Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hriju321 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: docgirl

Rabba Ve all πŸ€— . I hear it was a mirthful day for the satyanashers,,,,,,,,,,, 

Can I just say - please don't be apoplectic about rain hug redux! Ai yai yai ladkis - ab main kaisay samjhaoon? This is a rip-off, a cut and paste job --- of the iconic morantic scenes. Dupatta stuck in car door, rain hug, guesthouse fight --- be ready for Diwali Diyas and Fairy lights. The EK Baar Phir is replaying that with a new couple. What's new is the context - the Marathi family, the backstory. From yesterday's epi I got the impression that the backstory is waiting to erupt. Baba Sahib will be sabsay bada villain, aayi anjali a mere pawn! That sounds way more interesting that the copy and paste. As for that - Ki farak painda?  Our memories are protected - kisi ki maajal jo unhey bhrashth karein? πŸ˜†

Visi, hoping to catch you here. Been waiting to talk about The Newsroom. I'm loving S2 and apparently Sorkin does not have the bandwidth for S3 even though HBO wants to renew. That makes me sad ---- very sad! How prophetic is the Sarin gas story given whats happening in Syria. 

Rabba Ve DocπŸ€—
@ bold red : That sounds interesting...baba Agnihotri..a la ..Daiyya Ho? Initially sweet as honey and later serpent in the Garden of Eden?

meens80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Rabba Ve all πŸ€— . I hear it was a mirthful day for the satyanashers,,,,,,,,,,, 

Can I just say - please don't be apoplectic about rain hug redux! Ai yai yai ladkis - ab main kaisay samjhaoon? This is a rip-off, a cut and paste job --- of the iconic morantic scenes. Dupatta stuck in car door, rain hug, guesthouse fight --- be ready for Diwali Diyas and Fairy lights. The EK Baar Phir is replaying that with a new couple. What's new is the context - the Marathi family, the backstory. From yesterday's epi I got the impression that the backstory is waiting to erupt. Baba Sahib will be sabsay bada villain, aayi anjali a mere pawn! That sounds way more interesting that the copy and paste. As for that - Ki farak painda?  Our memories are protected - kisi ki maajal jo unhey bhrashth karein? πŸ˜†

Visi, hoping to catch you here. Been waiting to talk about The Newsroom. I'm loving S2 and apparently Sorkin does not have the bandwidth for S3 even though HBO wants to renew. That makes me sad ---- very sad! How prophetic is the Sarin gas story given whats happening in Syria. 

Hi DocπŸ€—
Long time, hope all is well at your end and your are having more SKD moments than SN in AD.

docgirl thumbnail
@ Jujube: I haven't watched enough for such precise parallels, but got the defi impression that sahib is the villain of the piece. Truth be told he seemed the most interesting of all the characters - I always liked Suresh Oberoi so a look-alike gets a head start! πŸ˜ƒ

@meens; AD is pretty darn crazy but my parents are visiting right now so everything seems better! Aur aap? Kab kushal mangal? 
Edited by docgirl - 10 years ago
Hriju321 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

@ Jujube: I haven't watched enough for such precise parallels, but got the defi impression that sahib is the villain of the piece. Truth be told he seemed the most interesting of all the characters - I always liked Suresh Oberoi so a look-alike gets a head start! πŸ˜ƒ

@meens; AD is pretty darn crazy but my parents are visiting right now so everything seems better! Aur aap? Kab kushal mangal? 

Suresh Oberoi lookalike definitely  and can act too...way better than the lead😊
meens80 thumbnail

All good for the most part; my Aunt's visiting from India and we had a bit of a scare with her and kidney stones and ER visits but she is all better now and we have been up and about all over the north-eastπŸ˜›

Work has been really busy and I don't think there will be much respite for the next couple of months but a lot of work is way better than no work so all iz well

docgirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hriju321

Suresh Oberoi lookalike definitely  and can act too...way better than the lead😊

i am agree... but then he isn't saddled with the legacy of the original lead and the brows needn't meet ALL the time! I really think the show would benet  from from focusing on the family drama and letting the morance play second fiddle. 
hain thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

From yesterday's epi I got the impression that the backstory is waiting to erupt. Baba Sahib will be sabsay bada villain, aayi anjali a mere pawn!

Doc that is the impression I got too. In fact I believe that this is the initial story that was pitched and the cast was working on. The morance was forced by SP along with the name. 
docgirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: hain

Doc that is the impression I got too. In fact I believe that this is the initial story that was pitched and the cast was working on. The morance was forced by SP along with the name. 

Say what? they got it right then Heineken, if i picked that up in one watch. SP should just back off and let the PH do its thang! Bet that'll draw more TRPs than this cut and paste job. 
hain thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vistaa

Rabba Ve Savs

@Bold:, and not a moment too soon.😊

Arnav was a liberal's delight in so many ways. A completely live and let live guy...believed in what he believed and brooked no opposition to his beliefs. And despite the occasional brotherly ribbing, pretty much gave Anjali the space to practice her devotion, be it to her God or her Pati.  

Remember his easy acceptance of Bankelal ji and past relationships being just that, past relationships. He really was shown as a true liberal.
Edited by hain - 10 years ago
Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Episode 42 & 43:

The marriage vows renewal sequence was as powerful an answer as can be to all our head-scratching at Anjali's  unshakeable belief in Shyam's innocence, and her willful disregard of all the irrefutable evidence. Too bad they didn't pursue this storyline further.

The vows themselves, and their quiet, firm enunciation by Anjali and Shyam, was so compelling...almost enough to give me goosebumps. And then I marveled at Shyam- both the character, and the actor playing him. Such effortless switching between a devoted husband with eyes for nobody but his radiant wife, and a common trickster who can't keep his mind off his latest crush, even as he pretends to renew his marriage vows. πŸ‘β­οΈπŸ‘πŸΌ Abhas was picture perfect!

And then today, what an absolute delight of a conversation between Khushi and Payal .⭐️So natural, so effortless...each scene flowed so beautifully. Khushi babbling as usual, with Payal, with Buaji and also with her Babuji...yet she instinctively picks up on his troubled tone. She is dying to confess what happened in the mandir with her LG, but loses courage at the last moment and fobs Payal off with a Khushism...kal naashte mein hum kya khayenge? πŸ˜†

Amma Babuji make a powerful appearance (prob Tuhina Vohra's last few scenes before she was replaced by Pyumori Mehta😭). to start the mortgaged shop storyline. As Savs said, Buaji is always a force to reckon with, and today was no exception. Each of these actors, including Rajesh Jais as Mamaji, lived and breathed their roles with such talent and ease...*shakes head*..no words!!!

At the end of these twenty-two odd minutes every weekday, my heart is full...with love, with pride, and most of all, with gratitude that I got to be a part of this masterpiece.

And oh, I almost forgot...there was fair bit of subtle hints being passed around about what was to come: notice the subtle change in dhayya ho's bg when Arnav walks into the kitchen...it becomes just a tad menacing. 😈