Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coolsonu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Even Nasser Hussain said that "if i was in Inzi's boots, I wud hav done the same thing and that Inzi was not wrong in anything that he did on the fourth day of the Oval Test.He said that it was not a matter of winning the match, or the 5 runs, it was about pride and honour of the whole nation.And when Pride and Honour of a nation is at stake,one shud not think for the benefit of the game."
coolsonu thumbnail

Originally posted by: koshmic

Pak bowlers are oftenly in news for ball tampering. i even saw tape of waquar yonis tampering the ball.

but here none of the camera shoot any player with this thing. if I had Haq i would defenitly walked from the field with my players for wrong decision its not matter of 5 runs its the issue of respect.

EXACTLY! I mean in Waqar, Wasim, Shoaib Akhtar,Sachin Tendulkar,Rahul Dravid case, there were video clips as proof.But in this case, none of the 26 cameras of the Sky television caught anything.Then how come Hair,all of a sudden cud take action against Pak???
Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail
huh!?!?!

ok!!!

If the ball was tampered, then why wasn't that scratch shown to the media??? When they were changing the ball, that's all what we saw, and it was clear that it wasn't tampered. plus there are 26 cameras in the stadium, watching every player and every move of them!!! Why any of the cameras didn't catch any player doing anything to the ball!!??

He might have gone by the "rules" but the way he went, was wrong. He insulted a team, and the nation. When a person hasn't done tampering then who is he to say with so much confidence that the ball is tampered?? It's a 55 overs old ball!!! What do you expect???

Agar, ball has to be changed, it is the fielding team's captain who asks for a change not the batsmen or the umpire. He didn't gave any warning, or any indication that ball is been changed, he just changed it. Inzi himself went to him and asks what is going on.

Hair as been racists for a very long time. And it is high time he is kicked out, he can take his pride and do umpiring in a rugby match. There are many good and just umpires in ICC.

The final decision is in ICC's hand, and by their statements and all, I don't think they will make Hair the culprit. They will obviously side him!!!

But as for Inzi, he is a strong man, and he took the very right step!!!!
Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 17 years ago
coolsonu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms. Bholi Bhali

huh!?!?!

ok!!!

If the ball was tampered, then why wasn't that scratch to the media??? When they were changing the ball, that's all what we saw, and it was clear that it wasn't tampered. plus there are 26 cameras in the stadium, watching every player and every move of them!!! Why any of the cameras didn't catch any player doing anything to the ball!!??

He might have gone by the "rules" but the way he went, was wrong. He insulted a team, and the nation. When a person hasn't done tampering then who is he to say with so much confidence that the ball is tampered?? It's a 55 overs old ball!!! What do you expect???

Agar, ball has to be changed, it is the fielding team's captain who asks for a change not the batsmen or the umpire. He didn't gave any warning, or any indication that ball is been changed, he just changed it. Inzi himself went to him and asks what is going on.

Hair as been racists for a very long time. And it is high time he is kicked out, he can take his pride and do umpiring in a rugby match. There are many good and just umpires in ICC.

The final decision is in ICC's hand, and by their statements and all, I don't think they will make Hair the culprit. They will obviously side him!!!

But as for Inzi, he is a strong man, and he took the very right step!!!!

I agree wid u 100000%!
Hair cud not change the ball without informing the fielding captain!
As for Inzi, I support him and wat he did was righht!cozz it was not a matter of a win or a match, it was a matter of the whole nation's HONOUR!

I too think that ICC will defend itz umpire....and wud not penalise Hair!Which is totally uNFAIR!
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: sree

Vijay here, talks about umpires being in the Pre independence era. What do u exactly mean by this? Do u think we should alter the rules of the game as and when the players want it? Do we not have a set of rules for every game?

Sree, I didnt mean "all umpires" except few whose certain decisions have been quite controversial. By Pre-Independence era I meant to highlight the injustice that was done on the Indians and Pakistanis under the British Raj and they could have got away with it. Today its different ball game altogether. BCCI is the richest cricket board in the world.

Do u think we should alter the rules of the game as and when the players want it?

Did I say that ? Infact I also said that the way they protested it was not appropriate even though the reason of protest was valid. But rules are not something which is fixed always. There have been regular changes in the Cricket rule book from time to time to adjust with modern times and to fill up the lacunas of the game and to take advantage of the available technological aid to ensure fair play.

Well wait for Friday and lets see what the ICC enquiry has to say about it.

Cheers,
Vijay

coolsonu thumbnail
I dont think ICC will take any action against Hair....coz he is ICC umpire and ICC will defend him..
I believe there shud b sum neutral court{not occupied by ICC}who wud listen to ICC and the other side{the teams} and then, give itz decision.
Here, Umpire bhi ICC ka, faisla bhi ICC ka!
Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolsonu

I dont think ICC will take any action against Hair....coz he is ICC umpire and ICC will defend him..
I believe there shud b sum neutral court{not occupied by ICC}who wud listen to ICC and the other side{the teams} and then, give itz decision.
Here, Umpire bhi ICC ka, faisla bhi ICC ka!

and who will it??

coolsonu thumbnail

no....I wuz just expressing my feeling that there shud b another court!
But of course, they cannot change the whole system for one incident
annu1611 thumbnail
That is sooo true!What is up with the ICC??How could they possibly be so racist?!?
anjali.nair thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bhaskar.T

Cricket has some rules and I feel if those are not followed or implemented by the umpires properly then players might get a bit leeway with the umpires. 

Yes!! Cricket has some rules.

As per the ICC's rulebook, Law 5 governing Test-Playing Conditions reads, in relevant part, thus: "The umpires shall retain possession of the match balls throughout the duration of the match when play is not actually taking place. During play umpires shall periodically and irregularly inspect the condition of the ball and shall retain possession of it at the fall of a wicket, a drinks interval, at the end of every over, or any other disruption in play." (This rule was posted in another website. I apologize for not providing the link as I don't  remember it now.)

Do umpires do that? If they do then did they ever find any of these accused tampering or shining the ball?