Elena Gilbert - Will I Ever Like You?

Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

*Takes a deep breath*

That girl needs some serious help. One, she absolutely sucks at convincing other people and herself that she has no feelings for Stefan in that way anymore (and it's all Damon for her *rolls eyes*).. and two, she definitely sucks at sorting out her life and her priorities.

The whole 'But I love YOU, Damon' dialogue is getting very tiring. My heart has never broken more for Damon than it does when she spews that crap out of her mouth. Even Damon knows that it's not true, hence the insecurities. I applaud him for being such a sport even after finding out that his girlfriend has been dreaming of her ex, as in his very own brother while she was in rolling the sheets with him, and also after the crazy doppleganger destined love story Ketsia decided to share with him.. If I was him, hell would've been broken loose by now in Mystic effin Falls. Man, I miss the first two seasons or so of TVD. That was a good storyline. πŸ˜”

And that doppleganger destined love story thing? 🀣🀣 WHAT. ON. EARTH. IS. GOING ON? Was Katherine and Elena not enough that we have ANOTHER lookalike that was in love with the lookalike of Stefan? I swear this show needs to be renamed to 'The Doppleganger Diaries'. Gimme a break please. I'm sick of all these lookalikes. It's too supernatural. I didn't think that was possible for a supernatural show but congratulations TVD, you've done that. *shakes head*

But anyway.. the real reason I had opened the thread was because of the trailer of tomorrow's episode in which Elena is so upset that Damon hasn't informed Stefan of who she is.. WHAT THE EFF LADY? I'm beginning to think that either she has Multiple Personality Disorder or I'm just hallucinating the DE love story. Honestly, I am hella confused. And let's think reasonably for a minute shall we cause apparently Miss. Gilbert cant? What does she expect Damon to tell Stefan exactly? That Elena is the lookalike of the girl they both loved once upon a time.. and they both happened to fall in love with Elena as well and Stefan was dating her but Elena dumped him to be with Damon? 😳 Yeah, no stress Damon.*shakes head* Geez Elena. Use your brain for once.

That's my much needed rant.. 🀣

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Smileyface thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Agreed!
You know when the show first started I thought her character would have potential and it did for a while but then it just went down the drain. She got really annoying with the constant whining and crying about Stefan and Damon and her family. Like shut up and do something! And i thought she would get better after turning into a vampire but instead she got even more annoying (if that's even possible!). And her flip flopping between the two is so annoying! Pick one and stick to him! Gosh! Now though, i feel she doesn't deserve either one of them. They both can do so much better! But the whole "destiny always got Stefan and Elena together" track is really weird. As much as i love SE...i want stefan to be with someone else and damon to be with someone else. Elena should just stay alone LOL but that's hoping for a lot. 

Edited by Smileyface - 10 years ago
TVD-IANcrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
😭

Originally posted by: Angel-Jot.

*Takes a deep breath*

That girl needs some serious help. One, she absolutely sucks at convincing other people and herself that she has no feelings for Stefan in that way anymore (and it's all Damon for her *rolls eyes*).. and two, she definitely sucks at sorting out her life and her priorities.

The whole 'But I love YOU, Damon' dialogue is getting very tiring. My heart has never broken more for Damon than it does when she spews that crap out of her mouth. Even Damon knows that it's not true, hence the insecurities. I applaud him for being such a sport even after finding out that his girlfriend has been dreaming of her ex, as in his very own brother while she was in rolling the sheets with him, and also after the crazy doppleganger destined love story Ketsia decided to share with him.. If I was him, hell would've been broken loose by now in Mystic effin Falls. Man, I miss the first two seasons or so of TVD. That was a good storyline. πŸ˜”

And that doppleganger destined love story thing? 🀣🀣 WHAT. ON. EARTH. IS. GOING ON? Was Katherine and Elena not enough that we have ANOTHER lookalike that was in love with the lookalike of Stefan? I swear this show needs to be renamed to 'The Doppleganger Diaries'. Gimme a break please. I'm sick of all these lookalikes. It's too supernatural. I didn't think that was possible for a supernatural show but congratulations TVD, you've done that. *shakes head*

But anyway.. the real reason I had opened the thread was because of the trailer of tomorrow's episode in which Elena is so upset that Damon hasn't informed Stefan of who she is.. WHAT THE EFF LADY? I'm beginning to think that either she has Multiple Personality Disorder or I'm just hallucinating the DE love story. Honestly, I am hella confused. And let's think reasonably for a minute shall we cause apparently Miss. Gilbert cant? What does she expect Damon to tell Stefan exactly? That Elena is the lookalike of the girl they both loved once upon a time.. and they both happened to fall in love with Elena as well and Stefan was dating her but Elena dumped him to be with Damon? 😳 Yeah, no stress Damon.*shakes head* Geez Elena. Use your brain for once.

