SS: Infamous Streets { Chap 2. Pg 2}

Carabelli5 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Hey Peeps,

I was watching a documentary today that forced me to grab my laptop and write this out. I always refrain from explicit writing but the content of the SS will be mature so reader's discretion is advised.

In addition, the characters of this SS have no resemblance to Asad/Zoya, except that you can imagine the protagonist being KSG and Surbhi Jyoti.

Chapter 1: Incidental Encounters

The young man in his early twenties peeked through the window searching for her; he finally stumbled on her reflection in the mirror. He pushed open the door and paced towards the table she was seated on. Her head was buried in the book in her hand. He pulled out a chair and sat down placing his backpack on the floor. He grabbed one of the books lying on the table and opened it to a random page. However, his nervous shaking and distracted gaze made it obvious that he was the least bit interested in the book.  He continuously stole a peak at the girl sitting across from his, oblivious to his presence.

Some thirty minutes passed by and she hadn't even looked at him once. She was so deeply engrossed in the book, or perhaps forcing herself to bar the outside world from her frame of reference. She had a constant blank expression on her face. Her brow tightened against her glasses, and her lips parted every now and then to sip on her large chai latte.

Suddenly Daft Punk's Get Lucky infiltrated the entire library; the girl finally looked up from her book towards the boy jumping on his chair trying to reach his pocket for his cell phone.  Her expressions were not of surprise but of a familiar nuisance, the expression one can't help but give when stumbling upon a deja vu moment. 

Karan jumped out of his chair and walked out of the library with his phone.

"Hey birthday boy what are the plans for tonight?" asked Vikrant on the other line.

"Trying to win my date here" 

"It's been a week, give up already!" teased Vikrant.

"Never! Listen I will meet you at the Blue Note at ten!" and he hung up the phone and paced back to the library.

But she was already gone. He grabbed his bag and ran out the door through the crowded corridors. But like always she managed to hide into her loneliness, behind this crowd.

Karan managed to escape the confines of the campus but he was disappointed to see no sign of her, unsure when he would find her again.

It was a chilly November night. It was colder than expected for New York weather, it felt like the first snow would fall tonight. Karan reached his party venue and handed the keys to his Aston Martin to the valet.  He headed into the club to be greeted by an entire brigade of people. He wouldn't call them friends but a crowd. He knew most of these people for years but he felt like he didn't really know any of them or vice versa. Vikrant his step brother was perhaps the closest friend he had.

"Here comes the most eligible bachelor of town!" greeted an excited Vikrant with a warm hug.

Karan rolled his eyes at the phrase, "most eligible" he didn't know what exactly qualified him as that, though he was way too arrogant to accept that in front of everyone. 

He headed straight to the bar and ordered a Kamikaze. He turned around to look at the variety of girls just waiting for one gesture.  His eyes made way to the girl sitting a seat away from him. She gave him a smile that indicated her approval.

Karan picked up his drink and moved next to the girl. He ordered her a drink; both chatted for a few minutes, and soon both rose from their stools and headed towards the back door.

Karan pushed her against the wall and pushed himself onto her lips. Slowly, he reached for her dress, and pulled it just above her waist and then his pants'.

The party ran till late ending with the crack of dawn. Karan was the only one left by the end, knocked out on bar.

Pulled out of his intoxication by the bar tender Karan looked at his watch and rubbed his eyes. He picked up his blazer and headed out.

He headed outside where his car was already waiting for him. However, he called up his driver to pick up the car and he walked out into the cold.

It had already snowed. He continued to walk on the virgin snow, leaving a traceable path.  He continued to walk aimlessly until he ran out of breath. His feet felt as if they would fall right off.  He found a bench covered with snow but he didn't think twice before sitting down. The cold had managed to augment his headache to a throbbing migraine.  He closed his eyes and tried to recall the events of last night, but he remembered nothing. 

There was not a person in site in the fog covered street. The snow continued to fall down mercilessly piling up quickly against the bench.

He stood up and reached out for his phone, but the battery was already dead.

"Shit" he muttered as if it was someone else's fault. He walked down a block to find a faint light coming from the block's corner. He walked quickly, and reached for the door of the building. He made his way inside to find a beautiful hall ornate with old hardwood benches. His eyes fell onto the altar and he realized what this building was.

"I need to find a charger!" he mumbled looking around to find someone.

"Excuse me, do you have an I phone charger, my phone'."

But he stopped midway seeing that it was her.

Index:
Chapter 2: PG 2 
Edited by Carabelli5 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KulfiBai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This looks very interesting, great start!

Are your protangonists going to be called Karan and Surbhi? You mentioned there would be explicit writing so just a friendly suggestion, you might not wanna use their real names, butthurt fangirls will be after you πŸ˜†

Looking forward to the next update 😊

HmmBrazen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: KulfiBai

This looks very interesting, great start!

