Jodha-Jalaal: Shahenshah ke maan ke liyye...

MoronsKiMallika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

" Humne ye khel sirf Shahenshah ke maan ke liye khelaa hai. Humein kisi puruskaar ki koi iccha nahiin hai."

So, said Jodha and Jalaal raised his eyebrows at her. "Shahenshah ka maan"... or should i say "honour of my husband, Jalaal" ? ...I have said time and again, Jodha honours everything about being Jalaal's wife except the conjugal duties. And now, its either Jodha's shocked sensitivity at Jalaal's so-called cruelty or else shadows of emotions are beginning to find their way in.

How?... Check this out. Last we checked, Jodha has pre-decided on her pre-conceived notions that Jalaal is a tyrant -  heartless, cruel, killer and a first rate reincarnation of Satan. So, she has/had no expectations from this marriage. Her only hitch was that Jalaal shouldn't try to get sexual with her - even that was sorted as Jalaal promised her that he will not touch her sexually... All good fun, right?...apparently, no. πŸ˜†...Jodha is not able to DETACH herself from Jalaal and his shenanigans.Jalaal is this , he is that - he is a bad man, he is a bad king, he is all the evil things in the world! SO WHAT?... Its none of your business Jodha because he is of no importance to you. So, why go and cry rivers in front of Lord Krishna and ask HIM - " Why did you get me married to someone like him?"... You are not supposed to cry over Jalaal, Jodha. Your reaction should have been of hatred, of disgust and angry tears for that poor Hindu family. Ye...dukh waale aansu kahaan se beech meinn aa gayye? ... Watch it Jodha. Your hatred for Jalaal is not cold and bitter as it should be... its turning emotional. 

Don't react emotionally to Jalaal, Jodha. Your hatred for him is emotional and this MIGHT be your failing in keeping your word of hating him till you die. He is your hubby and you have a different-level relationship with him... aur iss baat se tumhe farak padta hai. Maan bhi lo. 

Coming to Jalaal... well, jaise humein Jodha ki na-ummedi qubool nahiin hai, Jalaal ko Jodha ki na-farmaani manzoor nahiin hai. By hook or crook, even if he has to handcuff Jodha , he will get her to accept the Shaahi-Farmaan. But today, its not about his bull fights with Jodha... its about the huge void inside Jalaal...

You can fill your life with everything , your tummy with food , your dry throat with water , but your heart?  The heart refuses to be filled with anything except UNCONDITIONAL FLAWLESS LOVE. That is what Jalaal doesn't have in his life. Yes, it was just a matter of arrogant pride when Jalaal, appalled that someone dared to comment on him and Jodha , impulsively sent the poor couple to prison. If Jalaal was wrong, even that couple should have chosen the right word keeping in mind that its the 15th century social divide. But what was it that pushed Jalaal's arrogance and surface cruelty to the bay? A child's innocent question that how is he going to live without love and nurturing( parents)?... Those tears that sprung up in Jalaal's eyes were of a longing of love , compassion and being embraced with emotional security. 

THIS is what the distance is between Jalaal and his journey to  becoming  the historical Jalaaluddin Mohammad Akbar. A heart that wants to be filled with love , compassion and nurturing. A heart that stands in equal rights with his mind and the arrogance/pride/aggression learn to be sensible. Why do you think Ruqqaiya lowered her eyes when Jalaal mentioned ' a lonely heart'? Because she knows that she is Jalaal's BFF, his wife since childhood but she is not the warm fluid that can fill his heart that still breathes in longing and emotional hunger. 

The problem is that in the bids to make Jalaal a flawless king , Bairam, Maham and even Jalaal's biological parents fell short in nurturing his heart. They trained his mind but left the heart confused in its infancy. 

Unless Jodha sees this void in Jalaal and lets go of her hate-anthems, she will continue getting angst-y over Jalaal and his non-existent cruelty that is more a part of her conditioned hallucinations than Jalaal's reality. 

As for Ruqqu, jo guroor aur swabhimaan mein farak na samjhe, wo apne aap hi apni kabar ka samaan hotaa hai. Enough said.

Hyperwati may have read Jodha's fake act but if she has read Jalaal right , unlike her daughter , she is still gonna have hopes that maybe Jalaal will be that ideal damaad someday. 

Adham howling at Jalaal in Diwaan-E-Aam was too much creative liberty. Nobody could speak to a Mughal emperor like that in 1500s - especially when you know how aggressive and law-and-order-types the Mughals were. 

Anyway, a good episode indeed. We saw Jodha's rising emotion meter in hating Jalaal and Jalaal's craving to be loved like he has never been. There are cracks in Jodha's hatred and Jalaal has a hollow heart. 
Edited by MoronsKiMallika - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cosmo-Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Wow, this is so great. Where were you when they made the movie?? πŸ˜‰
You are so much into this and with so much insight, you have brought out the essence of this show quite well.
I love reading your analysis. They are fantastically great. πŸ€—
About JA, it is true that Jalal had a void and Jodha (Can I call her Jodha?? πŸ˜†) will fill it.
And whether Jodha agrees it or not, she is definitely affected by Jalal, Hate will turn into Love!!!!

