Please don't do this Please

_Manali_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Would you like to burn Crackers this Diwali ?

please don't do this please

Traditionally, we in India celebrate Diwali with lot of enthusiasm & energy. Lighting crackers is a fun, apart from historical importance.

But, keeping in view the factors like safety of human lives (every diwaly hundreds of human lives are lost/injured across the country, pollution caused by the chemicals  & Money spent (where millions in the country can't afford proper food):

Is it right to burst crackers (particularly the bombs)???

It can lead to headaches & reduced mental acuity when it reaches the level of 100 ppm.

It has much more severe effects in people with heart, respiratory or nervous system disorders.
 Increase amount of noise has harmful effects on animals as well as humans. 
 It results in smog which can reduce visibility thereby leading to accidents as well as is toxic if inhaled.

Bursting crackers is very harmful to health, as it contains Sulfer. Fresh air contains oxygen and when we burn crackers it causes air pollution which is very harmful to health. Old-aged people may suffer with Heart Attack or severe pains due to loud sound produced by bombs.

Also some pets get frightened and run away from home. Now days, parents are encouraging small kids to burn crackers without any protection and letting them burn rockets and big bombs which is very dangerous.

& the most important  that these crackers are made by child labors 

children get injured while making these crackers. They burn their hands, legs and eyes. 

Edited by ilove..sidyusha - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

milindrose thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
im not interested in crackers but kids like to burn but this yr it is high inflation so leass crackerswill burn i wish it happens 👍🏼
Nandita_Siddian thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for this awesome post Manu..🤗...i never used sound crackers i always prefer fire/light  crackers...infact now in kolkata there are  too many restriction have introduced by kolkata police on usage of sound crackers...so there is no way to use sound crackers in this  Dewali...😊
seetha74 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Our children are fortunate to be part of the privileged few that can afford firecrackers. But there are numerous children who are employed by the firecracker industry, who sit late into the night making crackers for our children to burn in an instant. Firecrackers are made using harmful chemicals and acids, and these children work from dawn to dusk, breathing such harmful fumes and coming into constant skin contact with the acids. They burn their hands, legs and eyes, and many get maimed for life. The conditions they work in are inhuman, and the compensation, pitiful.One Diwali night causes as much damage to the ecology as regular pollution does over the span of a year. 
 A few schools around the country are encouraging their students not to burn firecrackers. Perhaps it's time we do  the same. 
This Diwali make a pledge to reduce environmental pollution, not increase it!

Edited by SEETHA.K - 10 years ago
jrmahuli thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Great post dear!!!
I'll surely not burn crackers!!! 😊 😊  😊
N Happy Diwali!!! 😊
Edited by jrmahuli - 10 years ago
BeyondTheSky thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Very apt message Manu 😊
will surely try to minimize it.
HemaG thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
last year...we had less...
and this year..we quit using crackers...

tahts safe for us and everyone...

the one who are using..try to reduce it yr by yr..

we did the same...and now we are not interested...even children...

instead we got many dresses and gave it to orphans...

great post manu...

happy diwali..!!...
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for this post, Manu
Its a good thing that increased awareness is growing in India against the use of crackers.

Fortunately for me, I live in a place where bursting firecrackers are illegal but still someone or the other manages to break the rules and it still results in big accidents, especially when they end up doing it in the secrecy of apartments. 

_Manali_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jrmahuli

Great post dear!!!
I'll surely not burn crackers!!! 😊 😊  😊

N Happy Diwali!!! 😊

Thank you so much dear...🤗
My purpose in making this post is successful.
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Nice thought 😊
I don't burst crackers for Diwali either.😊

But unfortunately the otherside of the story is that people make a living out of making those crackers

I wish there is way where everyone can be happy