awesome ud
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

LTL Written Update

Episode ~63

24th March 2010

Dutta's den

The episode begins as Dutta comes up his stairs after the mangalsutra shopping  session with his family. Baji pulls his weight around on this man detained in Dutta's room.. Baji yells threateningly ,look I don't want any more trouble! got that? otherwise  I'll put a bullet through you and send you straight to heaven!

Dutta stands in the door way and asks coldly, you done  with  explaning  him?  Baji says yes Bhau , and he also understands  that to deceive Dutta Bhau will cost him his life, and  Baji yells to the man he now get lost..

Naku comes up the stairs with an empty tea tray..  Baji pushes the man towards the door where stands a stiff Dutta who turns his neck only just and says, with his back to the departing man,  it's Duttas'  principle first calm then storm.. next time I won't send  Baji to fetch you but to shoot you down! and he flicks the fingers of his back hand and dismisses him the man.   Baji  and the man walk past  Naku and she comes into the room and picks up the cup and places it on the tray..

Dutta  walks ahead with his hands held behind his back. He turns his head ,back wards and spots  Naku, collecting the cup .. once done he remarks, what 's the matter? you have nothing to preach about today? Saab you spoke bitterly downstairs, aren't you going to say something about the mangalsutra? With a knowing smile she replies, what can I say Saab, you know everything ..ok.. he says and turns away and goes to his wardrobe, she looks disappointed and she turns to leave and he calls stop there!  put down the cup!..he turns his face the to cupboard and slowly opens it's doors and looks at the casket  hidden between his pathiani's.. he looks intently at  the treasure chest looking casket  ..and turns his head slightly and says, till today I have heard everything you say attentively , sometimes I would get irritated, still I  listened to you patiently .. he looks at  the little box, holds it in the loop of his palm and slowly closes the wardrobe and pensively with a grave face brings the casket near his settee and sets it down on the coffee table and sits before it looking down at , as it is some scared object. With hooded eyes he is deep in thought..and Naku looks on apprehensively at this treasure chest, Dutta sits, looks down, his fingers entwined before him and suddenly ..he raises his head and looks at Naku's face ,  and says  with a dead pan expression, whatever I said downstairs, was  said after a lot of thought.. the woman who marries me,  should know that at any time she can become a widow..  Naku looks worried, but Dutta carries on , there is very little distance between me and death, very little .. slowly he opens the casket and exposes a gun that lies secure in a red velvet  interior.. compare it to previous episode where focus is on mangalsutra, a solemn and scared symbolic piece of jewellery,  compare it to how Dutta keeps his orginal gun.. surely like a  collector's  item.. 

He fixes his hooded eyes on it, swept by memories..Naku watches him from far sadly, Eventually he gently balances the gun's body on his finger tips and brings it close to his face and studies it intently as his lion like eyes fix on the barrel.. within  this scene his memories are jogged and he recalls the  first murder  he commits.. to impress Seema to amass money..  he moves his head and eyes at the barrel of his gun invokes his past  blood trail..

As if under a spell he holds the barrel in the fingertips of  one hand and balances the other hand by holding the handle of the gun..it's as if he holds it on display for her..  but she too fears that there is more to come out of him.. the gun is only a significant  item used  for a talking point..

Naku looks down at it with big bold fearful eyes.. which would be a normal reaction from a normal person.. but Dutta was far from the ordinary and the normal.. Dutta is a man riddled with complexities ..who dares to unravel them.. none by choice.. for Dutta choses who he unravels before..

He invites her into his life once again, look at it, it's old, can you spot the blood on it? she nods and he says calmly, I can see it,.. he pauses , stands up and walks towards her still holding the gun, walks past her serenely and stands near the French window, looks out into the distant and revolves the bullet holder, with his fingers, looks down at the spin and coldly raises his eyes and continues, the  very first time when shot I someone, the guy's young child screamed.. that scream to this day  echoes in my ears! he turns to Naku and holds his gun towards her, look at it carefully, this gun, and how can you not see the blood smeared on these my hands.. I have even forgotten the count, of how many people's blood can be seen on this gun.. he  said challengingly,  Naku listen and watches him.. all eyes and ears..

