Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AishwaryaRathod thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

nush--maybe we should start a totally separate debate about KJo 😆 😆 😆

but since this is a debate about srk;i am posting another what khalid mohammad said about the cast of kank

Won from the heart
Khalid Mohamed
Saturday, August 12, 2006 20:35 IST 

The ensemble performances are of the highest order. Abhishek Bachchan is excellent, handling complex moments with depth, particularly his lacerating bouts of rage.

Rani Mukherji tackles a difficult part with conviction and compassion. Preity Zinta elevates her role with intelligence and spontaneity.

Amitabh Bachchan is boss, infallibly investing gravitas as well as humour to every scene (his speechlet at a discotheque is palpably heartfelt).

The anchorman of Alvida is the always searching and superb Shah Rukh Khan. Only he could have pulled off a role which requires that fine balance between pain and passion. Bravo!

For its non-judgmental and progressive take on marriage and infidelity, see KANK with someone you love..unconditionally.

[email protected]

Rating

Outstanding:*****
Very Good: ****
Good: ***
Average: **
Poor: *

Edited by legallyblonde21 - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: legallyblonde21

nush--maybe we should start a totally separate debate about KJo 😆 😆 😆

but since this is a debate about srk;i am posting another what khalid mohammad said about the cast of kank

Won from the heart
Khalid Mohamed
Saturday, August 12, 2006 20:35 IST 

The ensemble performances are of the highest order. Abhishek Bachchan is excellent, handling complex moments with depth, particularly his lacerating bouts of rage.

Rani Mukherji tackles a difficult part with conviction and compassion. Preity Zinta elevates her role with intelligence and spontaneity.

Amitabh Bachchan is boss, infallibly investing gravitas as well as humour to every scene (his speechlet at a discotheque is palpably heartfelt).

The anchorman of Alvida is the always searching and superb Shah Rukh Khan. Only he could have pulled off a role which requires that fine balance between pain and passion. Bravo!

For its non-judgmental and progressive take on marriage and infidelity, see KANK with someone you love..unconditionally.

[email protected]

Rating

Outstanding:*****
Very Good: ****
Good: ***
Average: **
Poor: *

Perhaps Khalid mohammed lowes the Hamming😛..I mean,see,there are no two ways about it...The aficionados of the candyfloss cinema would be great fans of the SRK-KJo duo😛...and those who love SRK love precisely his hamming(as he does nothing else)😛...and that's exactly what my problem is...He hams,🤢.He hams up every scene..he played a looser in Devdas,and in KANK.....and his acting in KANK was the same as in Devdas where he writes Ash a letter and goes away(that's where the character devdas became a big looser and got so annoying)..and most of the scenes in KANK(BTW,I watched it today😛..I somehow managed to get a ticket) bear an uncanny similarity to that scene of devdas(i.e. SRK's emoting I mean)...The character of Sharukh from the beginning is of such a pathetic loser that you do not want to even feel for him

I loved fanaa...The critics slammed it,panned it for its length..But when I watched fanaa,I just didnt know how the time just flew away,whereas KANK really got to my nerves as it never seemed to  end....The characters left me cold and the pace of the storyline left me snoring😕....and on a lighter note, when I left the multiplex,a woman's saying.."Pheww.....Rani dumped ABHISHEK BACHCHAN for SRK".......

Now that had me going LMAOOOOOO😆u know what the saving grace of the movie was the 1 minute 42 sec trailer of dhoom2😳

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
everybody..behold nush-push aka my friend buffie the lover of DHOOM 2 just for reasons such as HR and Ash; and behold the future lover of films such as jodha-akbar for the same reasons; oh and let me tell you my chacha made a comment at lunch today when some1 was talking about dhoom 2 that went: "HR is such an exaggerrratedddd overrateddd actor who loves to hold the hand of daddy dearest" and I was like--LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO; why do you think HR is in dhoom 2--because of his good looks just like john was in dhoom just for his good looks

and as for what that lady said about rani leaving abhi; well Saira Mohan is 346235237842 times better suited for Abhi than Rani is;if there was to ever be a music vdo such as RHRN again that abhi sang he'd better have someone like her in it;she's tall and an international model;did that woman NOT realise that maya talwar was UNHAPPY; frustrated; suffocated; and even though Rishi was amazing he JUST didn't work for her; who the heck told her to marry him; she should NEVER EVER EVER have married Rishi; it has nothing to do with abhi 😕

let me also remind you that devdas did GREAT business and SRK even won the best actor awards for that movie and the way you though KANK was never-ending is the same way i sat through RDB feeling that it NEEDED to END like 5 mins ago;could someone please inform AK that he is 40 and thus NOT play a college kid anymore;and ohmigoshhh my cousin thinks that AK needed a serious face lift in the first half of fanaa--i was lmaooooooooooooo

may i also add that a LOTTTT of ppl i know that are of indian origin but that didnt know the indian national anthem because they ve neevr even visited india learnt it because of K3G--should KJo be thanked then???

