NonComposMentis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
I'm taking the liberty of assuming that the OS Contest isn't happening and therefore, posting my entry as a regular oneshot.
As for the sudden eagerness to post it...I want to get over with it.
Well, won't say too much here.
It feels nice waise, posting an OS after a month...
Anyway, here goes.

...And They Cried

The news was shocking and it left them stunned...

Stunned. Confused. Hurt. Sad. It made them break...

...and they cried.

It couldn't be. It shouldn't be. And yet...it had happened. Jaitley Sir had left them...forever.

Who could have thought that after spending a whole day having fun with the people he was closest to, the next day, he'd be gone...without a single word?!

Surely, surely he didn't expect them to move on in life without him, their mentor?! They weren't prepared for it...they could never be prepared for it...but the fact was, he was gone and there was nothing they could do about it, except one...

...and they cried.

The tears welled up in KD's eyes. He tried to stop them once, but feeling Kiya's hand on his shoulder and seeing her own tear-stricken face, his lip trembled and he bit it, as the tears flowed.

She sobbed and hugged him and he pulled her closer, burying his face in her hair, trying to tell himself to stop crying because he had to take care of her. He couldn't drown in his own sorrows while knowing that Kiya needed him and so he made another attempt to stop crying, wiping his tears away with one hand while holding Kiya with the other. It was in vain though; the tears started flowing again...

...and they cried.

He was surprised to feel that one lone tear running down his cheek and wiped it off. He turned his attention towards her and found to his horror that that one lone tear was now being followed by many more.

"Panchi..." his voice trembled slightly. He kept wiping at the tears, but they refused to stop. It wasn't so much Jaitley Sir behind his tears, he told himself. It was his Princess. It broke his heart seeing the state she was in.

She turned to face him, wiped a tear away, sniffed and then burst out crying again, and he had to hold her. He felt the previously buried hatred for Jaitley Sir rising again, as he stroked her back while she clutched at his shirt, soaking it with her tears. But he checked himself there, knowing that if Panchi came to know what he was feeling, she'd only be hurt so much more.

And then again, there were his own treacherous tears, washing over his belief of them being shed only for Panchi and not because he was just as affected as Panchi was, if not more. She moved away a little, "Avi..." she choked out, "Don't hold them in..." and she buried her head back in his chest, knowing that he'd hate having her see his tears.

He'd turned his head away at her words, knowing that she was right and feeling her body tremble as she cried, he let go of his hold over himself...

...and they cried.

Ranveer broke down completely. It felt like losing his family all over again, and it hurt so much, he felt he'd die because of the pain. And then there she was, Rukmini, trying her best to comfort him, knowing that it was of no use and trying to keep some control over herself, for his sake.

But it wasn't to be, she hurt along with him for Jaitley Sir and she hurt all the more for him. One look at his face, and she felt a lump in her throat, her eyes burned and her vision became blurry as her eyes welled up with tears, slowly running down her cheeks and then gaining momentum...

...and they cried.

She was numb with shock, sitting on the floor, hugging her knees to herself and he was trying his best to get her out of it, pacing about the room as he was.

He failed with every attempt and then the cruellest idea came to his mind, and so he taunted her. Telling her that she still had feelings for Jaitley Sir who was now far away, telling her all the things that came to his mind, all that he knew would hurt her the most. And they did.

Something inside her snapped when she heard him say that she didn't deserve his love, and she got up, trembling and slapped him, "I hate you, Omi!"

He pulled her to himself then for she'd burst into tears. She tried to push him off, but he was too strong and she was feeling too weak, and so she gave in, letting her head rest against his chest, letting the tears flow down her face, while he firmly held on to her, trying his best to not let her notice his own tears.

But he failed again, for she looked up to see them, caressed his cheek and wrapped her arms around him. They were Avantika and Omi, together in everything, she thought, sobbing and holding on to him as he choked out an apology to her and buried his face in her neck, his tears falling freely as well, and so they'd be together now as well...

...and they cried.

He'd been so happy, seeing his love come back to him and now, all that remained, was sadness, for his God, his Jaitley Sir was gone.

Never had he felt as helpless as he did now, having his own sorrow and now that of Bobby's to take care of as well. She had finally cracked, letting the tears flow and she pulled him into a tight hug, knowing that he was trying to restrain his own tears just for her sake and he cracked too...