That's my much needed rant.. 🀣

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
aaarrghhh...i am just so tired of all these doppleganger crap...Elena dear just don't do it so often that it becomes so annoying. 😑😑 I love how Damon see her flaws, but somehow just look past. why cant we see him happy for one single episode 😭😭 I agree the previous seasons were way better than this...i was so excited for DELENA...guess have to stop expecting.. 😭
Edited by KaBhi_KaSh - 10 years ago
theloupgaroux thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

So Damon didn't think it was necessary to tell Stefan about his relationship with Elena.. why am I not surprised? πŸ˜† But I guess I understand why he didn't. Can you imagine how awkward that conversation would be?

"Hey Stefan! Meet my girlfriend, Elena Gilbert. She used to be your girlfriend actually - you even called her the love of your life - but then I decided that I wanted what you had and I did everything in my power to win her fair and square and destroy your happiness. Which I did. Sorry bro!" 

🀣

Now right now in Stefan's mind they both have a clean slate but sooner or later he'll get his memories back and he WILL remember everything. I hope they take this time to feel guilty about what they've done to him like everyone's pointed out. They've lived in this bubble the whole summer not facing the issue but now the object of their guilt is right in front of them oblivious to what's happened or the history between them, or anyone else. 

Stefan can be happy for once, in a way he's given a little reprieve to all his misery to which i'm glad. He has no knowledge of being the ripper, the guilt he went through daily, his relationship with Damon or Elena, or anything. He deserves to experience this temporary time without his memories in a good way because after all that's happened I just want him to be happy because once those memories come back to him, the misery comes back and he won't be happy anymore. He's such a good man who tries to do the right thing, he's a tragic hero but always seems to be the one getting hurt its not fair.

Wasn't it always Stefan first for Elena? Like how cretinous people or Damon could be to think otherwise. Damon's insecurities are already creeping back in when he saw Silas because he knows the pull SE have to each other, he was able to live in a bubble the whole summer Stefan was gone but now he's back and Elena's having dreams about him its only a matter of time before DE see they will never work. Elena was thinking about Stefan the WHOLE episode even when she was with Damon I think she's deluded herself into thinking she feels nothing for him anymore when that's not the case at all I believe all those elevated feelings for him that were lost during the sire bond came back and we may see them in full force now since Stefan gets out. 

And as much as I despise Damon, I can't help but pity the guy. His situation is truly pathetic; he probably always knew it'll end badly the second Stefan came back. He himself told Elena to fight compulsion thinking about 'You-Know-Who' now can it be anymore obvious that Stefan always was the most important person in her life and her person who always get her through difficult times. Qetsiyah's truth bomb only confirmed Damon's suspicions. Yet he continues to try delude himself into thinking that he stands a chance, urged on by Elena while all the evidence points to the contrary. I think he's the only one who brought this upon himself. 

Edited by city-musings - 10 years ago
..DamonCrazy.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
ROFL...first it was 'only Stefan', now its 'only Damon'. I learned the hard way what exactly Elena G's 'only' means...

*Sigh* I DESPISED EG in the book. But when the show started, I loved her the first 2 seasons, I saw hope for her to be a much better character, in the way she was strong, non whiny & loyal to Stefan <3 And then down she went...

I swear to God, one of these days I'm going to jump into the TVD universe, & slam that chick's head hard somewhere & tell her that Damon Salvatore is NOT her effing TOY, & for that matter, neither is Stefan!

On second thoughts...won't risk it. I might be just confronted by five mes, what with all the doubles & triples of everyone running around😳

I really want Damon to go on S1/2 'rampage mode'. Preferably with a scene thrown in where Elena comes teary eyed to him & spouts some 'Oh stop Damon! I love you' dialogues, & he says 'Buzz off'(just something more...Damon-y). Screw redemption. At this point, I feel so sadistic, I WANT my evil badass Damon back😈

DamonπŸ˜’πŸ˜­
Edited by ..DamonCrazy.. - 10 years ago
hodan1987 thumbnail
I really can't dislike Elena really. I don't even dislike anyone anymore. I just hate the writers with a passion because they can ONLY write about triangles now. I mean honestly, TVD is becoming daytime soap.
There is a evil "twin" running around causing chaos. 
Triangles everywhere
The dead ghost girlfriend
The girlfriend who came back from the dead with a grudge 
Never ending rewrites
...And now Amnesia!!!!

