Manish Goel refused to play Anki's father in PR

Posted: 10 years ago

Of late, Zee TV's Pavitra Rishta (Balaji Telefilms) has been frequently in news. Viewers are already aware that the show is going for a leap and casting has already begun for the post-jump storyline.

With the old faces out and new characters making their way in the show, here is a piece of news that we really found weird. And the man in question was himself left speechless when he got shortlisted for this particular role.

Wondering who are we talking about?

Well, it's none other than Manish Goel, who has been part of the television industry for quite some time now. Manish is an immensely talented and hardworking actor and has proved his versatility from his earlier shows.

But guess this handsome hunk was recently approached to play the father of Ankita Lokhande (Archana) in the show.

Yes, you read it write. To confirm the news, we called up Manish to which he confirmed, "Yes, I was approached by the makers to play the role of Ankita's father in Pavitra Rishta; well it was really weird. I can play a role opposite Ankita but definitely not as a father to her."

So when are you planning to make a comeback? "Well, I am reading many scripts but nothing has been productive as yet. I don't want someone to tell me Manish you can do this' but want them to ask me Manish can you do it'. The day someone will ask me this, I will make my comeback."

Way to go Manish!!

now everyone is ginna call him.unprofessional too!!
Manish Goel of all people! ðŸ˜²
Ekta has finally lost ALL her marbles! ðŸ¤£
Manish is one of the most young faced actors and to offer him a dad's role! 

Manish Goel.. He is indirectly asking for lead role...
Anyway Who wil play opp Ankita..
Originally posted by pallavi25

Manish Goel of all people! ðŸ˜²
Ekta has finally lost ALL her marbles! ðŸ¤£
Manish is one of the most young faced actors and to offer him a dad's role! 

Really EK & CVs are proved that actually they are dumbest persons ever.
Originally posted by MAYURFAN001

May be😆

^ Aa baail mujhe maar! 

Why start a fight and then go to mummy and complain!

There is nothing unprofessional in not wanting to play an elderly character or for that matter any character. If someone does not want to play the character of an aged father...fair enough! The actor's self interest should be primary, but please don't blame another person for your decision and create an unpleasant atmosphere because of your departure.   

Anyway, Ankita fans hardly harp about Asha and Rithwik's unprofessional behavior as much as their own fans bring it up.  
Originally posted by bonnefille

^ Aa baail mujhe maar!

Why start a fight and then go to mummy and complain!

There is nothing unprofessional in not wanting to play an elderly character or for that matter any character. If someone does not want to play the character of an aged father...fair enough! The actor's self interest should be primary, but please don't blame another person for your decision and create an unpleasant atmosphere because of your departure.

Anyway, Ankita fans hardly harp about Asha and Rithwik's unprofessional behavior as much as their own fans bring it up.

reported!!!..you cannoy be calling Rd and Asha unprofessional for whatever reasons and try to instigate Ashvik fans..You want to talk abt Arvi..go ahead..

reported!!!..you cannoy be calling Rd and Asha unprofessional for whatever reasons and try to instigate Ashvik fans..You want to talk abt Arvi..go ahead..
pls try to read bonne's post carefully that she saying RD asha unprofessional? or saying anki's fan never harp about it😆
another thing i dont get that here who saying any actor to become ankita's father?🤪PH looking for a character who will b dad of 18/20 years old girl.after last 18years leap ankita become shruti,asha's mother?who are 3/4years younger?mrinali who is older than her?RD's saas?🤣🤣its a joke🤣

What?? You implied Ankita fans will call him unprofessional as well. You are targeting real people on this forum by suggesting that they will comment in a particular manner. You are the one who started it all and instigated Ankita fans to comment on your post! Really now...you have just acted the way I predicted in my previous comment! First start the row and then blame it on the person responding.  

The word "unprofessional" was first used by you. And I have every right to call an actor anything. Wasn't there an over 10-page topic calling Ankita unprofessional? They are actors and criticism is part and parcel of their profession. Anyway, I said Ankita fans do not call Asha and Rithwik unprofessional as much as their fans call them by implying that we do. 

I don't want to waste my time having petty fight with you. Complain as much as you like. I know where to draw the line and I do not need the moderators to tell me that.    
Edited by bonnefille - 10 years ago