With a stern face he walks past her and stands with his back to her before his mirror.

He points his gun at his reflection and says, ask this man, not everybody was an enemy? then why did the innocent die? this business is such,  here the bullet doesn't carry a person's name  Naku, who so ever encounters it becomes their's.. he sits down on the stool and holds his gun up before his face and says, with mine own hands I have turned  many women into widows...many children into orphans. this is Dutta! And he pushes the barrel of his gun  on to his forehead... and than moves the barrel and looks up and says with sarcasm, Dutta Bhau...  he lets the barrel caress his cheek, takes a deep breath and stands to look at himself in the mirror and he says, Dutta ShriRam Patil! and with a cynical smile moves away from his dresser mirror.. towards  the French window,  whenever a  living man becomes a corpse , his  spirit and his scream..  he taps his chest with the nozzle of the gun, stays in my heart. He walks and then sits upon his settee,  gun held in his folded up arm... he carries on, my heart is like a dungeon  which is  full of dead bodies... he sits relaxed with one leg crossed over and he says , I don't  regret whatever I  have  done so far, this business is such...if your hand stops , then so does your breath... this is the way  I am, but I am truthful. ..and I don't  want to hide this truth about myself from my wife to be...he stands up and paces, waves his guns and says, this mangslsutra , this song and dancer, feeding karanji,..  this is what every girl dreams about, but I ask you  Naku , that would any girl, dream about a man like Dutta?   Naku's mouth opens wide as she looks across him with a face fill of tender love.. then slowly she lowers her eyes.. lest he read the truth in them..

Supriya climbs up the stairs to Dutta 's room. Naku remains silent afraid of her own truth and Dutta gives her a sided look with narrowed eyes and shakes his head.. moves his leg off the centre table and walks towards Naku and faces her.. he continues, she's ready to marry Dutta .. and Supriya eavesdrops outside his room.. but does she realize the meaning?.. Naku lowers her eyes and raises her eye brows ..    Dutta continues, till she does not tolerate the blood upon my hands..how can she touch my heart?..  Naku seems impressed with his thinking.. he carries on, can she see the hidden tears in my eyes..? Supriya closes her eyes disdainfully.. opens them and rolls them totally disinterested... Dutta goes on, can she understand my pain? and if not then she is  deceiving herself.. and I only want that Supriya  should not be under any illusion, says Dutta. Supriya gives an evil smile outside as if to say you'll be the one to be duped not me..she realizes she was eavesdropping and with a smirk she dashes down the stairs..

Naku looks at Dutta and says, Saab you think so much, I just blurt things out sometimes, now I feel I spoke too much.. he looks down at her tenderly, and raises his arm , and puts his hand on her shoulder.. and Dutta  says, no  Nakusha..  Naku is in shock.. doesn't know what hit her.. overcome  she moves her head to look at his hand on her shoulder ..and then moves her eyes to his face.. Dutta says, what you say is true, whenever you speak, it's from your heart... and she almost freezes with embarrassment.. he carries on, you don't really know me, however, you understand me a little,  that's the reason why I told you all this. Naku looks up into his eyes.. Dutta walks away and stands by the French window and looks out.  Naku looks at the tray and the tea cup... he turns his head looks at her back and flicks his gun and says, you leave now, I have lots of work to do.  Naku picks up the tray and leaves the room at snail's pace. He puts the gun back in the little casket , stores it back in the wardrobe and closes it..

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peacock Sitting Area.