All we need is a fake pregnancy and we are officially a daytime soap

Seriously! How hard is it to write about Other Worldly creatures like witches/weres/vampires/hunters❓

Angel-Jot thumbnail

Originally posted by: city-musings

So Damon didn't think it was necessary to tell Stefan about his relationship with Elena.. why am I not surprised? πŸ˜† But I guess I understand why he didn't. Can you imagine how awkward that conversation would be?

"Hey Stefan! Meet my girlfriend, Elena Gilbert. She used to be your girlfriend actually - you even called her the love of your life - but then I decided that I wanted what you had and I did everything in my power to win her fair and square and destroy your happiness. Which I did. Sorry bro!" 

🀣

Now right now in Stefan's mind they both have a clean slate but sooner or later he'll get his memories back and he WILL remember everything. I hope they take this time to feel guilty about what they've done to him like everyone's pointed out. They've lived in this bubble the whole summer not facing the issue but now the object of their guilt is right in front of them oblivious to what's happened or the history between them, or anyone else. 

Stefan can be happy for once, in a way he's given a little reprieve to all his misery to which i'm glad. He has no knowledge of being the ripper, the guilt he went through daily, his relationship with Damon or Elena, or anything. He deserves to experience this temporary time without his memories in a good way because after all that's happened I just want him to be happy because once those memories come back to him, the misery comes back and he won't be happy anymore. He's such a good man who tries to do the right thing, he's a tragic hero but always seems to be the one getting hurt its not fair.

Wasn't it always Stefan first for Elena? Like how cretinous people or Damon could be to think otherwise. Damon's insecurities are already creeping back in when he saw Silas because he knows the pull SE have to each other, he was able to live in a bubble the whole summer Stefan was gone but now he's back and Elena's having dreams about him its only a matter of time before DE see they will never work. Elena was thinking about Stefan the WHOLE episode even when she was with Damon I think she's deluded herself into thinking she feels nothing for him anymore when that's not the case at all I believe all those elevated feelings for him that were lost during the sire bond came back and we may see them in full force now since Stefan gets out. 

And as much as I despise Damon, I can't help but pity the guy. His situation is truly pathetic; he probably always knew it'll end badly the second Stefan came back. He himself told Elena to fight compulsion thinking about 'You-Know-Who' now can it be anymore obvious that Stefan always was the most important person in her life and her person who always get her through difficult times. Qetsiyah's truth bomb only confirmed Damon's suspicions. Yet he continues to try delude himself into thinking that he stands a chance, urged on by Elena while all the evidence points to the contrary. I think he's the only one who brought this upon himself. 

As far as I remember, Damon never 'tried to destroy Stefan's happiness'.. Stefan is his younger brother. He was always in support of his and Elena's relationship as long as the two were happy together. Elena, realized that she no longer wanted to be with Stefan and decided she'd give it a shot with Damon before going back to the other brother again.. *rolls eyes* and that, is NOT Damon's fault. Of course, as I've stated many times, I've never agreed with Damon and Elena getting it on right after her break up with Stefan.. that was immorally wrong and cruel.

In my opinion, Elena is wrong. She's always been wrong. She's ruined the Salvatore Brothers for me and that doesn't go down well with me at all.. Sickens me to see how BOTH brothers can become so selfish when it comes to her.
gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Woah. I actually agree with you ... for once.

I just don't like how she's flipping back between the brothers. We don't need another Katherine. I actually thought her character would be different. 

As we've seen in the season so far, Elena clearly still quite attached to Stefan. It much more than a regular relationship. Now, with Stefan's memory gone it'll be interesting to see what she does to bring it back. It seemed that she was quite offended that Damon didn't mention her when he was updating Stefan on his past. So she hasn't gotten over Stefan and is dating Damon ... umm that totally makes sense -_- 
Angel-Jot thumbnail

^Bringing his memory back isn't her responsibility.. in my opinion. That should be Damon's job. I miss the brothers. πŸ˜”

But I agrees with everything else Doggy. 😎
--Anna-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Screw Elena, give me Damon and Stefan, the brothers back! I dont get it why a girl is always up to ruin their relationship. It just sucks. πŸ€’ First it was Katherine and now Elena. God ! I feel both of them deserve so much happiness (Damon much more - the guy needs true love - not some woman who keeps moving from here to there) and all they are is stuck in a triangle that is becoming a pain for everyone.

I really dont care about Delena anymore. I got them once and I was quite satisfied with it. But if this thing turns out bad i.e Elena again making a choice, then Damon would be hurt and as a loyal fan I dont want to see him hurt anymore. I am done seeing him being treated as a choice. 
Edited by --Anna-- - 10 years ago