Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mitra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: greenteaholic

No, I am no poet. Just string some words to summarize the chapter :)

That is what she was trying to say, dude! That the 'string of some words' are in reality a haiku! 😆 which you apparently seem to be good at.
meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Necessity is a beautiful piece. I love to see Khushi penned down in a way that makes her just as deep but doesn't take away that spunk that is inherently her? I won't even begin to compare this to the show - that's gully cricket - this is test cricket at its finest - excuse the sports metaphors important day today and all that.

I'm reading and will keep leaving my thoughts behind when I can. Like I said before in another life - you should be writing professionally and if you were headed to be a pauper - writing is in trouble!!
meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Ah scratch that!! Scars is just as perfectly told.

You know the best part - I don't feel like I am reading a story / about people and their lives and loves - I feel like I am talking to someone close. It's a strange feeling. It's like someone too my thoughts spin gold with it and have it back under a cloak I can't see bit can feel securely around the gold

Rumpelstiltskin is that your name?
1chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Each chapter is a beautiful piece of writing.
Its a shame you don't have more readers.

But then its their loss.

Love the way you have written each chapter.

StripePurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: greenteaholic

Arguably there are moments which made her see him past his harsh exterior but everything else he does just bypasses his good side. He isn't a mentally unstable person. He can make a choice. And he chooses to pull-push her, be handsy with her, be up in her personal space.

If their interactions had toned down more than what they did, would she still like him?

I understand why you are asking this question. Your writing is so totally different from the show that it would be a completely unfair comparison, but I can see how you take the basic characters and explore this question in Scars. Why they (she, especially) would like each other. Getting a glimpse of each other's vulnerabilities is a start on the way to acceptance, and death of loved ones is the biggest chink in the armour that both of them usually wear for the world. Death makes them equals, it sort of justifies a connection which is inexplicable in every other way. I loved all the contrasts you used in this one- there were quite a few. 

Completely unrelated, but I couldn't leave without quoting this from a personal favourite, The English Patient. 
"A love story is not about those who lose their heart but about those who find that sullen inhabitant who, when it is stumbled upon, means the body can fool no one, can fool nothing - not the wisdom of sleep or the habit of social graces. It is a consuming of oneself and the past. "

greenteaholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you.
Shruti21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: 1chilly

Each chapter is a beautiful piece of writing.

Its a shame you don't have more readers.

But then its their loss.

Love the way you have written each chapter.

-when a writer have you as a reader, they don't need any1 else.. hehehe
greenteaholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: meera30

Necessity is a beautiful piece. I love to see Khushi penned down in a way that makes her just as deep but doesn't take away that spunk that is inherently her? I won't even begin to compare this to the show - that's gully cricket - this is test cricket at its finest - excuse the sports metaphors important day today and all that.

I'm reading and will keep leaving my thoughts behind when I can. Like I said before in another life - you should be writing professionally and if you were headed to be a pauper - writing is in trouble!!

The spunk, I believe, is a retrograde mask which comes on and off with passing moments. Its in her way to ignore the blatant rejection or the self-deprecating jokes at the thinly veiled insults but she, I feel, isn't just all that. I see it more like a defense mechanism and way to keep people at arms length - a way to keep from people asking her questions.

greenteaholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: meera30

Ah scratch that!! Scars is just as perfectly told.

You know the best part - I don't feel like I am reading a story / about people and their lives and loves - I feel like I am talking to someone close. It's a strange feeling. It's like someone too my thoughts spin gold with it and have it back under a cloak I can't see bit can feel securely around the gold

Rumpelstiltskin is that your name?

No, not Rumpelstiltskin but red riding hood I suppose - the one who moronically(?) wares red over cloak in a green forest, acting like a beacon for all the monsters out there. She was perfect jail-bait for the big bad wolf. [Like how cops go undercover to lure in predators!]

Anyway, I digress.

Take away the layers. Peel of the masks. Scrub the skin of lies that we tell. Shed away defense shields. Burn down the walls. And then, lets talk. This is when I believe two people will know if they can be together in all real sense and not just the rom-com-last ten minutes angst way.
greenteaholic thumbnail