is 6 ft but it is mentioned on two distinct websites as i dont find him so tall

true, he does not look 6 ft, just slighthly taller than Sangeeta
vinee_vinee thumbnail

Added more in the post.
pageant101 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for this updated info.
tinatartari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
61 kg at 6 feet...omg he z so slim...
if he z 6 then sangeeta must b 5,11..she z so tall...
nd I saw his family pic wid big b on the net smwhr nd he ws looking v short compared 2 him
vinee_vinee thumbnail

61 kg at 6 feet...omg he z so slim...
if he z 6 then sangeeta must b 5,11..she z so tall...
nd I saw his family pic wid big b on the net smwhr nd he ws looking v short compared 2 him

same here...i was also surprised that he is 6 feet and i think its a wrong information but just put ruslaan mumtaz height and you will get multiple sites quoting the same height.