Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Regarding todays show...

1) Was amused by Anjani saying that earlier she could not see her son and now she cannot hear his talk because he has taken a vow of silence.😆 I am sure that the rishi who gave this idea to hanuman did it for his own preservation and mental sanity.😉 Most probably he realised that this is the only way by which Hanuman can be stopped from asking questions.😆

2) Was a bit confused when Mahadev said that even if bad things are happening, if it is stopped before the right time then the good things that will happen as a result of the bad actions will not happen. I get what he is trying to say but then then can one stay silent when bad is happening, knowing that others are in pain as a result of the bad actions? So I was relieved when Mahadev decided to help Brahma. 

3) Best part of the episode was the garden scene. 😆 Nice contrast between the calmness of Sita-Ram and the fire depicted by Urmila-Lakshman. By the way Urmila has realised that there is a direct hot line in operation between Gauri and Sita. 😉 I am wondering that how on earth did Raja Janak manage Sita and Urmila when they were kids. One stays silent but has her own mind and her own way of doing things and the other is like a whirlwind. I think last time when Urmila showed Lakshman the chaku and he stayed silent, that  was not because he was worried that she will use the chaku on him but most probably because he did not know what to make of this balika. Sita and Ram know other quite well and can read others thoughts or what the other is feeling while Urmila and Lakshman ...well one will go north and the other south. I liked that when Lakshman was retorting, he was glancing at Ram to check his reactions 😆 and Ram had an enigmatic smile on his face watching the bickering going on in front of him.

@Angie- It wasn't only Lakshman and Urmila who were behaving as kids but Ravan was also behaving like one...that too one throwing a massive hissy fit and throwing his toys everywhere (toys are his soldiers) so that he gets attention . Yesterday he was angry at Mahadev because according to him Mahadev was not pampering him, but pampering some one else. Today he was angry at Rishi Pulatsya for being sympathetic towards the other rishis.

Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
My question is does Lakshman know the deep meaning behind Ram's msg, or was he just playing smart in front of urmila?! 😆
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@Misti,

I liked the points you mentioned.  Yesterday I found Narad's scenes with Ravan to be very funny and today it was Lakshman/Urmila in combination with Ram/Sita and then Anjani's amused exasperation at Hanuman's vow of silence that was hilarious.  Yup, the rishi was wise indeed who convinced Hanuman to take a vow of silence.  

Lakshman and Urmila were bickering like kids and both wanted an upper hand.  Urmila is quite impressed with Ram and wants to put down Lakshman whom she finds is not acting accordingly.

Raavan has been acting like a petulant kid who is throwing tantrums after tantrums either because Mahadev is paying attention to someone else or because of his perceived insults from Rishis.  I was feeling sorry for Mandodari.  Her expressions indicated that she was wondering what kind of psycho she got as a husband.  

I liked one statement of Shiv yesterday when he mentioned that Raavan is at cross roads and it is his decision to choose a path.  I have never liked the notion that human beings are puppets and have no hand in how things happen.  So I liked Mahadev telling Parvati that Ravaan's course of action would decide how events would fold out.  I agree with you that one has to stop the wrong and that's why I am glad that in the end they did not show Shiv as being a passive witness to Ravan's atrocities. 

Myra:  Lakshman understood Sita's message.  He was just taking his dig because of how Urmila had made fun of him moments before.  That's why once she called him dense, he did the same to her when Ram gave even more of a brief message.  Urmila/Lakshman's relationship is in total contrast to Ram/Sita relationship where both understand each other.  Sita in her soft gentle way was amusing too.  She turned away from Ram because she was following her mother's directions.  But she did complain softly that she had a lot to say to Ram and there was no time.  Then when Urmila jumped at an opportunity to act as a messenger, she made a token protest.  

Ram too probably had come to that garden in hopes of catching a glimpse of Sita.  Then when Urmila was reminding him of his duty conscious act, he promptly asked her for a message.  There was no shyness on his part at all.  So besides Lakshman/Urmila, I found Ram/Sita to be amusing too.  I also liked his enigmatic expressions at Lakshman/Urmila bickering and he was letting them fight it out except for giving a look to Lakshman once in a while.  Lakshman too was aware of what he was doing and that's why as Misti said was looking for Ram's reaction from time to time.

Overall, it was a nice episode.