Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SweetAngels96 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Awesome start!! Its already so interesting!! Plz continue soon n pm me!!
niki_2293 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nicky13

Wow Niki it's a great Job you have done... SharNal ff wow ... The start is really very nice ... Shardha and Kittu are friends and their bonding is very sweet ... Is Shardha going to work with our hottie Kunal ... Plz-2 update it soon and Plz pm me sweetheart whenever u will update it :)

thank u nicky..i'l update soon n for shranal track u just hav to wait for next part! I like to maintain suspense😉
niki_2293 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NiShal4Life

Awesome start!! Its already so interesting!! Plz continue soon n pm me!!

thank u soo much! N yeah i wil pm u the next part soon😊
niki_2293 thumbnail
Guys for pm's plz add me to ur buddy lists!
niki_2293 thumbnail

CHAPTER 1: Expect the Unexpected

Shraddha walked directly towards the reception area. "Hi...Can you tell me where are the interviews for the post of Creative Head Designer being held ", She managed to say to the frail-looking receptionist. Without even looking up, the young girl directed her to the room. "Take the elevator to the third floor, turn to your left where you will see a waiting area. Take your seat and wait for your turn." Shraddha followed the directions quickly until she reached the place. The waiting area looked no less than a palatial room. Equipped with two huge satin couches and a round glass table, it had the feel of a hotel suite with a business touch. At one corner of the room, sat yet another receptionist with a short ponytail and a much friendlier demeanor than the previous one. She greeted shraddha with a smile and asked her to take a seat along with the other occupants of the room which included half a dozen young, smartly-dressed women and two men who looked visibly uncomfortable in the company of so many ladies together. She took her seat n managed a smile at one of the other girls. The young lady did not smile back but kept staring at her.

Amidst all these self-assured souls, Shraddha felt pretty much out of place. As it is she was convinced that her plain-looks and lack of confidence would never get her this job. Unlike Kittu, Shraddha had never been a bright kid in school. Kittu was the brainier one who always scored the highest marks n was actively involved in almost all the extra-curricular activities the school offered. Shraddha, on the other hand, liked to stay in her own in her little world that she had created during years of staying aloof. It wasn't that she had always dreamt of being a "jewellery designer" some day. But her above average grades couldn't guarantee her a seat in creamier career choices like Engineering or Management. Being a quitter in almost everything, be it getting good scores or self grooming through extra-curriculars, made things even worse for her. It was when she had given up every bit of hope; Kittu encouraged her to take up Jewellery Design as a professional career."I know how creative you are, Shrads. It's just that you have to prove your artistic abilities to the world", she said. She wasn't convinced at first but as things started falling into place, Shraddha realized that Kittu had been right all along and she began to take interest in the field more than anything else she cared for ,until Bobby entered her life...

"Maithili Roy", the receptionist called out, breaking Shraddha's reverie.  One of the girls stood up and walked into the interview chamber. The two men had left as had three other women who had come for the interview. Panic started to sink into her now and she could feel her heartbeats running a marathon race. She looked at her watch. There was still some time before her turn came and she could easily sneak away without having to answer anyone. But No, she had promised Kittu that she wouldn't give up this time. She had been a quitter all her life but today, things had to be different for once. To divert her mind, she glanced at her reflection in the glass mirrors cleverly placed on the side walls. The mirrors portrayed a sense of careful planning but her clothes didn't. Her pink floral kurti and matching hawain-chappals looked inappropriate to be worn at a business meeting in contrast with the corporate looks of other girls. In her haste, she had left her wet hair carelessly falling on her shoulders. A tear had trickled down her left eye, smudging her mascara on its way,  giving her the look of a mental patient. Shraddha quickly excused herself and hurried to the restroom. She combed her hair carefully and fixed her liner, took out her phone and pressed the redial button. Kittu answered on the first ring itself , seemingly  waiting for shraddha's call since ages. "How was the interview?"

"My turn is still to arrive and I seriously don't think I am eligible for this job Kittu. There are so many other girls who seem better than me in almost every way. I am nowhere close to getting this job."

"How many times have I told you to stop underestimating yourself like this Shrads. Why don't you realize for yourself that you have such immense talent and anybody would gladly offer you this job. The other girls may be good but you are just perfect for this post. So stop getting nervous and go for it. Make sure you impress the interviewers with your lovely designs. And then we can together celebrate your new appointment in the best possible way."

"Yeah...but that will have to wait till I actually get the job."

"That you will...trust me. After all, you are only going to meet some grey-haired balding, old men in the interview room. They would be so astounded on seeing your designs that they will hand over the appointment letter immediately...I am pretty sure about that."Shraddha giggled. No doubt, Kittu had uplifted her spirits with her wit.

"Ok Ok...now let me go inside and then I will give you a call."Shraddha hung up the phone and took a deep breath. With renewed confidence, she glanced at the mirror for one last time and marched out of the restroom. The waiting area was almost deserted now with only the receptionist who was busy with her work. She looked up and smiled at her. "It seems that you are last one for the interview now. "

"So it appears...I can't believe all others have gone."

"That's his style. He is a bit choosy about his employees. He picks only the best ones. ", the receptionist grinned.

"Who is this he' that you are talking about?"

The phone at the reception interrupted their conversation and the young receptionist picked it up instantly. A second later, she said..."you may go inside. Best of luck." Shraddha smiled at the girl in an attempt to hide the panic that had slowly crept inside her. She walked slowly towards the boardroom, trying her best to calm herself and knocked at the door. "You may come in", answered a husky male voice. She walked in with, gathering all her confidence, but to her own embarrassment, she tumbled over the the weel-laid carpet and fell straight onto the floor.