let the SRK lovers be; his movies represent bwood to them
insouciance thumbnail

everybody..behold nush-push aka my friend buffie the lover of DHOOM 2 just for reasons such as HR and Ash; and behold the future lover of films such as jodha-akbar for the same reasons;

I like ash,but I dont care a damn about  umrao jaan,albeit it has abhi too,whom I am extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemeeeeeeeeeely fond of😳,and you know tha😃.....I dont care about akbar jodha,because it seems boring,and I'm not a great fan of period films......But even if there was no HR and ash,I would have been equally as excited as i'm now for dhoom 2....I loved dhoom,and that's why I'm allready in love with dhoom 2..I love swades,and if there's a sequel,I'd be curious about that too..So its not HR and Ash ,its the movie which seems so interesting...HR donning 15 avtaars,the songs,the cool look.....

oh and let me tell you my chacha made a comment at lunch today when some1 was talking about dhoom 2 that went: "HR is such an exaggerrratedddd overrateddd actor who loves to hold the hand of daddy dearest" and I was like--LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO; why do you think HR is in dhoom 2--because of his good looks just like john was in dhoom just for his good looks

and why do you think I'm going to watch dhoom 2...To ogle at abhi(who I hope would look good😭) and HR..ash and Bips look great,honestly tell me,arent even you excited sheena😉...DD you watch dhoom only for john's looks..I mean,the story was so thrilling,and one always watches it at the edge of the seat..I mean,we dont know the dhoom 2 ending,we dont know how each robbery is going to happen😛....isnt that more interesting than a kank where we know that people got into an EMA just because of their ego and weird nature

and as for what that lady said about rani leaving abhi; well Saira Mohan is 346235237842 times better suited for Abhi than Rani is;if there was to ever be a music vdo such as RHRN again that abhi sang he'd better have someone like her in it;she's tall and an international model;did that woman NOT realise that maya talwar was UNHAPPY; frustrated; suffocated; and even though Rishi was amazing he JUST didn't work for her; who the heck told her to marry him; she should NEVER EVER EVER have married Rishi; it has nothing to do with abhi 😕

OMG,that lady was joking.....😆...I think everyone knows how to differentiate between reel and real,and it was said in a a light vein..I mean,honestly,no one would jilt a hubby like rishi(abhi)😳

let me also remind you that devdas did GREAT business and SRK even won the best actor awards for that movie and the way you though KANK was never-ending is the same way i sat through RDB feeling that it NEEDED to END like 5 mins ago;could someone please inform AK that he is 40 and thus NOT play a college kid anymore;and ohmigoshhh my cousin thinks that AK needed a serious face lift in the first half of fanaa--i was lmaooooooooooooo

OMG,please..its SRK who direly needs a face lift..couldnt you see that his face was sagging in KANK,esp in the mitwa song......AK is 42,yet he doesnt look as old as SRK...AK surely didnt look 20 in RDB,He looked  28-30...and AK changed his look,whereas SRK never does that...he needs to experiment

may i also add that a LOTTTT of ppl i know that are of indian origin but that didnt know the indian national anthem because they ve neevr even visited india learnt it because of K3G--should KJo be thanked then???

I agree on this one.....too much bashing isnt good😳..coz who knows,I might end up loving DON more than dhoom😆..SRK can bounce back😛

Originally posted by: Buffie

I agree on this one.....too much bashing isnt good😳..coz who knows,I might end up loving DON more than dhoom😆..SRK can bounce back😛

and thus we shall leave it at that and say our peace😛 and ohmigosh i wanna watch the original DON before i watch DON;

Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Mine in Blue

now we can fight to our heart's content😛..Mine is red

Me_Anonymous thumbnail

Sheen,read this😊...It'd clearly show that SRK's got an inflated head😭😡

SRK not a King Khan anymore

The Hindi film industry has entered the second half of the year feeling triumphant as it has managed to get the audiences back into the halls without much extra effort.

But the audiences are still unpredictable. Critically acclaimed multi-starrer "Omkara" is holding well only in Mumbai and Delhi while Sanjay Dutt-starrer "Anthony Kaun Hai" is hovering between average and flop categories.

