Omoraboti's Birthday... Come Celebrate.

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

I T  I S 17 S E P T E M B E R
Jonmodiner Shubhechha Janamdin Mubarak Happy Birthday
F A R H A 

dear farha, 
we are so delighted to greet you on your day. 
... ... ... ... ... ...
okay, that's a long pause while we hug, kiss,
say happy birthday, shriek a little, scream some,
and be completely thrilled that we could get together
and have this party with you on your big day.
you can see someone's gone out of his way
to polish his wink.
really, however hard he may pretend otherwise,
we know it was for this very moment
that he's been perfecting it for so long,
more than a year almost.

dear dear omoraboti,
your name recalls moving waters, winding course, 
river, meditation, monastery, the past, the present... a journey.
one you're on from the day you're born, or maybe from
way before that. an important turn in
the path today. your birthday. a day for thought, joy, love, merriment, and more. may you take the best of this day
and take the next step on that wonderful limitless journey
of yours with hope and a knowledge of
fulfillment of dreams.

"For aeons have I roamed the roads of the earth..."

let's start the celebrations with some poetry, shall we. 

"Her hair was dark as night in Vidisha;
Her face the sculpture of Sravasti.
       I saw her, as a sailor after the storm
Rudderless in the sea, spies of a sudden
The grass-green heart of the leafy island.
Where were you so long?' she asked, and more
With her bird's-nest eyes, Banalata Sen of Natore."

from chidananda dasgupta's translation of jibananda's extremely loved and felt and quoted recited held dear poem, banalata sen.

"poetry does not contain a complete reconstruction of what we call reality; we have entered a new world." jibananda das

you and us, we enter new worlds in many ways, through many doors... here is one we share... a world created by a girl and a boy and a thing called love and some things none of us can find the exact name for. the party would be incomplete without them... they are that fantasy we walk into with our eyes closed, our hearts dhak dhakking, out spirit full of trust. sometimes suranjana just doesn't listen, she goes there even if her soul cautions her, and she meets that young man. isn't it lovely that she does.

and some verses that need no words... yet every line is read, sighed over, and memorised, by what else, the heart. 

phew, refreshment break, farha?
how about some really not very healthy but absolutely happy making things? mamma mia stuff. 

okay, why am i thinking of someone the moment i say these words? πŸ˜•

mamma... mia...

after that, you may need water... so here goes...

because you love the open vistas, vast horizons, all the beauty of this world, we've packed a little and brought it along to your party
. come, let's fly there.

sorry, but this kid insisted on gatecrashing your bash, he says he knows you'll want him here for reasons he refuses to disclose.

Ray: D'you know that the human head weighs 8 pounds?

Jerry Maguire: Did you know that Troy Aikman, in only six years, has passed for 16,303 yards?

Ray: D'you know that bees and dogs can smell fear?

Jerry Maguire: Did you know that the career record for hits is 4,256 by Pete Rose who is NOT in the Hall of Fame?

Ray: D'you know that my next door neighbor has three rabbits?

Jerry Maguire: I... I can't compete with that!

if ray comes, can ron be far behind?
another gatecrasher, and he insists on supervising while you eat your bday lunch.
such a bong this boy.

to go with those favourites, some basics, what's life without luchi, begun bhaja, bhaat, chutney, on banana leaf and terracotta tableware. wedgwood? what that! πŸ˜³ 

now don't say you're full, got to have mishti and cake. get ready to blow out the candles... make your wish and let it all come true.

first, firni, what say.

and now, cake. 

khushi and asr from L & L send you these two fabulous birthday cakes. why two? well, you know how they are, can't agree on anything, she wants simple, he wants heady and luxurious, and anyway, he loves giving in to his lemony girl, more the merrier, who can ever have enough of L & L? 

from khushi and asr over at D for D come these two lovelies. no, they didn't argue. khushi was very sure you'd love to bite into luscious strawberries and went ahead and bought this one above, chocolate and cream oozing. he loved it but felt roses needed to be added, so that one there. both are waiting for you to cut your cakes and have a/two/three/many bite/s... they are sure it'll make you run and write off the next update. we hope they are not wrong. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FARHA
17 September is one beautiful day.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase each other
doesn't make any sense.

az kufr-o ze-islm bern, SaHry-st
m-r ba-meyn- n faZ, sawdy-st
'rif ch ba-d-n rasd sar-r be-neh-ad
nay kufr-o na islm, na n-j jy-st

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi
Translation by Coleman Barks

we hope you enjoyed your birthday party, we tried to fill it with your favourite things. deeps was the special consultant on this and also made the water edit and the travel edit, she has been waiting for this day for a long time. katelyn, whom you may not know but who is always ready to help, created the music edit and the barun gif right on top. the pink bordered lagi shart kiss gif is also hers. the happy birthday music is being played by mark allen felton on the soprano saxophone. the other lagi shart gif and visuals of food, ray, jerry maguire dialogues, etc., are from the net, credit to uploaders. indi was delighted to put the thread together and make barun things, ipk things, and more. have a wonderful day.

balloons gif courtesy tumblr
lagi shart gif credit akhirat tumblr

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bs_deeps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I spent a lot of time deciding whether to use baba's edit or a pic of two friends. I gave more importance to myself at the end.. πŸ˜‰ I hope you don't mind.. 
Happy Birthday my friend πŸ€—

you are still not smiling..isn't it? so here he goes..

Edited by bs_deeps - 10 years ago
.BumbleBee. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Ajke kar birthday,Farha apur birthday? Happy Birthday Apu ! Tumi amader Deshi Alaap CC'r jaan =)
We love you a lot. I wish you all the happiness in life and may you have a prosperous life. πŸ€—
You're like a big sister to us.