...and they cried.

It was hard. They'd all reunited with their friends and Jaitley Sir after so long, and now...

Seeing Juhi let out a sob made the tears well up in his own eyes as well. They wouldn't start at first, as he remembered all his moments with Jaitley Sir, the man responsible for bringing the real Samar out in the open, and now, as he held her, they wouldn't stop...

...and they cried.

A year.

One whole, long, torturous year had passed by and they had still not recovered. Time was supposed to heal all wounds, but in their case, it had only seemed to make it worse. Sure, outwardly, they seemed as normal as could be, but inside, they were hollow. They hurt every single day, and the pain brought fresh tears to their eyes. They were there, to reminisce and to cry.

"You have to be the saddest bunch of kids I've ever seen." The voice, dripping with mild sarcasm and good humour made them turn.

And they were as stunned as they had been a year back...

But this time, they recovered much more quickly and all but tackled their beloved Jaitley Sir. Questions would soon follow, answers would be provided, there would be anger, happiness, hugs and all that they had missed over the past year. But at the moment, there was only relief...

...and they cried. Tears of joy.

It needs editing, a hell lot of it. But honestly, I don't care. It is what all my works have been, absolute bullshit.

And this just happens to be my 20th piece on TBP. *sighs* Not to mention, in all probabilities...it's gonna be my last too.

I've lost all inspiration to write...fanfics, I mean. I've been trying to come up with something..to connect the bits and pieces and fragments of whatever that I've had in my mind..but nothing worked out...and now, I'm not even going to try.

As it is, times have been stressful. All the more reason for my stupid brain to freeze. -_-

Anyway, it's closure. To writing on TBP. Of course though, for all I know, I might just have this flash of inspiration soon..and it might just be compelling enough as to require immediate attention and typing out.

And well, that'll be all...I complete 7 months today...of writing on TBP...for I distinctly remember posting Banter, my very first OS on 16th January... *sighs again* Those were the days...

Anyway, it's not like I'm leaving...coz I'm not. TBP has given me a lot. Thodi faith aur loyalty toh banti hai...regardless of all the times I've contemplated quitting out of sheer frustration...

I do hope things would be better soon..and I mean it in general...

Anyway, I talk too much, so I better shut up.

Oh! One last thing...for anyone and everyone who's read my work...and especially everyone who took pains to comment...a huge thank you. I couldn't have gotten from Oneshot No. 1 to Oneshot No. 20 had it not been for all the support and encouragement I got. Once again, thank you! 

...What a sentimental fool I am... *shakes head*

That will be all. No PMs.

Arre! Wait! Another thing! Thank you for bearing with my long A/Ns. It's good to know they are read with as much pleasure and enjoyment as is put in and experienced while writing them.

Then again, it's how I am...so it cannot be helped anyway...so whatever.

Okay. Final wala. I'm done.

Indebted,

Mugs.

Edited by NonComposMentis - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Effervescent_R thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I read the entire thing

n it left me baffled

could

feel ther pain

n finally their joy

of getting ther

mentor back

this was sooo beautful

Kiddo

the hurt/comfort

so beautfully portrayed

.serenade. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OMG ! It's Aweome Mugs! 
Res for a lamba comment
santiagosentyou thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Res!

*unres*
 First of all, thank you Mugsy for reminding me. :P

That is one amazing OS!
All the couples comforting each other was beautiful! I especially loved VeeNi and ViChi! I can't believe you made me like VeeNi. :O
Avantika and Omi, such a unique couple.  I truly feel Avantika's the only one who could have shouted at Omi that way, especially in such an emotional situation considering she lost her first love, according to her at least.
I loved the fact that without using Piddi's name, you clearly showed that it his him. I would never have been able to do that!

And then, as always, JJ comes back, only and only for his very own jokers. His abiloity to lighten any situation when necessary is something I admired a lot and you've captured it beautifully!

And they cried is definitely one of your best OS'es emotionally according to me. <3

I hope you find inspiration soon because I for one will definitely miss your OS since I'm a huge fan!
I truly believe that you're one of the best writers. Period.

Always and forever,
Love,
Ananya. :)
Edited by ARandKJFan - 10 years ago
sweety2mcguire thumbnail
Outstanding dear.. 👏 👏 👏
NonComposMentis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Serendipity-

I read the entire thing