A hand came to her rescue almost immediately. Shraddha took it without even looking up, cursing her own clumsiness under her breath.

"Are you alright young lady??"

She finally looked up to see a young man, almost in his late twenties talking to her. He was almost grinning now. "Maybe you are just too nervous missy...is it???".

She flushed, even more embarrassed now. "I am fine...thank you for your  help!!"...she said, unable to take her eyes off this attractive man standing right in front of her. His grin seemed to broaden with her stare and she realized that she had been helplessly gawking at him for quite some time now. She removed her gaze and tried to divert the growing discomfort by looking elsewhere. Shraddha scanned the whole room. There was no sign of any grey-haired balding men. Moreover, the room was almost deserted with him being the only occupant. He followed her gaze.

"Maybe you expected someone else miss!!!...perhaps some grey-haired men with spectacles on their nose and frowns on their faces...is it?????", he said almost teasing her.

She flushed red. No doubt she had been assuming that she'll be interviewed by a couple of aged men.

"Well I am sorry I was unable to live up to your expectations...", he smirked.

She blinked,  incapaable to speak a word. All amount of preparation had vanished , leaving her totally blank.

She soon realized that she was making a complete fool of herself. She forced herself to think. There had to be something to cover her embarrassment.

"Ummm...no. It's just that I had expected much more experienced men for this interview", she spilled out at last.

"Then maybe you should have done your homework properly." he snapped back."Anyway I am Kunal Srivastava, the CEO of Srivastava Enterprises. And you must be Shraddha Shergill...right???".

He extended his hand. She shook it . "Yes", unsure of what else to say.

"Now if you please...can we proceed with the interview Ms. Shergill??", he grinned.

"Yes please..." She had already embarrassed herself enough by her lack of knowledge.  All she wanted to do was dart towards the door and run away from this man, without even glancing back once. Why the hell did she come here in the first place???? And why hadn't Kittu told her about the good-looking CEO of Srivastava Enterprises??? Maybe Kittu was herself unaware of this...or else she would have informed her...

"Have a seat Ms. Shergill", he said as he pulled out a leather chair for her, wearing his most gentlemanly smile.

Shraddha settled down, trying to relax herself. Perhaps she still had time to make up for her earlier embarrassment.

"Well here are some of my designs...", she pushed her profile towards him. He flipped through the pages out of courtesy.."I see you don't have much of work experience Ms. Shergill".

She was already prepared with the answers.

"Well I wasn't prepared the corporate pressure right after college.  henceforth, I untilized most of my time enhancing my own abilities in the past one year. I did work on a few assignments now and then..."

"And what were they??", his gaze was fixed onto her face.She wasn't prepared for this. Obviously, she couldn't tell him that she had designed the ornaments for a distant cousin's wedding. That wouldn't sound impressive.

"Actually...I had made a few designs for some independent clients and..."

He cut her before she could even finish her sentence."So Ms. Shergill... what else have you got to offer for this interview??"...he asked, trying to sound as genuine as possible.

"Excuse me...what kind of question is this???I thought you' were supposed to take the interview!!", she said totally confused by his words.

"Perhaps you didn't get it, Ms. Shergill. People coming for this interview lay out a variety of options for me to choose from...some have got academic excellence, some have powerful references. And some even try their luck using their good looks. You won't believe  one of the girls before you even tried to seduce me!!  ", he beamed.

She couldn't believe what she had heard just now. "Is this how you appoint your employees Mr. Srivastava??...well if this is the case then I am sorry to disappoint you as I have only got my college grades and my skills to offer "sir"...", she shot back, putting greater emphasis on the last word.

He looked even more amused now. It seemed that he was secretly enjoying all this. "Relax...Ms Shergill...as a CEO I have to deal with all this on a regular basis."

"Well I guess I have come to the wrong place then Mr. Kunal...I suppose you are looking for someone who can fulfill your desires too...", she retorted picking up her CV. "I am sure the interview is over now. Thanks a lot for wasting your valuable time on someone who couldn't stand up to your expectations. "

"You are misunderstanding my intentions Ms. Shraddha..", Kunal exclaimed at the sudden turn of events.

"Goodbye Mr. Kunal", Shraddha quickly walked out without even looking back.

She hurried downstairs and didn't stop till she was out of the building. That when she realized what she had just done...she had just walked out of the job that she had been dreaming of for months now.

Shraddha pressed the redial once more until she heard the familiar voice of her best friend. "Kittu I guess have messed up again".

⭐️

P.S. guys i'll be updating the next chapter after a while now coz my exams are starting from next week.

Do leave your comments n whether u want me to continue or not...waiting to read all the feedback😊

niki_2293 thumbnail

HAPPY READING!!😉
Edited by niki_2293 - 10 years ago
vivkriti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Amazing dear. Loved it.Do continue after your exams are over. All the best for your Exams.
niki_2293 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vivkriti

Amazing dear. Loved it.Do continue after your exams are over. All the best for your Exams.

thanks a ton dear!! Yeah i wil continue😊
Saanjh5 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
excellent... you should take up writing as a profession for sure...

totally like a novel :)

just one complaint - where is ANAND ?

keep up the great work
niki_2293 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Saanjh5

excellent... you should take up writing as a profession for sure...

totally like a novel :)
just one complaint - where is ANAND ?
keep up the great work

thank u😊
well anand wil make his entry soon..so keep reading!😉