Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 17 years ago
well i think the umpires went a bit over board by what they had dont there was no reason to do this but i would also like to say that i dont agree with what the pakistani team did either by stayin the the dressing room and not coming out instead they should have called a break and talked about this with the umpires if they were making a stand then why did they later come out and want to caryy on. Although the umpires were at fault to begin with the Paksitani team did not conduct in the correct manner either
koenigbobo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

IMHO blaming the Pakistani team on account of Ball Tampering charges without any evidence to prove it. I am sure all the players know that they are continously watched and all their actions recorded so they will surely not do any such mistake in modern times.

However I do NOT agree with the way they protested by staying in the dressing room and not showing up on the ground.

Instead they should have asked for sometime from the umpires so that they can discuss the matter with their senior PCB officials who accompanies the team in their tour, ICC officials and ECB (England Cricket Board) officials.

It seems that some umpires still lives in Pre-Independence Era of the sub-continent when the British used to rule the land. 😆 Someone please WAKE them up.

Cheers,
Vijay

Brits juzz dun wanna accept the truth buddy ! asian teams r more talented thn british or any other and it wont make any diff if they discuss this matter with ICC , PCB or ECB. They cant take any big action against umpires .Shoro se aisa kiya he unhon ne ! i think pakistani team hs made a rite decision.

But am sure pakis gonna take der revenge in ODIs 😆😉

Pachu.P thumbnail
This is rediculous!...Bob..the umpire...4got his name...should've contacted 3rd empire b4 giving the decision and as far as pakistan team is concernet..i sooo am with them...they are right this time...also they should've told the umpires to check w/3rd empire then decide together..not 1 empire alone!

That's rediculous!
bluemangos thumbnail
I can garantee that if the English team was suspected of ball tampering the umpires wouldnt have taken it seriuosly.

My point is ...

- Asian teams have been allegated for ball tampering in the past but never a non asian team

- Murali had was highly critisied by the ICC for chucking the ball but yet when shane warne and brett lee were suspected the ICC changed the rules and allowed a 15 degree bend.

- THere are more non - asian umpires in the world

- The ICC is filled with white men who have never played international matches and yet decide what rules of the game should be

I mean its just not fair, You can suspect them but not alleged them for something you have no evidence for. For all we know england could have tampered the ball in a prior session.

I have always have been biased and at some extent a little bit racist against countries.
sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

OK, i have gone thro' all the points written by members here... I must admit before writing my opinion here, that my reply is going to be totally different to what has been talked here in this thread!!!😆

To begin with,  let me admit here that i am a big big fan of Cricket.... 😳

Now, I would say that Darrel Hair was not wrong at all, in what he did..... He went by the rules, by the book... So what is wrong in it? He abided to whatever is written in the Rules of Cricket...

The rule says that whenever a team does not come back to the playing area after a break in the stipulated time, they will not be pardoned... So what different did Hair do? He waited for the Paki team , till the time he could wait according to the rules... When he did not see the team coming out, he took it as "Match Forfetied". Is this not the rule Cricket has? So why do we base this issue as an Asia Vs English/Australian controversy? Why do we think about the past and compare things?

It was plain simple. The ball looked as though it was tampered to Hair... So being the umpire, he has every right to take the decision he needed to take... Now, the umpires know very well when the ball is tampered and when the ball is discolioured or lost its  shape due to the hit against the rough surfaces... Its very easy for us to talk about rules, very easy for us to say that the umpire cannot know when the ball is tampered... But the fact remains that they have a clear knowldege of everything, only then they are umpires at the highest level...

I agree that its been Asian teams who have been accused of ball tampering in the past... So does it mean that other nations are deliberately framing Asia with this issue always?

If Pakistani team were talking to the officials about the alleged tampering of the ball in the break, did they not have to come otu once the break time ended? Was it fair on their part to make the umpires and the Englad batsman to come, wait there in the middle, with no signs of them coming out? Is this justified? If they had to talk about this issue, they could have talked about it after the match ended. Afterall, the match was surely in their favour. Or they could have left the talking to be done by their sneior officials , as they resumed duty in the field... Was it good on part of Oakistanis to have restrained from entering the playing area even after the stipulated tea break? Is this a good sign for cricket? If yes, then why do we need rules for a certain game? We can as well play the game without any rules, as and how each player or team wants.... My opinion in this is, whatever be the case, Pakistanis were at fault for not entering the playing area after the break... They surely needed the punishment to this, as per the rule book. This is what Hair gave them, fair enough.....

Vijay here, talks about umpires being in the Pre independence era. What do u exactly mean by this? Do u think we should alter the rules of the game as and when the players want it? Do we not have a set of rules for every game? If you follow tennis, there is a rule there, like this... When a player does not get back to playing within the stipulated break, which is taken after every 2 games, he is penalised for it... So what do you have to say to this? I am giving this example here just bcos,as players, every team needs to abide to certain rules... Whatever be the situation, the team needs to follow that. So to me, the pakis were wrong when they moved out of the rule book by staying in the pavilion even after the breaktime....

