Interview with Lajjo aka Sana Amin Sheikh

msnautanki thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Source: The Telly Times 
http://www.urlremoved/sana-amin-sheikh-talks-about-her-upcoming-show-gustakh-dil/

The bubbly Sana Amin Sheikh will be seen in a new avatar from tonight as thechulbuli Lajjo in Life OK's new show Gustakh Dil. Sana gets candid with TheTellyTimes and speaks about her show and role.

Tell us a bit about your role in your upcoming show Gustakh Dil?

In Gustakh Dil, I am playing Lajjo, a girl from an Indian village, who is very funky, bubbly and a big prankster. Basically she is a very chulbuli girl, whose life changes when she gets married to this rich boy who is not her match at all, and how she has to adjust in the house with really sophisticated people. She finds out the guy is in love with some other girl, but for some reason they have to get married, and how they eventually become friends and may even fall in love later in the show. It is a story about relationships and has a very different love story. My role is very realistic, raw and wild; Lajjo doesn't care about her clothes and jewellery. I will be seen milking the cow and talking to it."

How different is Lajjo from Sana?

Lajjo is a big prankster and does a lot masti, I am not that much of a masti kind of girl in real life. I have become more stable in life, so I don't play pranks on people and I don't jump around, so there is a major difference in our personalities. But there are some similarities, as she is very straight forward and believes in her decisions and does what she believes is right. Similarly, I have left shows in the past which I didn't believe in, and have always listened to my heart and not done shows to get money or fame, so that way Lajjo and Sana connect very well.

You have been in this industry for some years, how has your journey been so far?

The journey has been really slow and steady, which I have loved. I don't want to jump into many serials and roles, since I am a RJ also, I had to balance both my professions. I was getting some lead roles in past, but at that time I was fed up of doing leads, so I decided to do cameos in shows like Pratigya and Sasural Simar Kar, and movies like Singham and Table No 21. I have always maintained my personal life and my professional life.

How is the chemistry between you and Vibhav Roy?

We are almost the same age. Vibhav is from Delhi and is brought up in Delhi, is a very well educated boy, has a very good background and not one of those stragglers we meet very often. He is trained from Barry John, the same place where Shah Rukh Khan trained, and he is a very good actor, and I am not saying this just because I am working with him. Our chemistry is very good, right now we haven't done many scenes together, but from what we have done, we learn from each other. He is a big prankster.

Your favorite television show at the moment?

I don't watch television, as I don't get much time. Whenever I get time I watch reality shows and I read a lot. I am very active on social websites, not party wise. I watch glimpses of Balika Vadhu.

Any message for the audience, which is going to watch the show tonight?

Not only tonight, I want everybody to watch the show regularly. There won't be much of me in tonight's episode, my introduction is in the freezing point when the episode gets over. In the entire episode, you will get to see a lot of Nikhil aka Vibhav Roy and Ishana aka Parvati Sehgal. Their chemistry is really cute and they are really good together. Fans are going to love the youthfulness in the show; also all the actors, like Nikhil's friends from college are very spunky, youth guys. Also, we have Meghna Malik on the show who will play Nikhil's mother. Viewers will get to see her in a different role, with short hair, speaking English and not at all like a typical mother-in-law. Audience are going to get a shock upon seeing her new avatar! I want everyone to watch the show everyday!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sayali_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Nice interview... She seems to be sensible person not after money and fame... but quality of work... 👍🏼 for that...
Parm. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sayali_d23

Nice interview... She seems to be sensible person not after money and fame... but quality of work... 👍🏼 for that...

Love that too! 

TFS to the TM!
latik thumbnail
Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanx for the article...
love her character on the show :)