Is getting married everything ?

durba thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi guys, I have been watching Qubool Hai these days and thinking why are they hurrying to get Najma married. I mean she's too young and just out of college. Why don't they encourage her to study further or help Asad in his business. Okay, for a minute lets think that Asad n his family is conservative. But what happened to Zoya ? She is from NY no ? Neither does she talk of doing a job herself nor is she encouraging the family members to help Najma in getting a job and become independent. I thought they wanted to show that Zoya has progressive views and is modern in her outlook then why doesn't she talk about a woman building an image for herself rather than being a housewife ? Come on, nowadays every girl tries to achieve something for herself rather than getting proposals immediately after college and becoming a housewife. I am really miffed with this idea ! 

REPLY:
Thanks guys so much for your replies. I am happy at least some of you agree with me. I am doing my postgrad and I plan to get a job n be as capable of earning bread for my family as my future-whoever-husband would be. I don't want my kids to look up to their father for everything. I don't despise the idea of being a housewife. If someone likes it then its their choice. But in the show, it seems like they are trying to get rid of Najma ??? I mean at least ask her what she wants to do with her life. They are well to do, she can study further or do some job and be a strong woman. Didn't Gul's promotion for the show begin with Zoya talking about a progressive society ??? In which progressive society do u marry off a just-out-of college girl ? Najma looks so young and naive. At least let her mature and let her take things as it comes. I am disappointed with Zoya's character. I don't expect anyone else to think of it but seems like Zoya is soon turning into a run-of-the-mill bahu ! In my opinion, every woman should be given enough independence to lead her life as she wants and definitely marriage in NOT everything. Its a part of life and should not be the sole aim of life. When will these serial makers understand that we are a part of a rapidly changing society and even though we watch their shows, we will not put up with underwhelming women oriented roles. We want to see a strong woman force and how they emerge as leaders barring all odds !!!
Edited by durba - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nautanki_anu thumbnail
EXACTLY!!! I don't understand the BIG hurry in getting college going girls married on this show. Nikhat, Humeira, Najma. By those standards AsYa shd've been married with 2 kids by now!!!

N it's supposed to be a progressive Indian family living in a city. Have they heard of graduation/post graduation n career for girls or probably the main aim in life is to get their girls married on the very next day of their 18th b'day!!!

How ridiculous is that!!! ๐Ÿ˜ก
DreA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
You know what would be funny. If Najma ends up being married. But Asad and Zoya are still stuck in the engaged position. 

All this marriage talk is annoying. 
Rorschach thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Apparently, the stupid Cvs could not think of anything else to move forward this so called 'The Different Isshhtory'.  So they come up with this plane stupid idea.

I am afraid next will be Nuzzhat and she might have a crush on Imran

Hey Maa, Maataji!!๐Ÿ˜†
FarhaadkiMahi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Thand rakho yaar QH me kisi ka nikah nahi hone wala hai itni jaldi.all girls complete their study n get job u just wait n watch
kany thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I agree with you, but I think that after the rejection of marriage by Najma, Zoya was supported in her decision. Edited by KhanJi11 - 10 years ago
.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Yupp, it literally pissed me off when people tell you to get married at a certain age. Granted there is a biological clock ticking inside every woman but that doesn't mean that marriage is the solution. I think it's very important for a woman to complete her education and get a career that she loves and wants to do.

But I think when Najma says no to the boy, Zoya will be understanding. Still, the women on the show need a career. Or at least a job. 

Rorschach thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: moniloveasya

Thand rakho yaar QH me kisi ka nikah nahi hone wala hai itni jaldi.all girls complete their study n get job u just wait n watch

I liked that๐Ÿ˜›. You are quite a thinker, ain't you๐Ÿ˜†.
anushreemishra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanku so much for making this post...i completely agree...i mean najma hasn't even graduated yet and everybody is hell bent on marrying her off and i agree even if asad's family is a little conservative which i think from the past encounters is not entirely true coz for me dilshad is a very inependent woman and i truly expected her to ask najma for further studies or job and to me even if asad is conservative i feel he always wanted her sister to be independent but now what?and the biggest surprise is zoya being so excited about najma's wedding...i really thought she would not like the idea of getting zoya married at a tender age of 20...i mean comeon
ReemaRani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi. I just want to clarify what I think many people may view independence as vs being a housewife vs a wife. I completely agree with you - they shouldnt rush Najma or any of the girls, but I don't think it hurts to get a person married if they want to or are ready too. Especially if someone is a conservative Muslim, there are certain guidelines that they live by, and if they are willing too then I think that's a good thing. What absolutely makes me sad is when people tell girls or assume that once a girl is married, her education and career are over. This makes me so mad. I'm in the process of getting married and it's so hard for me because some stupid men and crazy mothers do not want a professional wife or a professional working wife! And I want to be a working professional for the rest of my life after marriage. I want Gul to show that this is possible and that no married woman needs to automatically sit and home when she is comPletely capable of contributing to the betterment of the world. So I guess what it comes down to is not necessarily the rush of marriage but the idea that independence can still be garnered by a chance to complete an education and become a professional regardless of marital status when it comes to a woman