Shantanu Maheshwrai - It was great to see the students cheering

..Aishaa.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

"It was great to see the students cheering so much for me!" " Shantanu Maheshwari

Shantanu Maheshwari better known as Swayam from Channel V's extremely popular show Dil Dosti Dance, who is every girl's Heart throb' now, shares with TheTellyTimes his experience on a recent visit as a celebrity guest, at a college dance festival!

Tell us about your experience at the Enigma Festival at Podar College?

I have been attending this festival since the past 3 years now, but every time I go there, the response from the students is just the same, but it always seems like a different experience! It's as if the students are even more happy on seeing me there each year!

What was the response like, from the students?

Oh they were extremely excited on seeing me there. It was great to see the students cheering so much for me! In fact, a film celebrity had promoted him film and left from there just before I entered, but surprisingly that did not change the reaction of the students towards me and they seemed delighted to see me coming in! I would also like to mention something that happened with me, so while I was waiting in the green room, the ac in there was really building up the cold I had and so I just stepped outside for a bit and a girl volunteer happened to see me but did not recognize me at first, and when she did she came up to me and asked me thrice, "Are you Swayam, are you actually Swayam from D3, oh my god yes you are Swayam from D3!". That just made me feel really good and happy about the fact that Swayam' is recognized so well!

So what was the reaction of the girls like, when they saw their favorite star Swayam in college?

The girls were very excited on seeing me and were constantly shouting my name and calling out to me. It was great to see such a wonderful response! Though for some unknown reason, when it came to dancing with me on stage, the boys were all ready to dance with me but the girls were not really ready to dance with me and I did want to ask them why but due to time constraints I couldn't, but I guess they were just shy.

What did you think of the dances and fresh talent that is coming up now through these college events?

Due to shortage of time, I could only see 2 dances but I have to say that they were fantastic! I feel that these college festivals and events are a great platform to promote this young and fresh talent and all these students who are aspiring to become good dancers can definitely pave their way, through these events. Now with the help of youtube, people can just train themselves as it is easy to locate what dance style, steps etc you are looking out for. It's good to see students putting in so much effort for these events as it is a great chance to showcase their talent, and yes have to admit that they were all pretty good, and so what they need is, a lot of focus and some good training to become even better than they are now!

If you get a chance to perform in a college dance event once again, would you take it up?

Oh yes definitely! I love performing live as it has always been a great experience for me. Back in college, I used to participate in a lot of dance events for festivals, and bringing those memories back again would surely be a lot of fun!

You have been to a lot of college festivals to judge dance events as well as attended them as a celebrity guest, so till now, which one has been the best?

I had gone for Umang a while back as well as another festival to Mithibai college, which were pretty good, but I have to admit that Enigma at  Podar college has definitely been the best till now.

From performing as a college student in dance events to now judging them in colleges, how does it feel?

To be honest, it actually feels awkward, because the age different between the students and me is not much! I always feel that that what if they are thinking, " Arey he is toh a few years elder to us so how is he here as a judge", but surprisingly it doesn't seem like that at all, once I'm there! Though I have to admit that it definitely feels like a great achievement now, when I get invited to these events as a celebrity guest or judge.

Finally, do you miss your D3 team while watching these performances? Also, which has been your favourite D3 dance performance from all that you'll have done?

Oh yes of course I do! I always think of the rehearsals, practices, and dances that we have done when I see the group dances at these college events. For me, our performance on the song Dhagalalagli Kara" has been my favourite till now, as it was a lot of fun!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
TFS !!! :D
Tannu rocks
-TanHaVruShan- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot for sharing.. 
sumimita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
thnks for sharing it dear...
Pankhuri295 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
 Shantanu  
Thanks for sharing 

P.S.- It was Shahid Kapoor who came before him.
LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Pankhuri295

Shantanu  
Thanks for sharing 

P.S.- It was Shahid Kapoor who came before him.

Really shahid Kapoor ?
Woah both r my favs😳
Pankhuri295 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: swaron_pk

Really shahid Kapoor ?
Woah both r my favs😳

Yup... Really Shahid Kapoor ðŸ˜†
shalini_arsha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
woww...!!!!
He is so sweet...:) :)
nd loved his iv...:)
thnxx 4 sharing...:) :)
MimiVruShan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Tfs.. Aww how I wish I was there!!
Hes so sweet!! Ha! he wanted to dance wid the girls!! Now where is the shy guy that I've known him to be?!..