I know many might not agree to me, but i have openly voiced my opnion here... To me, Darrel Hair is one of the bravest umpires we have today... He did not care about what media and people will say about his decision. He knows his work, he knows his job, he knows what he did, he knows he went by the book.... At the end of the day, that is what it matters... Cricket is to be placed higher, this is what he did... He was fair to the game of cricket.... 😳

khoo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I just feel that the umpire Darrel Hai is a racist against asians!!

I mean i have noticed that a lot, he was that one to do that with india and srilanka also!!

I mean this is not happening for the first time and why is it always against south asian teams!!

I think pakistan did good by walking out, I was watching this in the news, and i was really surprised this happened!

THis will be one controversial issue for sure, and i'm sure there will be some verdict taking on it!

This is only my opinion... I'm sure mine members feel the other way, so no offense there!

Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Sree I agree with you completely. 100%.

What rule did Hair break? He actually went with the rule books. I am sure if he had gone the other way round the question would have arised "Why did he not follow the rule books and went with emotional decision"

Cricket has some rules and I feel if those are not followed or implemented by the umpires properly then players might get a bit leeway with the umpires.

And why blame just Hair? He did not take the decision himself be it of ball tampering or giving the match away to England. It was a collective decision of the umpires.

Umpires have to follow the laws and the playing conditions as they are written. I feel it's wrong to fault Hair on this occasion.

coolsonu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I support the Pakistan Team!
The umpires saw the ball's changed condition and just assumed that a Pakistani must have done it! 😕
Did Hair see someone doing sumthing to the ball?If he saw, then why didnt he point out??Does he have any proof that the ball was tampered by Pakistan????!
koshmic thumbnail
Pak bowlers are oftenly in news for ball tampering. i even saw tape of waquar yonis tampering the ball.

but here none of the camera shoot any player with this thing. if I had Haq i would defenitly walked from the field with my players for wrong decision its not matter of 5 runs its the issue of respect.
coolsonu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Bhaskar.T

Sree I agree with you completely. 100%.

What rule did Hair break? He actually went with the rule books. I am sure if he had gone the other way round the question would have arised "Why did he not follow the rule books and went with emotional decision"

Cricket has some rules and I feel if those are not followed or implemented by the umpires properly then players might get a bit leeway with the umpires.

And why blame just Hair? He did not take the decision himself be it of ball tampering or giving the match away to England. It was a collective decision of the umpires.

Umpires have to follow the laws and the playing conditions as they are written. I feel it's wrong to fault Hair on this occasion.

First of all, Hair did sumthing wrong! Itz not me or the members saying that.......the former cricketers are saying that! Nasser Hussain,Ian Botham,Mike Atherton,David Gower,Michael Holding,Rameez Raja,Imran Khan....etc.All r saying that Hair WAS wrong.
Pakistan have been accused for 2 things:
1)ball tampering
2)bringing game to disrepute.

Now, Hair was wrong about the first one!On-field umpires have the authority to change the ball if it has become worn out...
During the match, Hair and Doctrove examined the ball.It had a few scratches.Then wat they did was that, they signalled the 4th umpire to bring the box of balls without informing inzamam.!the 4th umpire came and Hair gave the box to the batsmen to choose a ball....THEN Inzamam himself came and asked wat had happened and why the ball is being changed...!! Then some convos took place b/w the umpires and Inzi, and after that, Hair gave 5 penalty runs to England.Wen 5 runs were given, then Inzi came to know dat his team was being accused of Tampering!!!!!!

Where Hair was wrong?!:-

The rules say that the umpires can change the ball if its worn out.
But awarding 5 runs meant that Hair accused Pak of Tampering!
Now the rules say "if the umpire sees that the fielding team was doing sumthing wrong to the ball, then they shud inform and warn the captain of the fielding side."{whereas in this case, Hair did not do so!}

Secondly, if the umpire sees some change in the ball, he cannot assume that it must hav been done by the fielding side...and thus, he cannot take any action against them unless he sees someone tampering it!

Wat Hair shud have done is that:

When he saw the ball's condition, he shud not have assumed that Pak team wud have done it....unless he saw sumbuddy doing it.! And if he saw sumbuddy doing it, then he shud have gone to that person and warned him and he shud also have informed and thus, warned Inzi that your team is doing sumthing unfair.{but Hair did not do that}

Then, if he or the other umpire wud have noticed a team member doing the same thing again despite of the warning......only then, he cud have taken any action against the team!

There were around 26 cameras of Sky television, but none of them caught anything.

Hope now u know wat Hair did wrong!
And, p.s.

watever I wrote, are not my words......it is all wat the former cricketers explained.{Michael Atherton,Ian Botham,David Gower and most of all, Nasser Hussain!}