I have been offered a film with Farhan Akhtar - Kareena Kapoor

Cursed~n~Broken thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Action films don't excite me much: Kareena

Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan might star opposite Farhan Akhtar in a biopic on renowned Urdu poet and Hindi lyricist Sahir Ludhianvi.

Akhtar will play the legendary songwriter and Kareena is likely to reprise the role of Amrita Pritam, who was the love interest of Ludhianvi.

"I have been offered the film and I am still in the process of reading it, I am going through it," Kareena said.

This film will be produced by Ashi Dua and directed by Jasmeet Reen. Kareena had earlier walked out of one of Zoya Akhtar's film but that hasn't strained her relation either with Zoya or Farhan.

"Its an actor's prerogative and choice to do a film or not. And I am friendly with Zoya and Farhan... They are wonderful, they keep offering me films. And it is an actor's choice which film to do and not," she said.

It was learnt that Kareena will have to build a tough physique for Karan Johar's next production film 'Shuddhi'.

Ask her if she would ever take up a role where she need to do something challenging physically, Kareena said, "I don't like action films, they don't excite me much. So I don't know ... not sure. I did it once in 'Tashan' and that is enough.

"Size zero is over, people like me the way I am now," she said.

In 'Shuddhi' she is paired opposite Hrithik Roshan after a long time.

Meanwhile, there are reports that Priyadarshan is making a movie based on the life of Kunjali Marakkar, a valiant warrior. Mohanlal has been roped in for the main role and rumours suggest that the director is keen on casting Kareena opposite the South superstar.

But the 33-year-old actress rubbished all such reports and said she can't even speak Malayalam. "I haven't got the offer. I don't think I will do a Malayalam (film). I get many offers from South but I get scared to work as I can't speak Tamil, Telugu," she adds.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
It's legit then.
Bebo may plug in her name via PR like other actresses BUT she never gives a false statement herself. That can backfire badly.
She recently denied being offered Bharjatia's film. So why would she lie for this one?

Now that that is cleared up...for the love of God...sign it!
The most amazing thing about the statement, is that she said 'SHES READING THE SCRIPT" LMAO!
Scripts i remember her mentioning reading include 3 Idiots and Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu in recent times, so hopefully its intrigued her that much! 
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wow. my mom is a huge fan of amrita pritam. i need to get her opinion on this casting lol
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

So its true. I thought its another PR ploy. Anyways she wont do it. Case closed.

rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
OMFG..Bebo actually reads the script?😲😆 Just sign the damn movie already😆
Was just reading about Amrita Pritam.
Shes a punjabi writer and Novelist. She is also said to have an unrequited affection for poet Sahir, who left her for a woman called Sudha Malhotra.

Rasidi Ticket (Amritas Autobiography) mentions their love story.

I can actually imagine bebo essaying her onscreen!

On the love affair with Amrita Pritam (source - Wikipedia)
Sahir, who remained a bachelor all his life, had two failed love affairs that made him an embittered man. He shared a passionate affair with Amrita Pritam, and to prove his love he once built a mansion infront of her home to prove to her father that he could afford a house. Amrita was said to be so besotted that she doodled his name hundreds of times on a sheet of paper at press conferences. Sahir would puff away with his cigarettes, and after he left, Amrita would smoke the cigarette butts left by him. After his death, she hoped the smoke from her cigarettes would meet him in the other world.
pakeezah thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cursed~n~Broken

On the love affair with Amrita Pritam (source - Wikipedia)
Sahir, who remained a bachelor all his life, had two failed love affairs that made him an embittered man. He shared a passionate affair with Amrita Pritam, and to prove his love he once built a mansion infront of her home to prove to her father that he could afford a house. Amrita was said to be so besotted that she doodled his name hundreds of times on a sheet of paper at press conferences. Sahir would puff away with his cigarettes, and after he left, Amrita would smoke the cigarette butts left by him. After his death, she hoped the smoke from her cigarettes would meet him in the other world.

After hisdeath she hope the smoke from her cigarettes would meet him in the other world. and
then what, come back to inform her that they had met him and he sends back his regards?

so they or one of them was a poet but this is taking poetry too far.!!!