Here is your cake , Lets cut the cake along with your family and little kid <3

-With buckets full of love and warm wishes,
Farah

Edited by ..SaRun.. - 10 years ago
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
res  for my place  will update by evening

*Edited*

Farah - Many Happy returns of the Day. Hope you have a fun filled day with family and friends.  I really had very good experience on IF and you are one of the closest friends I had made on IF over the past 2 yrs. I really am thankful that I could know you better over the various chats we had on your stories and on the crooner thread.

So once again here's wishing you  -

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZEF-8ysjUU[/YOUTUBE]

'Tum jiyo haazoron saal, saal ke din ko pachas haazar'  - Happy birthday to you.
Edited by psarada - 10 years ago
PoochiePie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
OMG! Its Farah's Birthday today? 

Let me go and wish her!😳

Happy Birthday!!πŸ₯³

Wish you a very very Happy Birthday Farah Di! Happy birthay smiley

May everything happy
and everything bright
be yours on your birthday
from morning till night.

And then through the year
may the same thing hold true
so that each day is filled
with life's best things for you!

Have a Happy Birthday! πŸ˜ƒ

It's your birthday and I can't be there But I'll send you a special birthday wish and a little prayer Have a happy birthday #cute #birthday #sayings #quotes #messages #wording #cards #wishes #happybirthday

I would have done a good deed to have known such a sweet, adorable buddy like you!😳 On your birthday, I thank god for blessing me with such a kind and wonderful friend!πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ May this day bring countless happiness and endless joy and peace and serenity in your life! Wish you a very Happy Birthday once again!πŸ€—

~Sakshi. ^_^
Edited by .sakshi. - 10 years ago
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Today is special...coz its ur Day...

Dear Farha...

Wishing you a wonderful year ahead ...

Its been a pleasure knowing you in this place.. You are really awesome human being ,a great friend.. and an awesome writer...
We bonded over our common love for IPK...
but soon bond became more strong due to someone special for both of us...
I am so glad that I found a friend like you in this place...
Thanks for being my friend...

Making this day extra special for you...

with some flowers

And

Yummy Cake..

And

Keep Smiling and Enjoy!!

Loads of love ,wishes and Regards,

Ritika

P.S- Awesome thread by Indi di⭐️
Edited by riti4u - 10 years ago
Sunshine80 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
πŸ€—Many Many Happy Returns of the day FarahπŸ€—

I used to read your reviews with so much enthusiasm on crooners. I loved the way you use to write so magically. You are a brilliant writer and a wonderful person. I am glad I came in touch with you and may god shower all the happiness on you.

Here ASR sent a B'day wishes too 😳

Edited by Sunshine80 - 10 years ago
Misnomer thumbnail
RES!
Unres!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FARHA  

File:Birthday candles.jpg

On your birthday,
I would like to give you
some words of wisdom
Smile while you still have teeth.
πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜†

Many many happy returns of the day.

May you have all the joy your heart can hold,
All the smiles a day can bring,πŸ˜ƒ
All the blessings a life can unfold,
May you have Gods best in everything.

Apun wishing you a wonderful, πŸ˜†
super duper, 
zabardast,
xtra bariya,
xtra special,
ekdum mast 
n
dhinchak
bole to ekdum jhakaas,
JANAM DIN mubarak ho.. 

happy b'day 2 u hope this day become the most memorable day of ur life and ur all wishes comes true.
so enjoy today with joy.

Happy Bday dear! once again !
May all ur wishes come true !

I dont know you much !
But its ur BDay ..
A special day of ones life ..
So wanted to be a part of ur Special Day ! 

Edited by arshi.zoha - 10 years ago
Divya1503 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Dear Farha di,

Wish you a very very very happy birthday and a wonderful year ahead!πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

Hope you had a great day!

And a few gifts! πŸ˜ƒ 
Edited by Divya1503 - 10 years ago
arpitasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Dear Farha Apu,

Many Many Happy Returns Of The Day!!!

Breezy mornings, when the sky is filled with the hue of a tender blue and the sea is as calm and serene as the peaceful morning with the occasional beats of the waves against the headlands, and the chirp of the early birds are heard at a distant, the rhythm of the blue waters bring a pool of happiness, they bring you...

In the very short time I've known you, you've been an incredible person, a lovely human being... Your powerful words and writings have not only left me dazed and spoke of perfection but has drifted me to an unknown world, impassive of what is going on around me and yet quite alert of the things that flash before my eyes... A talent so rare, so unique. A talent harbored by a person loved by us all...

Wishing that your face is always adorned with a tender smile and tinkles of laughter cradle your entire being. Hoping that this day and the coming days be filled with happiness and prosperity and may you soar high with brilliance and joy.  Let the petals and stars twinkle on your lap and may the blessings of the Almighty shower in abundance upon you, always...

These red roses, coupled with a bunch of yellow roses are the mark of the beginning of a new friendship. I am really glad to have found a friend in you. You are immensely blessed and I wish all the happiness in the world for you from the depth of my heart.

May your world be filled with a rainbow of hues bringing in nothing but delight and much more just like these beautiful, color-filled roses.

Though I haven't talked to you yet, your writings have spoken to me, and as a reader and as a friend, here is a present from me.

And so here is me, promising you friendship...

And now, it is time for you to make a wish, blow the waiting, flickering flames of the candle and cut the yummy, delicious cake!

Happy Birthday!!!

And in case if you're wondering where your hero is, he is here!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FARHA!!!

Happy Birthday Farha Apu. Jonmodin er onek onek subechcha!

With lots and lots of love, β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈ
Arpita

Edited by arpritasharma - 10 years ago