Going by early reports, this year's most-awaited mega-starrer "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna" by the industry's blue-eyed boy Karan Johar has not had as spectacular an opening as was hoped.

The box-office collections of the film are likely to pick up after the five-day extended weekend but the film's characterisation and plot have not enthused critics much.

The film stars Shah Rukh Khan who claims to be the "icon of the industry". In the teaser of his new movie "Don", Shah Rukh says: "I am the king".

But box-office returns of his solo films are a clear indicator that even he cannot guarantee box-office success the way Amitabh Bachchan could in the good old days.

Though the audience has changed, a large movie-going population is still very much into hero-worshiping enabling some south Indian actors to command more money than Bollywood's "A-list" stars.

Scepticism tends to creep in when one hears Shah Rukh say: "This is King Khan. I'm the Ronaldinho (ace Brazilian footballer) of acting. I'll be there for another five to six years, then maybe you can think of some other actor."

Elsewhere, he can be heard saying: "No newcomer is around to oust me. It's terrific. I'm respected, recognised. Many magazines call me the icon of the country. The fact is I'm blessed, it has been a charmed life."

He has ruled the roost coming a long way from days of television series "Fauji" in 1988 to scale spectacular heights after "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge".

But in today's scenario Shah Rukh needs to be accompanied by an ensemble cast including Amitabh, Rani Mukerji, Preity Zinta and Abhishek Bachchan as in "Kabhi Alvida..."

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=11521

both of these are people's OPINION. so both of these articles DO NOT certify that SRK is NOT or IS the KING KHAN. If i was a journalist i had written something diff. to the above 2s, i still hole a diff. opinion as compared to the above 2 artciles😳

Me_Anonymous thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rajeev Ki Heer

her name is Jessica Lal (Buffie has misprinted it) . she was murderd by Manu Sharma, son of Haryana minister Vinod Sharma, in a restaurant in Delhi when she refused to serve drink to him.

this year in feb. all the accused were acquitted bcz of the lack of evidence😡.

oh i saw something like this in a TV serial or something, may be in CID, cant remember exactly, thanx for the info btw😃

Me_Anonymous thumbnail

well..FYI --- i watched headlines today--the channel HT-- yesterday and Komal Nahta was a guest there and he was talking to one of the reporters about the movie business saying that anthony kaun hai was dumbbbb and if ppl expected arshad warsi to carry of a film they were nuts; saying that corporate did good just in metros and not even in the oversaes circuit; saying that omkara was not doing well AND saying that the KANK business in these 4 days since it released--business in all circuits INCLUDING overseas was equal to the Krrish business for all these weeks; and then he went on to say the saaaaaaaaaaame thing on bollywood tonite a show on zee music

but wait; my bad..i am surreee komal nahta is a paid critic as well; i mean what does he know; forget that he's been in this business for a long time;forget that

I watched krrish once whereas i ve watched spiderman 1 & 2 like quite a few times;and like jp said above SRK is the king of my bwood experience as well;and who cares about critics as long as KJo laughs all the way to the bank; i'm sorry but there are some people who like the foreign locales; who loovee great picturisations; who loove grandeur and who loove movies like kkhh; khnh; and K3G;and the reason i said kjo celebrates bwood and thats what certain people might like is because one can watch BETTER hollywood films instead of koi mil gaya; one can watch wedding crashers or just married instead of phir hera pheri or hulchul;meet the parents; one can watch a James Bond film in place of Dhoom; one can watch united 93 instead of fanaa;and of course one can watch the oscar award winning original the Godfather trilogy instead os sarkar;

plus i know loads of people who will watch DHOOM 2 just because it is a sequel to the verrrryyy successful dhoom and has baby B; heck neither my chacha nor my pa knew that HR were in dhoom 2 but my i remember my uncle saying that dhoom was coming up with a sequel whenever he heard the dhoom machale song on radio and saying that the junior B was a good actor

y do people think watever critics say is RIGHT, they not GOD for God's sake. they r normal human beings like us and all they say or criticise are THEIR OPINIONS

EDIT: even i didn't know HR was in Dhoom 2 till sometime back i read an artcile😳

P.S. DM mods don't think i'm spamming😳 otherwise😈😈😈

Edited by scorpion134 - 17 years ago
khads45 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i think srk can't do those chocolate boy type roles and he doesn't do them anymore and he shouldn't. he needs to do roles that suit his age lolzz come on hes like 40 years old!!! he should just produce movies