Aye Sahib sits on the teal settee and Supriya arrives carrying a tray with a glass of water and gives Aye Sahib her medication, Aye Sahib, much impressed by her says why did you bother to bring it.. ..and asks Supriya to sit beside her.

~~~~~~~~~~

Upstairs, Dutta walks past Naku, who carries the tray, and gracefully glides down the stairs...his hands in his pockets. He looks across at his mother and Supriya.. sitting together. Aye Sahib calls him. and he goes towards them .Naku  watches him from  his balcony .. and muses, Saab , if I was in place of Supriya Tai , I would wash off the blood on your hands with my tears.. but, I don't deserve you, I know I can never get your love, but I understand everything you say, for I know the pain you go through .. and with a soft smile she recalls the feel of his hand on her shoulder ..and she giggles as she recalls how she looked sideways at his hand...and tenderly  she feels the edge of her shoulder where his hand touched..

Baji  runs  up the stairs shouting out orders  for pakya and suraj to be ready on the phone.he say's he'll inform Bhau and asks  Naku where bhau  is ? she points to down stairs.  A panicked Baji yells as he goes down the stairs in a hurry , my mind is in a whirl due to tension ! I can't see things ..

Naku senses something is going on.. especially after his talk with her ..she worries and hurriedly goes down the stairs to know more..  Baji  yells , get  the whole gang ready , I call you back !he orders, and  yells, Bhau! on seeing Dutta .

A laid back Dutta looks at Baji what's the ? why are you breathless? Baji yells, Bhau we found the cheat deshmukh!! Dutta 's face turns  furious as he looks at  Baji , Baji shouts you don't worry I'eve got all our men ready and I am leaving now!  and Baji turns to race out..  Bajirao! roarsss! Dutta , he cranks his neck and shakes his head as his eyes pierce Baji who freezes on the spot... none of you will go! Dutta growls,.. I will go alone. Baji curves his hand and feels his head, Naku  literally shakes with fright , Aye looks devastated, and Supriya feigns some tears in her eyes.. Aye Sahib pleads Dutta you are not going, your marriage preparations are underway, send someone else .. Dutta glares down at his mother, Aye he's my enemy, the issue is not that he shot me! but  I am mad because he shot me by deceit ! and I don't let deceitful people! go! ..Supriya and  Naku both stand and worry at his chilling words.

Aye pleads , at least don't go alone, take  Bajirao with you..  Bajirao you go with him! Dutta takes a deep breath, closes his eyes and cranks his head full of rage. Aye with tearful eyes says, won't you listen to me?.. Dutta resigns and rasps Aye ...

Supriya comes forward  deceitfully , with her glycerine tears.. and stands before Dutta  and says, don't go, for my sake, stay back.. please, and Dutta gives her a lion like look.. Naku and Baji too take note of Supriya's pleading.. Dutta gives her a frigid look and says, nothing, will happen to me.Then gives all a look and bends to touch his Aye's feet and straightens up.. she blesses him , and feels his stubble chin with her palm, she  says , you will be blessed , Jagdammba will bless you.. and he orders Baji let's go.. he walks past and Naku calls Saab !and he looks at her tearful eyes, and coldly walks off.. Naku cries as she watches the backs of her Saab and Baji , marching on towards the exit of the corridor., and  Naku cries as they turn right towards the front door.. Supriya too has a few tears which she wipes off her face with a devil may care look.. for Dutta ..and she looks at  Naku  crying, and nods her head as she mocks  Naku... who walks off and Supriya smirks, and rolls her eyes.. episode ends..

Hamlet 53~ 22.11. 13                                

~~~~~~~~~~~  

Have to say this episode is largely about Dutta Bhau's might , but not without the pathos around his doomed persona.

This has to be the first episode which gives us an insight into who he is, what he does, and how he feels about his profession. The episode is an honest confession of sentiments expressed in the simplest and down to earth verbatim. The beauty of this  laying bare his soul session to  Naku, is that Dutta does his talking so spontaneously..  chooses  what to and when to say to Naku .. it's clear to both him and her, that her simplicity invites him to share his inner most thoughts..      

Dutta always ends up feeling lighter,  like getting things off his chest..

In this episode he makes it clear what his wife can be subjected to, due to occupational hazards.

He talks about premarital jitters.. what he expects from Supriya .. it's the irony of the situation that Supriya is reverse of what he wants from a woman who becomes Dutta Bhau's wife.

