Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

greenteaholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: StripePurple

You actually managed to explain, almost rationally, the very arbitrary interactions between Arnav and Khushi. Calling that 'Aphelion' is such a brilliant idea. It's like saying 'break ke baad' in a much more erudite way.πŸ˜† 

I was surprised to read Payal's perspective in #9. Usually one gets Anjali as the sibling-with-eyes, but the choice of Payal was interesting. She "pretends" to understand, and patiently waits for the storm to pass. She reminds me of the wall you bounce a ball against when you need to think. It is such an apt characterisation. 

I went "Bravo!" after reading #10. But, also a little sad and worried. It's hard to fathom these two, and their immense capability and sheer willingness to hurt each other.  You know it's going to gut you, but cannot help being fascinated all the same. 

GTH, you are in top form.

...almost rationally! Yeah, the sum of all doesn't make a whole but holes in a whole :-)
And this also is an interlude...of sorts, I suppose.

Payal is most under utilized character and so is Akash. Anjali is fine where she is but her perspective was plain wishy-washy and one dimensional. Payal is a good listener and that is head canon as I understand.

Thanks SP.

BTW, Sandman movie is official. Thanks Ivre for sharing this news!
StripePurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: greenteaholic

...almost rationally! Yeah, the sum of all doesn't make a whole but holes in a whole :-)
And this also is an interlude...of sorts, I suppose.

Payal is most under utilized character and so is Akash. Anjali is fine where she is but her perspective was plain wishy-washy and one dimensional. Payal is a good listener and that is head canon as I understand.

Thanks SP.

BTW, Sandman movie is official. Thanks Ivre for sharing this news!

Dekha! Yay!!! But, *fingers crossed for not-another-Stardust*
archana.mh17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I have been following Heartbeat Radio & I have to say its brilliance! You are a genius! You work magic with your words! I like how your story almost seems like an amalgam of what was & what should have been in the show!

I have liked every single one of the previous chapters, but my favourite will have to be the one where Khushi tells Arnav off for making Lavanya go through a 'training' to become a perfect Raizada daughter-in-law(I still wonder what the hell the creatives were thinking when they came up with that idea-it worked well for Arnav & Khushi is highly irrelevant)! What I liked about that piece is how true it is to them in terms of how they have this ability to hurt each other & they know, exactly how to go about doing that!
   But, the interlude stands in a class of its own-what you've written just makes sense, you know, with respect to Arnav-Khushi's relationship! Its a relationship that, really did depend, heavily on what was unsaid, what small minute detail they saw in each other's behaviour that nobody else did! Your comparing that to a kaleidoscope just makes sense! What I like about Heartbeat Radio is perhaps how much I love where the story is now as much as I'm curious to see where its leading! Also, each chapter is as good even as a stand-alone & each of them is enjoyable!
greenteaholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: ivre

From the time reflected in the wall clock to the color of the bed sheet and the angle of the plant leaf...

Well, if you put it that way... :-)
greenteaholic thumbnail

Dekha! Yay!!! But, *fingers crossed for not-another-Stardust*

Stardust wasn't too bad but I guess the enchantment element of Gaiman's language was lost in adaptation. I was hoping they would make a series like Game of thrones, you know? Each volume telecast as a mini-series. Looks like it will be a movie series...
StripePurple thumbnail

Stardust wasn't too bad but I guess the enchantment element of Gaiman's language was lost in adaptation. I was hoping they would make a series like Game of thrones, you know? Each volume telecast as a mini-series. Looks like it will be a movie series...

I detested Stardust. TV series or movie series, I just can't imagine Gordon-Levitt as Morpheus. Hope he's not doing it himself. We should do a dream-casting one day. I nominate Adrien Brody...there's something about his face.
greenteaholic thumbnail

I detested Stardust. TV series or movie series, I just can't imagine Gordon-Levitt as Morpheus. Hope he's not doing it himself. We should do a dream-casting one day. I nominate Adrien Brody...there's something about his face.

We totally should!

Whenever I think about Corinthian, Elijah Wood comes to my mind. Remember Kevin from Sin City? Adrien Brody is good physically and looks stoned generally - which in this case is a good look but his voice isn't something I am fan of.

I am all for JGL...been a fan since the days of 3rd rock from the sun but Sandman trumps over that and unsure how it will be!
StripePurple thumbnail

We totally should!

Whenever I think about Corinthian, Elijah Wood comes to my mind. Remember Kevin from Sin City? Adrien Brody is good physically and looks stoned generally - which in this case is a good look but his voice isn't something I am fan of.

I am all for JGL...been a fan since the days of 3rd rock from the sun but Sandman trumps over that and unsure how it will be!

I like JGL, but he's just not Morpheus. Nope.

Jude Law for Lucifer.

& we should probably take this to the scrapbook. IF CoC and all that.πŸ˜† 
greenteaholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: archana.mh17

I have been following Heartbeat Radio & I have to say its brilliance! You are a genius! You work magic with your words! I like how your story almost seems like an amalgam of what was & what should have been in the show!

I have liked every single one of the previous chapters, but my favourite will have to be the one where Khushi tells Arnav off for making Lavanya go through a 'training' to become a perfect Raizada daughter-in-law(I still wonder what the hell the creatives were thinking when they came up with that idea-it worked well for Arnav & Khushi is highly irrelevant)! What I liked about that piece is how true it is to them in terms of how they have this ability to hurt each other & they know, exactly how to go about doing that!
   But, the interlude stands in a class of its own-what you've written just makes sense, you know, with respect to Arnav-Khushi's relationship! Its a relationship that, really did depend, heavily on what was unsaid, what small minute detail they saw in each other's behaviour that nobody else did! Your comparing that to a kaleidoscope just makes sense! What I like about Heartbeat Radio is perhaps how much I love where the story is now as much as I'm curious to see where its leading! Also, each chapter is as good even as a stand-alone & each of them is enjoyable!

Thanks Archana!

I am sticking to a storyline from now on and deviating from the show completely. Else it will be just as confusing and I guess not all that original, isn't it? I gave some words to explain what remained unsaid in the show and now all that is out of the way and we can move on with the story :-)

Thanks!
greenteaholic thumbnail