Originally posted by: cosmogirl77

Wow, this is so great. Where were you when they made the movie?? πŸ˜‰
You are so much into this and with so much insight, you have brought out the essence of this show quite well.
I love reading your analysis. They are fantastically great. πŸ€—
About JA, it is true that Jalal had a void and Jodha (Can I call her Jodha?? πŸ˜†) will fill it.
And whether Jodha agrees it or not, she is definitely affected by Jalal, Hate will turn into Love!!!!

Thank you.πŸ€—... actually, i was writing something else, so they made the film and the show without me.πŸ˜†... I think we should practice names like Harka/Hira/Mariam.πŸ˜†... yes, Jodha is massively affected by Jalaal, so when she should be cold and clinical with him, she is crying buckets and asking him- Aap humein itnna kyun sataate hain?🀣
elasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
You surely know how to choose headlines...πŸ‘πŸΌ

Yes the episode was great and entertaining...What do you think of Jalal's reaction to Jodha's winning? Is he happy? 

Ruku said that he has no malaal on her loosing...I think may be inside he is happy.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Agree with you on everything. The 'Humne ye khel sirf Shahenshah ke maan ke liye khelaa hai.' part really got me. There were rumours that she would say she did it for her Rajput pride. Thank God for that!

The diwaan e aam part would have been a huge let down if it weren't for the kid part. It was not only touching, but also for the first time showed Jalal's vulnerability... A peek into his past that makes him the man he is today.

Good postπŸ‘
Edited by Autumn_Rose - 10 years ago

Originally posted by: elasingh

You surely know how to choose headlines...πŸ‘πŸΌ

Yes the episode was great and entertaining...What do you think of Jalal's reaction to Jodha's winning? Is he happy? 

Ruku said that he has no malaal on her loosing...I think may be inside he is happy.

Thank you, Elly.😳...Jalaal only thinks he is upset - we know that he is fascinated by Jodha's exceptional persona and spirit - he even day-dreamed about her in that mode. What he is really upset about is Jodha refusing the Shaahi-Farmaan. Aur wo Jodha ko lenaa hi padegaa. Aise na sahee , to waise.πŸ˜†
chinuchinu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
nice post i agree on all points specially about jalal πŸ˜³  πŸ‘πŸΌ 
ameilia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
LovelyπŸ‘πŸ‘.U explained it so well Vicky.
You are so right about Jodha and Jalal.They both are giving each other too much importance especially when they claim they hate each other.I really wished that Jodha would have been around to see that Jalal is not that heartless and cruel as she thinks.Its really interesting that she saw him punish those people rather then see him forgive them.Thus hinting many more misconceptions  in the future.
Jalal is still a kid at heart.A kid that yearns affection,love,nurture,stability and security.Today i have come to understand this unconditional love for MA and BK.They protected him and shielded him when he was a lost and helpless child.His is indebted to both of them so much that he power knows no bounds when it comes to them.All Jalal wants is unconditional love but somewhere down inside its not what MA and the others are giving him.He knows this but his gratitude towards them wont allow him to do anything against them.Today we got to see a very rare glimpse of an emotional Emperor showing mercy for his prisoners.One that Jodha missed😑😑.Where was she still complaining to Kanha on her buri husband?
As for Jalal another rejection came today when Jodha declined his offer.His expressions were a treat to watch.He was probably thinking 'how can she not want anything from me?','how can she disregard my promise knowing i can give her anything she wants?'All this boils down to HOW CAN SHE REJECT ME?HOW CAN SHE DARE TO REFUSE SUCH AN ATTRACTIVE OFFER FROM ME?
Now he wants to make sure she asks him for something but as shrewd as he is he is going to may her ask for something on his terms.Its interesting to see what kind of situation he will put Jodha in to make her ask him for something.
Rejection for Jalal gets covered by insult as per precap.He wants her to give him that right and importance to ask for something from him.He wants her to need and request him.Its his way of reassuring himself that he holds importance in her life.
For Jodha to understand Jalal she is going to have to give him the rights of a husband.Maybe not intimacy but she has to let go of her pride and that bravery that comes off as arrogance has go to go.Now its Preconceived Notions of a Rajput Princess versus Experience of Living as a Mughal Queen.
Edited by ameilia - 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Agree with you on everything. The 'Humne ye khel sirf Shahenshah ke maan ke liye khelaa hai.' part really got me. There were rumours that she would say she did it for her Rajput pride. Thank God for that!

The diwaan e aam part would have been a huge let down if it weren't for the kid part. It was not only touching, but also for the first time showed Jalal's vulnerability... A peek into his past that makes him the man he is today.

Good postπŸ‘

Thank you.πŸ˜ƒ... I think the creatives are slowly showing a transitional shift in Jodha where , without even consciously realizing it, she is taking Jalaal as her husband. His honour is her honour indeed. 

I guess the whole aim of showing that Diwaan-E-Aam scene was to show how vulnerable Jalaal really is.😊

Originally posted by: chinuchinu

nice post i agree on all points specially about jalal πŸ˜³  πŸ‘πŸΌ 

Thank you and the pleasure is all mine.😳