Are your protangonists going to be called Karan and Surbhi? You mentioned there would be explicit writing so just a friendly suggestion, you might not wanna use their real names, butthurt fangirls will be after you πŸ˜†

Looking forward to the next update 😊

I agree with Tanvi its a rocking work but real names can land you in trouble 😳 
Ceon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
it ws beautiful. I loved it. Cnt soon
Enchantress thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hey this is just so good. Love it.. Please pm me next time.
kankabhor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice start ..But as other members said, it will be safe not to use real names else some fans will bite you..
Oishi23 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Nice start..would love to read...

But it's better if u use Asad Zoya's name instead of Karan Surbhi πŸ˜Š
soumyasingh thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
that was awesome...
can you please PM me when you update this?

thanks.. :)
Carabelli5 thumbnail

So I am as advised changing the names of the characters. I am horrible with Indian names but you forced me to dig deepπŸ˜†. Here it goes!

Chapter 2

Veer walked quickly, and reached for the door of the building, making his way inside to find a beautiful hall ornate with old hardwood benches. His eyes fell onto the altar and he realized what this building was.

"I need to find a charger!" he mumbled looking around to find someone. He walked a bit a forward to notice someone seated on the bench holding onto a bible for dear life.

"Excuse me, do you have an  i phone charger, my phone'."

But he stopped midway as if he recognized the face.

She suddenly looked up, clearing the few strands of hair covering her face, clearly angry at the sudden intrusion. As if the Satan had entered her chaste realm and grimed it with his mere presence.  His red eyes screamed a lack of sleep and his disheveled state of hair and cloth also indicated that he had not slept all night.

Veer's expressions were a mix of intrigue and excitement.

"Hey" his vice echoed in the empty hall.

However, she once again folded her hands in her lap and lowered her head towards the floor, continue her meditation.

"I am not following you!"  He pleaded, "I am just looking for a phone"

She suddenly jerked up and pulled out her cell phone from her bag and offered it to him unceremoniously, without looking towards him. As if trying to get him to shut up.

He didn't think twice before grabbing it and dialed a number quickly. He instructed his driver and hung up the phone.

"Thanks" he said returning the phone.

She took back the phone and placed it in her bag and resumed her prayer.

Some time passed and Veer felt the silence piercing his ears. He once again tried to start a conversation.

"Do you come here every day?"

There was no reply. But he persisted.

"I haven't seen you around campus before, have you just transferred?"

Still no reply.

"I am Kunwar Veer Singh; you probably have heard the name."  He haughtily tried his charm.

She suddenly stood up, as if no longer able to bear his presence. She turned around to give him a hateful look, catching him by surprise.

She began to march towards the door; Veer stood and tried to follow her.

"Listen, what happened? Why are you leaving?"

She continuously ignored him.

"Do you need a ride" he asked. Stepping onto the cold snow again but she began to pace up and soon disappeared behind the fog.

Veer was in shock taking his hair into his hands and led out a loud grunt.

Veer was glad to be finally back home; the warmth comforted him down to his bones. He threw off his shoes soggy clothes, leaving on his undershirt and boxers, and jumped right onto his bed. Covering himself with the comforter and dosed off to sleep.

Sleeping through the entire day and the night, when the ringtone went off; Veer tried vainly to reach his phone that had slipped of the bed.

By the time he reached it, the phone had stopped ringing. He sat up on his bed and his stomach led out a loud groan. He realized he hadn't eaten anything in the last twenty four hours.

He strolled out of his room, sheepishly rubbing his eyes and dragged himself downstairs to the kitchen.

Veer's parents were living in Richmond, Virginia and he moved to his east village, New York about a year ago. He lived by himself, although his mom had arranged for a driver and maid who were available on call 24/7. But Veer preferred his privacy.

He was very close to both of his parents, although his father had gotten married twice, he didn't seem to care much as his mother had moved on with her life with her new fond love of fashion designing. Both his parents had always been there for him and he never felt deprived of anything.

Finding nothing suitable in the fridge, he opted to order from outside and in the meanwhile jumped into the shower.

Grabbing his food Veer settled onto the couch and dug in.   The newspaper that he had picked up from the door earlier neatly lay on the table. Wiping one of his hands he moved forwards and held one corner of the paper and moved it to his lap. He shuffled through the pages absent mindedly until a picture caught his eye.  He felt his stomach clenching to hold it content and his throat began to constrict against the bolus of food he was tried hard to swallow. His eyes ran across the headline over the photograph.

"The Murder of 19 year old Sarah Malhotra remains a mystery even after 4 years."

Veer turned paler as he continued to stare at the picture of the very girl whose phone he had borrowed just yesterday morning, but it couldn't had been her as the girl in the picture died four years ago.

Edited by Carabelli5 - 10 years ago
KulfiBai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
OMG 😲

Great update! And what a shocker πŸ˜†