It's a very endearing scene when he talks about his expectations of Supriya , before   Naku, whose words and actions show she fits the bill to be Dutta Bhau's wife.. only bar her no one else.. not even he can see it.

The touch scene too is heart wrenching.. Naku was touched by Dutta , because,  Naku has touched Dutta's  heart.. she is someone who he knows will understand  him... which he says so to her.. in the episode

Overall a fantastic episode outlining Dutta's power and a befitting end  where he goes to do a job..  

The obnoxious section of the episode has to be  the presence of Supriya and her duplicity ,  sham and treachery .. total agony to watch her expressions.. 

On a lighter note.. did you take note, Dutta speaks  Naku listens ..  

N.B many thanks for reading the previous WU.. twinky, thanks for your great comment, Dutta's balcony pictures are fabulous many thanks,  Naku, tammy, thank for your comments, dilse loved the image, also thanks for reading, daya, warrie, fassben, much love hammie..

Edited by Hamlet53 - 10 years ago
tamanna1391 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
awsem episode so dutta telling nakku about his feelings and danger nakku crying supriya smirking
twinkle-star thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Hi hammiee🤗

Aweee ...Such a wonderful update dear...Enjoyed it sooo much..Dutta can't tolerate naku's disappointment.....Aweee Dutta has opened his heart to naku....Their convo was heart wrenching...Enjoyed it soo much dear....What a sensible talk....He openly told about his dangerous profession....any girl, dream about a man like Dutta??....There are lots of Dutta Deewani are here.😉.Loved Naku's expression for his question...Aweee Dutta put his hand on naku's shoulder...Loved your statement "Naku was touched by Dutta , because,  Naku has touched Dutta's  heart". Aweee...Such a mind blowing scene & your descriptions were fabulous dear.For the first time Dutta speaks & Naku listens.😉...Hate That evil Supriya's smirk😡...Dutta is going to meet Deshmukh...I hate Supriya's fake tears😡...EEWW..This woman is irritating Twinky baby a lot😡.Baby wants to slap that supriya😡..Loved Naku's true concern for Dutta...Enjoyed the update soo much dear...Thanks soo much for your lovely update dear.🤗..You have done 2 updates within a day..😲🤗.Both are wonderful dear...Soo sweet of you.🤗..Eagerly waiting for the next update dear...take care sweetest lion.🤗.

Edited by twinkle-star - 10 years ago
Nakusha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hi hammiee

Occupational hazards goes with dutta's life & only woman who stood the test was naku...loved the ud...sups pura bewakoof bana rahe hai dutta ko...poor dutta😡

Nakusha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hi star
awesome comment👏..love ur comment u r our sparkle😊
mirage123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nakusha

hi star

awesome comment👏..love ur comment u r our sparkle😊right naku

Warda. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hi hammie...sorry for missing for a couple of days had long uni sessions
it seems a fantastic episode you have written every detail in such a wonderful manner I felt I was there watching along..
a great scene between dutta and naku ...what dutta thinks about hhis profession its one of those rare moments where he apeaks about it openly...beauty of the moment is he is sharing what he expects from his wife to be with naku only...and you have said it so well that its her simplicity that he open up in front of her ...and naku is the only person who is worthy to stand by his side...I loved nakus reply so much that she will wash away the blood on his hands with her tears... wish she could have said this in front of him would love to see his reaction on this reply...

Supriya is just used as a filler in the episode glad she didn't interrupt between dutta and naku...she is just unlucky that she fails to witness the good in that person atleast he is not fake like every other person around him...
seems theres time for some action in duttas life...how many more episodes with supriya still around🤔

Your personal views as usual were awesome loved them to the core and the highlighted bit about dutta took the cake👏
thanks for giving us another great wu..waiting for the next episode...
P.S..when did I say I have no internet for three months🤔
twinkle dont belive hammie 😛
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tamanna1391

awsem episode so dutta telling nakku about his feelings and danger nakku crying supriya smirking
hi tammy , just saw your shots,too brilliant,clever lady.. supriya role  the things she says are becoming gross day by day, thanks for commenting, much love,  hammie